View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 2:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 More Ron Paul Info.... 
Modmin Dude

Post More Ron Paul Info....
ABC News wrote:
Feb 20, 2012 8:19pm
Veterans for Ron Paul Rally at White House
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Current and former service members staged a rally outside the White House today in support of Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul.

Several hundred troops and their supporters attended the event. The veterans were men and women, young and old, some in uniform and some in plain clothes.

The demonstration was a mostly silent affair, with the veterans standing calmly at attention in rows. An organizer bellowed that each second of quiet was for every military suicide since President Obama took office. A second moment of silence was for each soldier to die abroad under the current commander in chief.

One protester held a sign reading “Don’t let anybody make you think that God chose America to be a policeman of the whole world.” The line was paraphrased from remarks by Dr. Martin Luther King regarding the Vietnam War.

There were few picket signs, but some tea party symbols were present.

The event concluded with an organizer parading the procession away, complete with color guard.

Ron Paul shares an unusually high percentage of supporters in the military compared to the other candidates and it shows in his campaign funding. The Center for Responsible Politics reports the candidate touted more than $95,000 between September 2011 and January in individual donations from current and former members of the military, higher than any other candidate. Obama comes in second at roughly $72,000.

It is an attribute the libertarian lawmaker is quick to highlight on the campaign trail.

As a former Air Force flight surgeon, he is the only former serviceman campaigning for president.

***UPDATE: A previous version of this blog post incorrectly listed the number of attendees at the event. ABC News regrets the error.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... ite-house/

If you support our troops, then perhaps you could give Ron Paul a serious look as they back him more than any other candidate.

February 21st, 2012, 10:29 am
Modmin Dude

Post Re: More Ron Paul Info....
Updated the thread title to consolidate some Ron Paul info...

HuffPo wrote:
Ron Paul: 'Hemp Is A Good Product'

BISMARCK, N.D. -- Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul praised hemp as an alternative crop and said a free-market approach would protect the nation's environment Monday during North Dakota campaign stops that drew hundreds of cheering supporters.

North Dakota, which is holding Republican presidential caucuses March 6, is one of 13 states with a caucus or primary from Feb. 28 to March 6. North Dakota has 28 delegates to the Republican National Convention in August, although the caucus results will not dictate how any of them vote.

Paul campaigned in Williston, Dickinson, Jamestown and Bismarck on Sunday and Monday, following rival Rick Santorum's swing through Fargo, on the Minnesota border, and the northwestern oil-country town of Tioga last week.

In Jamestown, about 100 miles east of Bismarck, Paul was critical of the federal government's ban on the cultivation of industrial hemp, a crop that is related to marijuana but does not have its mind-affecting properties.

Industrial hemp is grown in neighboring Canada and other countries, where it is used to make paper, lotions, clothing and biofuels.

North Dakota's Legislature and Agriculture Department have pushed allowing hemp to be grown in the state. A state lawmaker who wanted to cultivate the crop filed an unsuccessful lawsuit against the Drug Enforcement Administration, seeking a declaration that doing so would be legal.

"There is no reason, in a free society, that farmers shouldn't be allowed to raise hemp," Paul said during a Jamestown appearance that drew about 300 people. "Hemp is a good product."

In Bismarck, where the Republican congressman spoke to about 1,200 people Monday night in the gymnasium of a private Christian school, Paul said enforcement of private property rights would be sufficient to protect citizens against pollution, rather than relying on the federal Environmental Protection Agency.

"The more socialized a system is, the worse the property is, and the worse the environment is," Paul said. "We should never be bashful about saying we believe in property rights ... and we don't have to give one inch and say that we're careless with the environment, because you don't have a right to pollute your neighbor's property."

In North Dakota's Republican presidential caucuses in 2008, Paul finished third behind Mitt Romney and John McCain, getting 21 percent of the almost 9,800 votes case.

Duane Sattler, of Richardton, was one of the sign-carrying Paul supporters who attended his Bismarck speech. His son, 13-year-old Shawn Sattler, sat nearby, waving an American flag.

"He's been standing alone a lot of times," Sattler said of Paul. "He votes for our personal freedoms, for sound money, and for less government and less taxes."

