View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 2:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Thoughts on Santorum 
QB Coach

Post Re: Thoughts on Santorum
Pablo wrote:
Funny in Super Tuesday how it was Romney who got the Catholic vote and not Sanorum, the Catholic - this basically lost him Ohio.

I saw that as well. To me, that shows how far out of the mainstream Santorum is. The people who profess to be part of the same group as him don't actually act the same way that he does. He's on the extreme side of Catholicism, and mainstream Catholics don't agree with him. Or so it would seem...

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

March 7th, 2012, 11:53 am
Touchdown Jesus wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Funny in Super Tuesday how it was Romney who got the Catholic vote and not Sanorum, the Catholic - this basically lost him Ohio.

I saw that as well. To me, that shows how far out of the mainstream Santorum is. The people who profess to be part of the same group as him don't actually act the same way that he does. He's on the extreme side of Catholicism, and mainstream Catholics don't agree with him. Or so it would seem...

That's how I see it as well.

March 7th, 2012, 1:48 pm
QB Coach

Funny thing is, Catholics are used to being told what to do (kneel, sit,stand, 20 our fathers, and pray to Mary because she helps Jesus with prayers he's too busy for) and generally vote Liberal anyway.

ANother side note, Santorum ran away with the EVANGELICAL vote.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

March 7th, 2012, 4:42 pm
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Funny thing is, Catholics are used to being told what to do (kneel, sit,stand, 20 our fathers, and pray to Mary because she helps Jesus with prayers he's too busy for) and generally vote Liberal anyway.

You say "EVANGELICAL" we say "radical."

March 7th, 2012, 4:46 pm
QB Coach

wjb21ndtown wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

You say "EVANGELICAL" we say "radical."

Exactly. Evangelicals are on the far side of Christianity.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

March 7th, 2012, 5:00 pm
QB Coach

I guess we'll just have to see who's on the "right" side now won't we?

50/50 chance, sheep or goats, but it all boils down to the relationship with Jesus, either you have one, or you don't. But the choice remains yours! So if this classifies me as a RADICAL, so be it!

Do I win a one size fits all jump suit, and the top bunk at the political re-education camp? Can I, huh, huh, please, please?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

March 7th, 2012, 5:18 pm
WarEr4Christ wrote:
I guess we'll just have to see who's on the "right" side now won't we?

50/50 chance, sheep or goats, but it all boils down to the relationship with Jesus, either you have one, or you don't. But the choice remains yours! So if this classifies me as a RADICAL, so be it!

Do I win a one size fits all jump suit, and the top bunk at the political re-education camp? Can I, huh, huh, please, please?

Perhaps a spot in the nuthouse...

You can see it as "it's your God or no God" if you'd like, but the most of the world views religion quite differently. Perhaps that's why you're thought of as a radical.

March 7th, 2012, 6:09 pm
QB Coach

Right, I'm aware of how most of the world see's it, and there in lies the problem. But it's a perspective thing, and we could go to cyberwar over this by arguing the point, but it's not worth it. So I am more than happy to be a "radical" if that's what I need to be called. I'm not going to cry, or retaliate. I'm not going to take my toys and go home because you or anyone else called me names. It don't matter, but I will tell you what I will do. I will pick you up in prayer too! I mean, why not, I'm already carrying a few others, and it's free so what's it hurt right?

Just think, out of 7 billion people in the world, YOU, and others are being PRAYED FOR, and it don't cost a thing. Enjoy the ride!

March 7th, 2012, 7:07 pm
RIP Killer

Don't worry WarEr4Christ, Jesus was seen as a radical in his day as well so you are in very good company.

March 7th, 2012, 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

[-o< I am more than happy to be assoicated with him in those terms, and honored that you should say so. If I could only learn to love like him, serve my fellow man like him, and do as he did, I would be ecstatic. That's my goal, but sadly, I often get in the way!

March 7th, 2012, 9:58 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

While Santorum wouldn't be my first choice for President, I'd take a Jesus Freak over a Marxist every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Just saying.

I should also reiterate that I still hate that political opportunist, liberal, flip-flopping, say anything to get elected. lying, piece of human filth called Mitt Romney. His only redeeming quality is that he isn't Barack Obama.

March 8th, 2012, 1:52 am
QB Coach

Interesting point alert:

Romney camp stated, "That to lose the nominee would be an act of God." That's a PROUD statement, and pride goes before a fall, especially on a national stage. I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm just saying that I wouldn't have allowed statements like this at all. Should be leading with humility, integrity, and courage.

