View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 12:04 am



Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Gary Johnson on ballot in 47 states 
Author Message
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12078
Post Gary Johnson on ballot in 47 states
Politico wrote:
Gary Johnson on ballot in 47 states
By CHARLES MAHTESIAN | 9/12/12 9:49 AM EDT

The Libertarian Party reports that Gary Johnson will be on the ballot in at least 47 states, plus the District of Columbia.

The party is involved in litigation to get him on the ballot in the three remaining states, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and Michigan, where a judge ruled last week that Johnson could not appear on the ballot because he also ran as a Republican in the state’s February presidential primary.

Johnson is already on the ballot in two more states than the 1988 Libertarian nominee, Bob Barr.

Barr, a former Georgia congressman, won just 0.4 percent of the national vote. But in Missouri and North Carolina, the two closest states in 2008, he won enough votes to flip the outcome.

Johnson’s campaign is being closely watched for the same reason. With his base of support grounded in the Rocky Mountain West, Johnson has the potential to alter the outcome in swing states such as Colorado and Nevada.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/charlie-m ... html?hp=l7

Now, if only the would let him in the debates the American people might have a real choice

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


September 12th, 2012, 10:38 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3803
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Gary Johnson on ballot in 47 states
Quote:
Now, if only the would let him in the debates the American people might have a real choice



The biggest tradgedy of any election.

Why are only the rep and Dems allowed to speak. should anyone running be alowed to represent their party? Just a prime example of media Bias IMO.

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


September 12th, 2012, 10:43 am
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12078
Post Re: Gary Johnson on ballot in 47 states
regularjoe12 wrote:
Quote:
Now, if only the would let him in the debates the American people might have a real choice
The biggest tradgedy of any election.

Why are only the rep and Dems allowed to speak. should anyone running be alowed to represent their party? Just a prime example of media Bias IMO.
The first line in the Wiki article provides a clue IMO:
Quote:
The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) began in 1987 by the Democratic and Republican parties to establish the way that presidential election debates are run between candidates for President of the United States.
The private orgs RNC & DNC formed it and its likely they don't want or like outside competition.

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


September 12th, 2012, 10:49 am
Profile
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman
User avatar

Joined: March 30th, 2006, 12:48 am
Posts: 3803
Location: Davison Mi
Post Re: Gary Johnson on ballot in 47 states
TheRealWags wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Quote:
Now, if only the would let him in the debates the American people might have a real choice
The biggest tradgedy of any election.

Why are only the rep and Dems allowed to speak. should anyone running be alowed to represent their party? Just a prime example of media Bias IMO.
The first line in the Wiki article provides a clue IMO:
Quote:
The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) began in 1987 by the Democratic and Republican parties to establish the way that presidential election debates are run between candidates for President of the United States.
The private orgs RNC & DNC formed it and its likely they don't want or like outside competition.



That just backs up my theory that the two parties work hand in hand to squash any 3rd party options that open up...

_________________
2013 Lionbacker Fantasy Football Champion


September 12th, 2012, 10:51 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9466
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Gary Johnson on ballot in 47 states
Duopoly at it's worst empowered by the American voters... Come on "we the people"!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


September 12th, 2012, 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Gary Johnson on ballot in 47 states
Is the Green Party invited? Of course not. That would only take votes away from Obama. If you can't see the corruption, you're too supid to live. It doesn't matter though. Obama will be defeated.

_________________
Image


September 17th, 2012, 12:00 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.