View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 5:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Entertainers & Politicians & they're effect on donations 
Varsity Captain

Post Entertainers & Politicians & they're effect on donations
I've thought about this often over the last few years. The Hollywood crowds, big time rockers and country, Hip Hopand the latest boy bands. The Washington insiders think nothing about paying $40,000 a plate for political fund raisers. Obama can raise more than $40,000,000 in a single month for his re-election campaign but can't find the money to help the homeless, hungry, unemployed and under educated.

You get 50 to 100 of the upper crust together and brag that you were able to raise $75,000 through the generousity of your guests. Get their pocket change that these folks are carryering and you could easily triple the $75,000 that they offered initially.

We give Pakistan millions of dollars every year, just to have them pretend to be our allies and then pay them millions of dollars a day for the right to use their land to resupply our troops. I'd like to hear what problems that you see with this.

May 31st, 2012, 12:44 am
QB Coach

Yet in contrast, one of the main supporters behind Santorum had a fund raiser in which he and his wife were going to donate $75,000 to one particular charity of the 100 guests they'd invited to this huge dinner. Instead of naming the winning guest, he asked that the guest with the winning amount please stand up. All 100 stood up, because he and his wife had donated 7.5 million dollars to the 100 charities.

Meanwhile: BO surrounds himself with ayers, soros, emmanuel, biden, and many others who talk a good game, but are empty vessels.

It just goest to show you the character of people, and that's what we're describing here, not youth. Character is what you are when you are alone and think no one is watching. It's developed not purchased, nor inherited. Only you and God know the truth.

I'd like to see Schwartz and Co. start doing some character building generally through sweat, tears, and pain, and run that in accordance with Football character.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 31st, 2012, 8:14 am
Modmin Dude

Brought over from the
Let me know if there is a more apt title and I'll update it.

Enjoy fellas! 8)

May 31st, 2012, 2:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]