It reminds me of the instance where some foolish person has stated that, "God himself couldn't sink her!" when he spoke of the Titanic.

If the radicals step out to vote, and come together behind the Jesus Freak, it could change. David and Goliath y'all

btw: what's so wrong about the Jesus Freak getting the office? What are you afraid of? President Santorum's first day in office he is going to pass the National Sunday Law, which would require all who live here to attend a church service of their choice on Sunday morning? Um Bill Clinton tried that in the 90's, or at least they drew it up, called it the Blue law I think, I'll check it out. Saw a book on it.

But seriously, here are just a few things off the top of my head, on Santorum.
1. brings faith to the office (look at the good attributes of the Christian faith, and what good it's done over the years for families, and the poor, and more)
2. brings integrity (illustrated by his willingness to be transparent when asked about voting record. Didn't dodge it, owned up, admitted mistakes and moved on.)
3. Passionately loves this country
4. Passionately believes we are moving in the wrong direction

What do we have?
1. a wolf in sheeps clothing
2. passionately hates what we stand for as a country
3. passionately hates the Constitution because it restricts his hope and change
4. surrounds himself with criminals and enemies of the state.
5. lies more than a turkish rug store
6. placates our enemies
7. bankrupts our country and ricochets the blame on the previous administration, when it's ALL HIS.
and I could go on.

March 8th, 2012, 9:40 am
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Interesting point alert:

Romney camp stated, "That to lose the nominee would be an act of God." That's a PROUD statement, and pride goes before a fall, especially on a national stage. I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm just saying that I wouldn't have allowed statements like this at all. Should be leading with humility, integrity, and courage.

It reminds me of the instance where some foolish person has stated that, "God himself couldn't sink her!" when he spoke of the Titanic.

If the radicals step out to vote, and come together behind the Jesus Freak, it could change. David and Goliath y'all

btw: what's so wrong about the Jesus Freak getting the office? What are you afraid of? President Santorum's first day in office he is going to pass the National Sunday Law, which would require all who live here to attend a church service of their choice on Sunday morning? Um Bill Clinton tried that in the 90's, or at least they drew it up, called it the Blue law I think, I'll check it out. Saw a book on it.

But seriously, here are just a few things off the top of my head, on Santorum.
1. brings faith to the office (look at the good attributes of the Christian faith, and what good it's done over the years for families, and the poor, and more)
2. brings integrity (illustrated by his willingness to be transparent when asked about voting record. Didn't dodge it, owned up, admitted mistakes and moved on.)
3. Passionately loves this country
4. Passionately believes we are moving in the wrong direction

What do we have?
1. a wolf in sheeps clothing
2. passionately hates what we stand for as a country
3. passionately hates the Constitution because it restricts his hope and change
4. surrounds himself with criminals and enemies of the state.
5. lies more than a turkish rug store
6. placates our enemies
7. bankrupts our country and ricochets the blame on the previous administration, when it's ALL HIS.
and I could go on.

What you're asking us is "Why wouldn't you want GWB II, but possibly worse!?!?" You do realize that, right?

March 8th, 2012, 2:40 pm
Modmin Dude

wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
For me, its a FREEDOM issue. Pure and simple.
So you're against all "new" laws that restrict Freedom? Like Obamacare?
Yep. Is there something I said/wrote that would lead you to think otherwise? And it doesn't have to be a "new" law either; if it restricts the Freedom outlined in the Constitution, then chances are I would be against it.
As a sidenote, there may be laws that might restrict Freedom(s) that I personally might favor, however if it goes against the Constitution then they should not be law.

March 8th, 2012, 3:57 pm
TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
For me, its a FREEDOM issue. Pure and simple.
So you're against all "new" laws that restrict Freedom? Like Obamacare?
Yep. Is there something I said/wrote that would lead you to think otherwise? And it doesn't have to be a "new" law either; if it restricts the Freedom outlined in the Constitution, then chances are I would be against it.
As a sidenote, there may be laws that might restrict Freedom(s) that I personally might favor, however if it goes against the Constitution then they should not be law.

I wasn't being snide, I was just asking a question. I just find it odd that you couched so much of your argument in terms of "religion" when you're opposed to all or most "new" laws that restrict freedom. Do you also oppose the seatbelt laws, helmet laws, and the drinking age as well (in most countries it's 18, or 19... I think we're the only 21 country on the planet)?

Your constitutional test is tough... There really aren't many specific "freedoms" granted by the Constitution, and the "freedoms" read into the document are arbitrary at best (right to privacy... to what extent, etc.)...

March 8th, 2012, 4:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next