View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 7:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The War of Gog and Magog...Revisited. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post The War of Gog and Magog...Revisited.
This first post, ( in this thread ), is a re-post of the original. It is worth re-reading for those who have read it before. For those who haven't read it before, I hope I help it to make sense to you. I will comment further in the second post in this thread.

I will not give a date. But, we can know the season. Also, DO NOT confuse this with Armagedon. This is not Armagedon. Most bible scholars believe this war will take place shortly before the rapture of the church. This attack will usher in the rise of the Anti-Christ who will then sign a 7 year peace treaty with Israel ( Biblicaly known as the covenant with death.) The moment the treaty is signed starts the clock on the final 7 years of world history.

Please take the time to read the following scripture and after I explain it, I will show you the time frame we should be looking at.

Quote:
Ezekiel 38

1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 "Son of man, set your face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him 3 and say, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal; 4 and I will turn you about, and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you forth, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in full armor, a great company, all of them with buckler and shield, wielding swords; 5 Persia, Cush, and Put are with them, all of them with shield and helmet; 6 Gomer and all his hordes; Beth-togar'mah from the uttermost parts of the north with all his hordes--many peoples are with you. 7 "Be ready and keep ready, you and all the hosts that are assembled about you, and be a guard for them. 8 After many days you will be mustered; in the latter years you will go against the land that is restored from war, the land where people were gathered from many nations upon the mountains of Israel, which had been a continual waste; its people were brought out from the nations and now dwell securely, all of them. 9 You will advance, coming on like a storm, you will be like a cloud covering the land you and all your hordes, and many peoples with you. 10 "Thus says the Lord GOD: On that day thoughts will come into your mind, and you will devise an evil scheme 11 and say, 'I will go up against the land of unwalled villages; I will fall upon the quiet people who dwell securely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having no bars or gates'; 12 to seize spoil and carry off plunder; to assail the waste places which are now inhabited, and the people who were gathered from the nations, who have gotten cattle and goods, who dwell at the center of the earth. 13 Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all its villages will say to you, 'Have you come to seize spoil? Have you assembled your hosts to carry off plunder, to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to seize great spoil?' 14 "Therefore, son of man, prophesy, and say to Gog, Thus says the Lord GOD: On that day when my people Israel are dwelling securely, you will bestir yourself 15 and come from your place out of the uttermost parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great host, a mighty army; 16 you will come up against my people Israel, like a cloud covering the land. In the latter days I will bring you against my land, that the nations may know me, when through you, O Gog, I vindicate my holiness before their eyes. 17 "Thus says the Lord GOD: Are you he of whom I spoke in former days by my servants the prophets of Israel, who in those days prophesied for years that I would bring you against them? 18 But on that day, when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, says the Lord GOD, my wrath will be roused. 19 For in my jealousy and in my blazing wrath I declare, On that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel; 20 the fish of the sea, and the birds of the air, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep on the ground, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall quake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the cliffs shall fall, and every wall shall tumble to the ground. 21 I will summon every kind of terror against Gog, says the Lord GOD; every man's sword will be against his brother. 22 With pestilence and bloodshed I will enter into judgment with him; and I will rain upon him and his hordes and the many peoples that are with him, torrential rains and hailstones, fire and brimstone. 23 So I will show my greatness and my holiness and make myself known in the eyes of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.

In short, the following nations, will attack Israel all at once, with every ounce of military force they have. No nation will come to Israel's defense. And GOD himself will step in and defend Israel. Not 1 Israeli will die in this attack. But, the attacking armies will be totally and utterly destroyed to the point that their nations cease to exist.

