HARD HITTING DETROIT LIONS FORUM
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/

Thoughts on Santorum
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15548
Page 15 of 16

Author:  Pablo [ April 4th, 2012, 11:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Thoughts on Santorum

Santorum better win his home state of Penn or he is toast. Romney now has over half the delegates he needs with 655, to just 278 for Santorum (Gingrich = 135, Paul = 51). 1144 needed to win.

Author:  wjb21ndtown [ April 4th, 2012, 1:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Thoughts on Santorum

Pablo wrote:
Santorum better win his home state of Penn or he is toast. Romney now has over half the delegates he needs with 655, to just 278 for Santorum (Gingrich = 135, Paul = 51). 1144 needed to win.


I agree, but I will also add: The Texas primary is going to mean a ton. If Newt can win it out-right as was predicted months ago, it's going to be a new race.

Author:  Touchdown Jesus [ April 4th, 2012, 3:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Thoughts on Santorum

wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Santorum better win his home state of Penn or he is toast. Romney now has over half the delegates he needs with 655, to just 278 for Santorum (Gingrich = 135, Paul = 51). 1144 needed to win.


I agree, but I will also add: The Texas primary is going to mean a ton. If Newt can win it out-right as was predicted months ago, it's going to be a new race.

How would it be a new race? Even if he won every delegate (which is impossible since it's a proportional allocation), he still wouldn't even have half as many delegates as Romney. It would pretty much only tie him with Santorum, who is way behind Romney.

Newt has no chance. None.

Author:  wjb21ndtown [ April 4th, 2012, 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Thoughts on Santorum

Touchdown Jesus wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Santorum better win his home state of Penn or he is toast. Romney now has over half the delegates he needs with 655, to just 278 for Santorum (Gingrich = 135, Paul = 51). 1144 needed to win.


I agree, but I will also add: The Texas primary is going to mean a ton. If Newt can win it out-right as was predicted months ago, it's going to be a new race.

How would it be a new race? Even if he won every delegate (which is impossible since it's a proportional allocation), he still wouldn't even have half as many delegates as Romney. It would pretty much only tie him with Santorum, who is way behind Romney.

Newt has no chance. None.



There are still about 20 states left, with almost 1/2 the delegates outstanding. It would be a "new race" because it would be unlikely that Romney could get the requisite number of delegates before the convention. That's all we need... We need ONE candidate to "gain momentum" and take this thing to the convention and perhaps ONE new candidate to step up and throw their name into the race.

Anyone but Romney should be the message from here on out.

Author:  Blueskies [ April 4th, 2012, 8:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Thoughts on Santorum

The message should be Rubio '16

Author:  wjb21ndtown [ April 5th, 2012, 2:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Thoughts on Santorum

Blueskies wrote:
The message should be Rubio '16


Unfortunately, I honestly believe it will be too late by then... You're talking another $6 trillion, minimal, added onto the national debt. We can't afford 4 more years, but the general public doesn't get it.

Author:  TheRealWags [ April 10th, 2012, 11:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Thoughts on Santorum

Quote:
Unfortunately, I honestly believe it will be too late by then... You're talking another $6 trillion, minimal, added onto the national debt. We can't afford 4 more years, but the general public doesn't get it.
Hmm, I wonder how many times in history this has been said. I would guess that it is probably one of the most frequent thoughts when it comes to politics...

Author:  LionFan57 [ April 10th, 2012, 12:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Thoughts on Santorum

TheRealWags wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Unfortunately, I honestly believe it will be too late by then... You're talking another $6 trillion, minimal, added onto the national debt. We can't afford 4 more years, but the general public doesn't get it.
Hmm, I wonder how many times in history this has been said. I would guess that it is probably one of the most frequent thoughts when it comes to politics...


Wags I'm 100% with wjb on this!! I see your point that this has been said before but this President will absolutely destroy this country if he's given another 4 years. You will see an unimaginable financial collapse as well as the entire culture of our nation continue to change.

