View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 3:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies 
Modmin Dude

Post Re: Right-wing radio: Romney loses, GOP dies
slybri19 wrote:
It's ironic that the idiot supporting the raping, vandalizing, Ocuppy movement is insisting that someone else retain class. I really couldn't laugh harder at your ignorance. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Care to provide any proof whatsoever that I supported any raping or vandalizing? Go ahead, there's a 'Search' function for the forum.....I'll wait...............

September 17th, 2012, 12:32 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Sly, you DO realize he's more of a libertarian/ ron paul supporter than an Obama supporter right?

I love your pasion bro, but it does you not good if it makes you so angry that it causes you to jump to rash conclussions. And for whats it's worth, Obama, Romney, Bush, Reagan, Nixon.....it doesn't matter who is president, if we can't at least TRY to understand one another this country will never work...No matter who is in charge.

September 17th, 2012, 12:42 pm
Walk On

Bottom line is that the Democrats own the center. And as the Republicans move farther right - including embracing extremists to do so - they are marginalizing themselves. They know it - but they can't help themselves, because they've made a deal with the Devil (the religious right, zealot teapartiers) to commit to uncompromising approach to politics. There is no way that will ever work with the center, unless there is a new war that can scare people into it. Fortunately, Obama won't start a war.

States will vote for Republican Governors, because they don't have to commit to he far-right wackos... they can act more like my Dad's Republican Party (which is why I like Snyder). But for President? The Dems own the center, which is where Presidents come from.

September 17th, 2012, 1:22 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

I think Sly is that "useful idiot" he keeps talking about. Certainly hurling personal insults when your goal (or so you claim) is to influence seems pretty idiotic.

Can we please just ban him? He's now a troll in the worst sense of the world, waltzing here just to hurl insults and then leave.

September 17th, 2012, 6:27 pm
3rd Round Selection

Nah, don't ban him. It's much more fun to laugh at him. Just look at the exchange with Wags: he's run out of arguments and all he has left is bitterness and emoticons.

September 18th, 2012, 6:00 am
RIP Killer

Sly, I consider myself a Republican, and very much a conservative. Not every thing the GOP does is to my tastes, but for the most part, I believe in their general ideals.

You, however, give the party a bad name. You are like a Christian that claims to be "holier than thou" while porking his neighbors wife and flipping off people in the church parking lot.

You aren't a stupid person, this I know. So instead of launching personal attack after personal attack on someone, back up your arguments with some data, with some facts, and with some common sense. Anything else just gets you lampooned and laughed at.

Really....it's time for you to get a grip and start acting with some restraint.

September 18th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The GOP is dying because their standard bearer for this election (and other leaders too, I'm sure) has written off 47% of America.

September 19th, 2012, 12:27 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

thelomasbrowns wrote:
The GOP is dying because their standard bearer for this election (and other leaders too, I'm sure) has written off 47% of America.

This.

NEVER GIVE UP!

September 19th, 2012, 12:31 pm

LionsFan4Life wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

This.

This is one of those lines that used out of context make it sound much worse than it is. I guess Obama has written off that same 47% because BOTH are campaigning in the same 5 states. They don't travel the country because the swing states are what matters. The bases always vote for their parties. You can campaign the hell out of a state that you're opponent is going to win, and all you've done is waste resources.

If the headlines read... "Obama has written off texas," what do you think the reaction would be? You think he's spending his time there besides a complimentary visit?

Btw, what have the polls had Obama at? 47%? *scratches head*

September 19th, 2012, 1:56 pm
RIP Killer

thelomasbrowns wrote:

How did he "write off" 47% of America? Because he made a statement that was true? Because that 47% can't handle the truth?

The GOP isn't dying, but it is becoming fractured. But the same can be said of Democrats as well.

September 19th, 2012, 2:16 pm
Modmin Dude

njroar wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
This.
This is one of those lines that used out of context make it sound much worse than it is. I guess Obama has written off that same 47% because BOTH are campaigning in the same 5 states. They don't travel the country because the swing states are what matters. The bases always vote for their parties. You can campaign the hell out of a state that you're opponent is going to win, and all you've done is waste resources.