Here is a website with the invasion laid out on a map. It has the ancient names of the nations and the current names. ( However, I think they have Gomer wrong - I have always been taught that Gomer is Germany and France. )

ANCIENT NAME MODERN NATION
Rosh (ancient Sarmatians known as Rashu,Rasapu,Ros and Rus) RUSSIA
Magog (ancient Scythians) Central Asia (Islamic southern republics of the former Soviet Union with a population of 60 million Muslims)
Meshech (ancient Muschki and Musku in Cilicia and Cappadocia) Turkey
Tubal (ancient Tubalu in Cappadocia) Turkey
Persia (name changed to Iran in 1935) Iran
Ethiopia (ancient Cush,south of Egypt) Sudan
Libya (ancient Put,west of Egypt) Libya
Gomer (ancient Cimmerians from seventh century to first century B.C. in central/western Anatolia Turkey
Beth-Togarmah (Tilgarimmu between ancien Carchemish and Haran) Turkey

Here is a little more information of where these nations originated from.

Quote:
Genesis 10

1 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood. 2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. 3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah. 4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim. 5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations. 6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan. 7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtechah: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan. 8 And Cush begat Nimrod:

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?56979-Chart-of-Nations-to-invade-Israel-and-Map-of-Invasion

When can we expect this to take place?

Quote:
Mathew 24:
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

In the parable, Israel is the fig tree. It's branch yet tender means that it is still young as a nation since it ,Putteth forth leaves, ( Came to be under it's own authority. ). The Generation that saw this was the World War 2 generation when, on May 28, 1948, Israel became it's own nation after nearly 2000 years of not being a nation.

There are not very many left from the WW2 generation. It's going to happen soon. When you see this attack happen, Remember this thread. And see that it was prophesied to happen almost 4000 years ago. The Parable of the fig tree tells you when the season that it will happen is. And then realize the bible is right and GOD is real. And drop to your knees if you aren't saved, and pray for your salvation. You won't want to be left behind to face what comes next. We are coming down to hammer time folks. I think GOD set up the war of Gog and Magog to serve as 1 last warning to the unsaved. So, that many would believe in him and receive salvation just before the rapture. Let it be so.

June 24th, 2012, 8:33 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: The War of Gog and Magog...Revisited.
I originally, posted the above post roughly about a year and a half ago. Since then, so many things have happened around the world that just keeps pointing toward this becoming a reality very soon.

Egypt has finally, officially been converted to a Muslim Brotherhood Nation. Libya has been overthrown. Syria is in chaos and on the verge of revolution. The same with Iran. All over the world, antisemitism is rising rapidly. And just as rapidly, economies are collapsing. The overall level of unrest around the world is at unprecedented levels.

On top of all this, Iran is very close to creating it's own Nuclear Bombs and the world is pretty much sitting around yelling, "You better not do it, or we will warn you with even more stern of a warning." To which, Iran just laughs at the world and continues on.

Israel can not let Iran have nuclear weapons. They know that Iran WILL USE THEM ON THEM !

I have come to believe that the War of Gog and Magog will be the reaction to Israel bombing Iran's nuclear facilities and destroying Iran's nuclear progress.

With antisemitism on the rise, Israel has fewer friends around the world today then they have ever had. What few friends they have left, will be enraged by Israel bombing Iran. So, they will stand back and watch as the War of Gog and Magog unfolds.

With the world's economies on the brink of collapse, the nations involved will be spurned into action before all their assets disappear.

Up to this point in Israel's history since it was re-established as a nation, their biggest ally has been that the Arab world has been ruled by a bunch of independent dictators, and as such, did not get along with each other. Much less, trust each other. The Muslim Brotherhood, has changed/is changing, all that.

Buckle your seat belts. The world is about to go on a bumpy ride real soon.

June 24th, 2012, 9:04 pm
Varsity 1st Team

So....what if it doesn't go down like this?

Frok

June 24th, 2012, 10:28 pm
QB Coach

What has not been mentioned is a mutual defense treaty between Russia and Iran. If Iran is attacked, Russia is supposed to respond in her defense. This is what is empowering Iran to run around like a weak little bully, with an ace card in it's back pocket. Israel, as you said, will not be able to allow Iran to bring the nukes to bear and will reach a D day moment where they must act, regardless of world sentiment. This could be why Israel is isolated from the world, but that's a guess.