This is by far the most important election of our lifetime!

Author:  WarEr4Christ [ April 10th, 2012, 1:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Thoughts on Santorum

Has any previous President created such flagrant division within this country? Clinton was hated by many, but didn't even approach the level of contempt for the Constitution and Rights that Barak has. As a Citizen and Veteran of this country, it pains me to see it in the worst way, but as a Born Again Christian, I realize that all of this has to happen in order for events to play out as they must.

What really troubles my heart is the deception that has filled the minds and hearts of the under educated. I agree that I've said some outlandish things in my time here, and believe still more, but I also pay attention to facts. Too many people in this nation demand that life be given to them without working to get it. The 99% are deceived into thinking the 1% are robbing us all. Even a very little bit of research would show that the Communist (failed by the way) of Russia, was geared towards the leadership having it all, and the populace waiting in long lines for mediocre sustenance at best... At we think that the very same government that makes everything "middle of the road" in order to be fair, is going to ensure that everyone gets the best? Not hardly.

There is only one way this goes better, and that's if we get out of this criminal paradigm shift that BO is forcing upon us, and get a leader with honesty and integrity. That is why I thought Santorum would be the best candidate. He is PASSIONATE about the US, PASSIONATE about Integrity and standards, and has owned up to his past mistakes, admitting them and moving on. Romney hides his money off shore, and is a re-tread of the normal Republican, and Newt was the MAD SCIENTIST with some shady back ground (who I'd vote for too btw). Ron Paul, is too far out of reality in terms of leading a nation in a world of nations, to fully grasp our responsibilities on the world stage.

Barak is driving us into the arms of the UN, and forcing a nation to surrender it's sovereignty in order to be a part of the global community.

Author:  Pablo [ April 10th, 2012, 1:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Thoughts on Santorum

WarEr4Christ wrote:
What really troubles my heart is the deception that has filled the minds and hearts of the under educated.


Are we talking religion or politics? :wink:

Author:  thelomasbrowns [ April 10th, 2012, 2:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Thoughts on Santorum

He's out.

Author:  Pablo [ April 10th, 2012, 2:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Thoughts on Santorum

thelomasbrowns wrote:
He's out.


Not surprising, even the evangelicals were all calling for him to drop out of the race. Wonder if Romney offered Santorum anything?

Author:  njroar [ April 10th, 2012, 2:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Thoughts on Santorum

Pablo wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
He's out.


Not surprising, even the evangelicals were all calling for him to drop out of the race. Wonder if Romney offered Santorum anything?


Not sure, but this had to happen for Santorum. Losing your home state twice in 4 years would have permanently ended his political career. I still think there are stronger candidates that will run in the future like Rubio and Christie, but if he wanted even a chance, he had to drop out now to save face.

Author:  wjb21ndtown [ April 10th, 2012, 4:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Thoughts on Santorum

I hope Newt ends up with Santorum's delegates and stays in it until the end. That said, HIS CAMP is suggesting a temporary hiatus, while the MEDIA is suggesting that he's dropping out... There seems to be a bit of a disconnect somewhere, but he isn't denouncing the "dropping out," so maybe it's true?

Author:  njroar [ April 10th, 2012, 6:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Thoughts on Santorum

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I hope Newt ends up with Santorum's delegates and stays in it until the end. That said, HIS CAMP is suggesting a temporary hiatus, while the MEDIA is suggesting that he's dropping out... There seems to be a bit of a disconnect somewhere, but he isn't denouncing the "dropping out," so maybe it's true?


Newt's camp? He's visiting some places, but most of his campaign has been fired or quit. His money man said he's reached the end of the line. Santorum was asking donors to help pay off his debt, so he's definitely out of it. His money man just joined Romney. All of Santorum's delegates are free to choose who they want, unless the % rule change for breaking the early date rule just give Romney a bigger %. He'd end up going over 50% in most of them which would then give him all of the delegates instead of proportional. That rule change this year is the only thing that throws it into question.

Page 15 of 16 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/