If the headlines read... "Obama has written off texas," what do you think the reaction would be? You think he's spending his time there besides a complimentary visit?

Btw, what have the polls had Obama at? 47%? *scratches head*
With all due respect, is this really any different than what the Reps were doing with Obama's "You didn't build that" statement? IMO, not really..in fact this one could be worse as it make Romney sound as if he's immediately discounting almost half of the US population. Not a good idea IMO. That said, at this point I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as I have not seen the entire video or read the transcript.

September 19th, 2012, 2:20 pm
Modmin Dude

m2karateman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:
How did he "write off" 47% of America? Because he made a statement that was true? Because that 47% can't handle the truth?

The GOP isn't dying, but it is becoming fractured. But the same can be said of Democrats as well.
My guess is this is what most people see as damning to Romney:
Quote:
Audience member: For the last three years, all everybody's been told is, "Don't worry, we'll take care of you." How are you going to do it, in two months before the elections, to convince everybody you've got to take care of yourself?

Romney: There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean, the president starts off with 48, 49, 48—he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. And he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean that's what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people—I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5 to 10 percent in the center that are independents that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not, what it looks like. I mean, when you ask those people…we do all these polls—I find it amazing—we poll all these people, see where you stand on the polls, but 45 percent of the people will go with a Republican, and 48 or 4…
There are a lot of different groups of people included in that 47% - seniors, students, military, working poor, even some millionaires - and it sounds as if Romney is lumping them all together, painting with a broad brush if you will, and IMO that was not very smart. At least 3 of those groups vote Republican on a regular bases (seniors, military & millionaires).

All in all I doubt this will have much effect on anything as, for the most part, the peeps that are upset by this weren't likely to vote for him anyway.

September 19th, 2012, 2:39 pm

I think that's the point of what I was saying. They know a set % is going to vote the other side. They fight for the 5% that can swing both ways. The actual % of independents is 30%, but most made up their minds a long time ago.

And since you brought up the "You didn't build that," it wasn't taken out of context. The ones that say it was taken out of context didn't read the whole thing or understand why it really upset people. It's exactly what he said. People mention the infrastructure, and teachers, but that's the main problem with what he said. In his belief, the government built those things which allowed businesses to grow. The fact is, the businesses grew which produced the need for better infrastructure. Education got a boost in order to create workers skilled enough to fill the jobs that were in demand. Business owners didn't get upset because Obama said you might have gotten help along the way, they got upset because he got the system backwards. Infrastructure is build by the government, but the need was built by business.

September 19th, 2012, 3:37 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

njroar wrote:
I think that's the point of what I was saying. They know a set % is going to vote the other side. They fight for the 5% that can swing both ways. The actual % of independents is 30%, but most made up their minds a long time ago.

And since you brought up the "You didn't build that," it wasn't taken out of context. The ones that say it was taken out of context didn't read the whole thing or understand why it really upset people. It's exactly what he said. People mention the infrastructure, and teachers, but that's the main problem with what he said. In his belief, the government built those things which allowed businesses to grow. The fact is, the businesses grew which produced the need for better infrastructure. Education got a boost in order to create workers skilled enough to fill the jobs that were in demand. Business owners didn't get upset because Obama said you might have gotten help along the way, they got upset because he got the system backwards. Infrastructure is build by the government, but the need was built by business.

But he MEANT "you didnt built that...yourself"

BA is a douche IMO but I though that i particlular GOP ploy was WEEEAAAAAKKKK (to say the least)

September 19th, 2012, 3:42 pm
Modmin Dude

njroar wrote:

Again, with respect, I think that you see it that because of you align with the Reps. As an 'Independent' I see both situation as being similar. There is a bit of truth in both comments, both in and out of context.

As an aside, I wonder if there's a conservative / Rep or liberal / Dem on this site that are honest enough to actually see these comments / issues / etc with true open minds. So far, I'm not seeing it. All I see is the Left / Dems supporting / defending their guy, the Right / Reps supporting / defending theirs and the moderates / Independents somewhere in the middle. Same poop different election cycle. One day everyone will wake up, but it doesn't look like it's going to be this time.

September 19th, 2012, 3:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next