However, Scripture was pretty clear about the Bear being pulled down from the North, and I've also heard of a prophecy from Scripture of a arm and a sling rising out of Israel to knock the Bear down, killing it like Goliath. I can't remember where I read that one though.

The difficulty with prophecy is the language, because as I alluded to in another thread, the Western mind thinks analytically I believe it is, where as the Jewish mind is more relative (this may not be the word Dr. Ray Vanderlaan uses) but the language poses a problem. Because one word can have several meanings in Hebrew or Aramaic, that do not exist or have been mistranslated in Western languages. So this provides for some confusion and "discrepancies." In order to understand, one needs to do a substantial cross reference from Hebrew to Greek, to English in our case. We can get an overall picture, but I'm not sure if it will be detailed like you mention Frok.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

June 24th, 2012, 11:03 pm
Hall of Fame Player

frok wrote:
So....what if it doesn't go down like this?

Frok

It will go down exactly as the bible predicts it will go down.

My suspicions of what will cause it? I may be wrong. The Bible won't be. All I can do is read what the Bible says will happen and watch as world events unfold. Why can I expect this to happen in our lifetimes? Because throughout world history, there has never been a time when virtually every element of the scenario has been in place, all at the same time, like it is right now.

June 24th, 2012, 11:39 pm
Hall of Fame Player

WarEr4Christ wrote:
and I've also heard of a prophecy from Scripture of a arm and a sling rising out of Israel to knock the Bear down, killing it like Goliath. I can't remember where I read that one though.

I have read the bible from cover to cover. I can assure you, you did not read that in the Bible. Sounds to me that someone made that up and wrote it in some article or blog that you read. A lot like what gets done with Nostradamus. That poor man has prophesied a gazillion prophecies that he never prophesied.

June 24th, 2012, 11:45 pm
QB Coach

Billy,

You are correct, it was not a Scriptured prophecy, I went to bed thinking about this, and it comes from the "vision" of a pastor who spoke of the economic collapse, and the wtc's of 9/11. This was back in the early 90's but it wasn't exact word for word.

My brother and I did some re-texturing of the church walls and had much conversation with this Pastor, and it was through those conversations that we got a taped from him that explained an evening in prayer that led to his "vision."

It was quite interestig to hear, but I didn't give it much thought.... I am not one to start chasing prophecies unless they come from the Bible, and even then I don't chase them, as much as read them and watch.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

June 25th, 2012, 10:02 am
QB Coach

One thing I do need to say is, for those countries foolish enough to attack Israel, they had better watch out! Israel is a vicious country of the likes we do not know, and when threatened they will unleash all at their disposal to get the job done.

Rumor has it that during the 6 day war, they had special operators calling Egyptian pilots advising them that their families were in danger and to relocate them, thuse leaving Egypts Air Force on the ground, to be destroyed by Israeli Air. I wasn't there, so I can't confirm it, but it's one of the stories I've heard.

But there are also many stories of God's intervention on behalf of Israel during that time too. But this time will be much more different and more lethal to those against Israel.

June 25th, 2012, 10:06 am
Hall of Fame Player

WarEr4Christ wrote:
One thing I do need to say is, for those countries foolish enough to attack Israel, they had better watch out! Israel is a vicious country of the likes we do not know, and when threatened they will unleash all at their disposal to get the job done.

Rumor has it that during the 6 day war, they had special operators calling Egyptian pilots advising them that their families were in danger and to relocate them, thuse leaving Egypts Air Force on the ground, to be destroyed by Israeli Air. I wasn't there, so I can't confirm it, but it's one of the stories I've heard.

But there are also many stories of God's intervention on behalf of Israel during that time too. But this time will be much more different and more lethal to those against Israel.

In the war of Gog and Magog,(also known as Ezekiel's War), Israel will not fire a single shot in it's own defense. God will step in and utterly destroy the attacking forces. Not 1 single attacker will escape alive.

