View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 22nd, 2014, 3:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Ted Koppel takes on the truthsayers 
Modmin Dude

Post Ted Koppel takes on the truthsayers
This is from last Thursday's Rock Center w/Brian Williams and I found it interesting, just thought I would share...

(Click on the heading below or the link at the bottom for videos)

Rock Center wrote:

Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:37 AM EDT

Rock Center

From Bill O'Reilly describing how some media pundits "smash" politicians and "pinheads," to Ann Coulter describing why O'Reilly isn't opinionated enough, Rock Center Special Correspondent Ted Koppel investigates the role of the media in the degeneration of politics into an ugly war of words.

The New York Times' David Carr says the partisan news business is so profitable, as much as $1 billion a year for one cable news network, that it's clear why others have followed suit.

Political commentators Ann Coulter and Bill Maher, ideological opposites, debate the issue.

"I think it's the first time a lot of liberals have been able to hear conservatives or know what they think," Coulter said, disagreeing that there has been a coarsening of political dialogue. "I think we just have both sides. ... You just get it from the other side now and Liberals don't like it so you're screaming bloody murder."

"We're not just screaming at each other," Maher said. "One side is screaming facts and truth. One side is screaming their version of truth, which is religious-based nonsense."

Of the industry overall, Carr says, "they're not interested in the fruits of piece. It's bad television. Who'd want to watch that?"

http://rockcenter.nbcnews.com/_news/201 ... ayers?lite

September 26th, 2012, 5:33 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Ted Koppel takes on the truthsayers
Quote:
"We're not just screaming at each other," Maher said. "One side is screaming facts and truth. One side is screaming their version of truth, which is religious-based nonsense."

wow thats a logical and unbaised argument...dick ](*,)

i HATE Bill Maher he's just another tool who thinks it's more important to be right than it is to actually be correct.

September 26th, 2012, 5:42 pm
3rd Round Selection

And Coulter's comment wasn't biased?

Ultimately, they just proved there has been a "role of the media in the degeneration of politics into an ugly war of words". Neither of them could even discuss the role of the media, or recent changes in the media, without turning it into party political spin.

It's pathetic, from both sides. I feel sorry for you guys for the news media you have, tbh.

September 26th, 2012, 6:32 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

UK Lion wrote:
And Coulter's comment wasn't biased?

Ultimately, they just proved there has been a "role of the media in the degeneration of politics into an ugly war of words". Neither of them could even discuss the role of the media, or recent changes in the media, without turning it into party political spin.

It's pathetic, from both sides. I feel sorry for you guys for the news media you have, tbh.

Lol you got me there. I just reeeeeeeaaaaaally dispise bill maher. :lol:

September 26th, 2012, 6:45 pm
National Champion

Agreed w/ Joe. I have never liked Bill Maher. His opinion has become so overwelmingly biased, I don't know how even liberals can listen to him.

September 28th, 2012, 12:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]