He became a Paul supporter during his presidential run in 2008, Sattler said. "I really went and did some research, and the deeper I dug, the more I liked the man," he said. "With the other candidates, the deeper I dug, the less I liked them."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/2 ... 90499.html

February 21st, 2012, 12:49 pm
Modmin Dude

Quote:
LETTER: Paul has military background to help him as president

As early voting gets underway and leads us into Super Tuesday, I want to take few moments to ask for your support for Ron Paul. Clarksville has a storied tradition of supporting the men and women of Fort Campbell. This election should keep that tradition alive. Of the candidates for U.S. president in this year’s election, only one is a military veteran.

Ron Paul is the only candidate that has received more support from military service members than even the current sitting president. Ron Paul stands above the other candidates on his record of service to our country and the only candidate with such a large amount of support from military personnel. Ron Paul believes that our nation’s defense is the greatest responsibility the Constitution gives to our government.

While in Congress, Ron Paul voted to authorize military force to hunt down Osama bin Laden and authored legislation that targeted terrorist leaders. President Paul will make securing our borders the top national security priority, follow the Constitution by asking Congress to declare war before one is waged, only send our military into conflict with a clear mission and all the tools they need – and then bring them home when the job is done, and ensure our veterans receive the benefits they have earned. President Ron Paul’s national defense policy will ensure that this great nation is strong, and secure.

I have been active in promoting Ron Paul in Clarksville for nearly a year, and I have met countless service members who support Ron Paul. The ones with the “skin in the game” support him. I ask that you do the same.

DAVID BROCKMAN

Clarksville 37040

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article ... /302210031

February 21st, 2012, 1:16 pm
Modmin Dude

Quote:
Ron Paul: Judge Napolitano As Running Mate

Texas Congressman Ron Paul has said FOX News commentator and former New Jersey Superior Court Judge Andrew Napolitano is at the top of his list of possible running mates, should the presidential hopeful become the Republican nominee.

“One time somebody asked me who I’d have to consider and the name Judge Napolitano jumps right out at me,” Congressman Paul recently said at a town hall meeting when asked about who he was thinking about as a running mate. The audience showed their overwhelming approval by bursting out in cheers and applause at the mention of Napolitano’s name.

Congressman Paul continued. “But when you think about the danger of mentioning one or two, your not going to mention others who are certainly qualified.” he said. “That’s a great story, you know, the fact that there are a lot of people now well know and well educated who know the issues and would do a very good job.”

FOX News recently cancelled Judge Napolitano’s Freedom Watch, without any warning. Although a widely popular show, FOX executives cited “low ratings” as the reason for its cancellation. Conspiracy theorists have noted the show disclosed facts about FBI setups and warmongering intrigues on the part of the U.S. establishment, including exposés on the FBI gun-running program Fast and Furious, and Napolitano’s own questioning of the official story of 9/11.

Others touted as possible running mates for Congressman Paul are former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura, who has publicly said he would like the position on the condition that it is a third party candidacy; former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson, who ended his own campaign for the GOP nomination and is now running for the Libertarian Party nod; and far-left congressman Dennis Kucinich, who shares the Republican’s views on the War on Terror and other civil libertarian issues.

Before he can choose a running mate, Congressman Paul must first win the Republican nomination, which looks increasingly to be a long shot. The candidate has yet to win any state primary or caucus, although his campaign claims to have garnered the most delegates so far.

http://www.therightperspective.org/2012 ... ning-mate/

February 21st, 2012, 1:17 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Ron Paul would be a good candidate in another era. The world isn't ready for a libertarian view right now, and a lot of that is the pushback from what Obama's done while in office. Its the reason for Santorum's rise. When the government is intervening in moral decisions, the populace will favor someone that holds a view that's on a moral high ground, even if its over the top and unrealistic. The point that its the opposite stance is what matters, not how crazy some think it is. Paul's government out of both fiscal and social issues view lines up with liberal views and right now, that view won't get him any votes.

Religion still plays a major part in a large section of this countries lives, and whenever that is attacked in any way, it strengthens their views. Just as we've debated back and forth on this board about the reasons for the financial issues and the downsides of the two party system, etc... there are many that look at the issue as a plain drop in morals as the reasons for the shape we are in. Obama wasn't wrong when he said that people hold on to their guns and their religion. Paul has always been to the left on the social issues and that's why he's always not been the top candidate. He started to get some ground prior to the contraception push by Obama and after that he's completely dropped to the bottom of all polls.

February 21st, 2012, 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]