June 25th, 2012, 2:05 pm
RIP Killer

Let me start off by saying I believe in God and Christ.

However, I have to wonder out loud...why would God save Israel from attack by several countries at once, but He chooses not to save them from individual suicide bombers? They have wrought near as much devastation in that country as any war could.

June 25th, 2012, 3:40 pm
QB Coach

My understanding is that although God made Earth, and man who walks upon it, it is not his kingdom. So the suicide bombers, terrorists, Sandusky's of this world have free reign via sin. Whatever sin we commit, is still considered sin but is not graduated or measured on a scale. That is why Christ's sacrifice was so important. We, as humans, can never be good enough to escape sin. Sin is sin, and carries a penalty of death.

In returning to your point, a person who chooses to put on a vest and destroy himself and others in the name of his god, is committing murder, especially in the sense of innocent lives lost. What is interesting is that this is a war between brothers, Ishmael, and Israel. They have hated each other for centuries, and both claim rights to the land, and heritage, but one was favored and one was not.

So God does not interfere with the goings on, as in stop things from happening, but he does use things that happen for his plan. It doesn't make sense, but it's also hard for us to see the whole picture of eternity from our limited eyesight of 70+ years. Hope that helps a little.

June 25th, 2012, 3:58 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

I'm curious... Is there anything that could happen (new discoveries in science or history perhaps) to make you guys reconsider your beliefs?

June 25th, 2012, 4:01 pm
Hall of Fame Player

m2karateman wrote:
Let me start off by saying I believe in God and Christ.

However, I have to wonder out loud...why would God save Israel from attack by several countries at once, but He chooses not to save them from individual suicide bombers? They have wrought near as much devastation in that country as any war could.

Because suicide bombers are individuals acting upon their free will to do evil. If GOD were to stop them, then they would not really have free will.

I believe the only reason GOD will intervene in the War of Gog and Magog is to serve notice that his written word, ( The Bible ), is true. And it will also be a final wake up call to all who will believe in Jesus and repent of their sins. This event, (IMHO), is the last prophecy to be fulfilled prior to the rapture. It is also worth noting that it is just 1 more proof that GOD loves us so much and is not willing that anyone should perish, that he gives everyone 1 more amazing proof of his existence.

June 25th, 2012, 4:30 pm
RIP Killer

Murtyle wrote:
I'm curious... Is there anything that could happen (new discoveries in science or history perhaps) to make you guys reconsider your beliefs?

They don't reconsider, they simply reframe their beliefs or interpretation of the Bible - it is the only way for faith to survive any scrutiny. They also won't put timeframes on anything, by design.

BillySims wrote:
It is also worth noting that it is just 1 more proof that GOD loves us so much and is not willing that anyone should perish,

Yet he lets people, by the tens of thousands, perish every day. So I guess GOD doesn't love us very much if this is the measure we are going by?

BillySims wrote:
that he gives everyone 1 more amazing proof of his existence.

You mean first amazing proof, at least in 2000+ years! :twisted:

June 25th, 2012, 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Murtyle: speaking for myself, my answer is NO, emphatically so. The reason why is that you are asking me if there is a science or a discovery that could proove something different that what I already know.

First: science is a creation of man as a way to discover and explain his surroundings

Second: God is Spirit, and my relationship can only be described through experience. I can not fully, or completely tell you with any accuracy, what it is like to have a relationshp with the Lord, but I can assure you that it is amazing. I'm not talking pie in the sky, let's sit around the fire man and just love one another; I'm talking a real, vibrant relationship.

Third: Anyone has access, they just need to take the first step in belief, and invite Jesus in. Pretty simple. But for my science and discovery brothers who demand proof, I am very afraid that they will get there wish, and will be standing before God and seeing that He truly does exist, but at that same time they will be standing before him as judge, and it will be too late.

Billy: Thank you for your comment you stated that better than I did!

June 25th, 2012, 5:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next