View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 8:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Fiscal Cliff (a prophetic vision) Religious based 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Re: Fiscal Cliff (a prophetic vision) Religious based
ok Im pretty sure you misunderstand me but thats alright, let move on here:

Of all the theories and "sky is falling" conclusions that you have posted here, how many have come true over the past 5-10 years?

What can you (or I, or pablo, ect.) do to STOP any of these wild theories from happening if they did come true?

How much time and energy have you spent coming up with and worrying about said conclusions?

and lastly, God is in charge...why do these things worry you? If they DID come true would that all be part of the plan? and By being a man of faith would you not be sheltered from the storm to some degree?

My point to you is this: these theories are downright unheathly. They stress your mind, and in turn damage your heart, stomach and nervous system (and thats just the start). Shouldn't your faith in gods control put you at ease that these evil prophesies are simply not going to happen? or long story short, don't you see how believing in some of these (some that just border on rediculous) is actual doubting Gods control?

You can be upset with me all you'd like, but brother it's you that I worry about.

November 12th, 2012, 12:59 pm
QB Coach

Joe: Good questions all, thanks for asking, and since I don't wish to avoid any of your questions I will take them one by one.

1. How many of these have come true I can not say, because I don't believe I've posted anything specific like this particluar prophecy. BUT, several prophecies have been made and come true, with more yet to come.

2. There is nothing anyone can do to stop what has already been determined, and stopping it isn't the point. The point here is are you, Pablo, or anyone ready for what's coming. Say it is judgment day 2012, and we are all going to be held accountable for our lives, are you ready to stand before the judge? Do you think, "Well no one ever told me," is really going to hold up in "court"?

3. I'm not worried about the conclusions, I'm worried about the people here that I've been encouraged to interact with and pray for. That has been the point of my entire conversation in this thread and the others. I can only speak of my own personal story, and experiences. I've done that to the best of my ability, despite the animosity and frustration. There have been times of tremendous "seed planting" if you will, but it isn't up to me to harvest, that belongs to the Lord of the harvest, right?

Would you consider time spent in warning your loved ones of the dangers of drugs a waste of time? Your focus isn't the drugs, nor is the time spent warning, teaching, sharing, and so on. Your focus is protection or saving your loved ones from this curse to our society.

4. I agree God is in charge, and that is what gives me peace beyond understanding. But my love (brotherly) compels me to make the attempt for anyone who may be lost, and in particular some key individuals here. I've stated many times that my responsibility here is not the saving, but in carrying people in prayer. I'm doing my part, and resting in the fact that the Lord will do as He has a mind to. Others have come up with questions to which I have responded, and then this thread came from what the Propaganda Factories keep pumping out, when they mentioned FISCAL CLIFF. It jogged my memory to something I read several years ago; I began to try and talk about it, realized I wasn't doing it justice, so I bought it, typed it up and posted it for others to see. They are not my words, but words written in 1995, that are just now beginning to come into play. How much of prophecy is symbolism anyway? Many of the word pictures could be symbolic for something else, but that's above my head and paygrade.

I assure you with all of my heart, I'm not stressed, or angered, upset, or sleepless. I do what I'm called to do and that is to pray. My daughter and I lift you fellas up before the Lord every night asking that He will draw you into relationship with himself.

Why are the prophecies evil if they are "warnings" of a time to come? God has always been in control, and has given prophecies throughout Scripture to warn his people, and make them aware, so that when the times match the circumstances or are similar enough to raise awareness, people who are able to see and hear what's being said, are able to perk up and pay attention. I have not doubted God's control in any of this. To be quite honest with you I was so upset and disappointed with America's choice for President that my first reaction was one of anger. I immediately took that before the Lord because I knew I could not live like this, or continue with that attitude. Then I read something from a friend of mine who talked about how we needed to love, and it stirred my heart. From there, I started seeing a picture of a lighthouse being overwhelmed with waves.

This particulare lighthouse, La Jument, is on the coast of Bretagne and has an interesting story about a storm in 1989. But I digress. The sea or ocean has long been seen as the mass of humanity in Prophetic langauge. It's symbolic to the numbers and masses. So this picture of this lighthouse comes to mind because I saw that as a Christian, I need to stand in the mass of this raging ocean, (sea of humanity) demonstrating, illuminating, God's love for people. I do that through the love and concern he has placed in my heart, and if I can tangibly affect someones life through service, or finances, or whatever, I make the effort.

Let's face it, life is hard, and no more harder than inner city life for America anyway. People are hurt, addicted, abused, and taken advantage of, and they do what they can to get by, and so if an Obamaphone can make life a little easier for them, that's what they'll take. But God comes offering a free gift of relationship with him, but sadly, time has allowed the church fail on many of it's responsibilities, because it's run by men. Whereas we should be demonstrating the love of Jesus, and helping; instead we circle the wagons, or even shoot our wounded.(symbolism for attacking the hurt people who do come.) We've become fat, lazy, self serving, and many other things, and its no wonder many here and out there are disenfranchised and want nothign to do with God as they see examplified today. But what if the church, the body of Christ, quit building multi-million dollar buildings, and started investing that money into people and their lives. Would this world not be a better place?

Sorry, I got off on a tangent there. Let me finish up by saying I'm not mad at you, or stressed. I just have a deep concern for these peolpe: Pablo, Wags, Blueskies, I.E, TDJ, Slybri19, Augshum, UK Lion, LF57, Frok, and even you and Billy. I'm not trying to be judgmental or argumentative, I was just sharing something that came rushing back from several years ago, and brought it to the masses for them to look at. It doesn't make me better, or anything special, trust me I am not, but it does mean that I love you guys enough in the Lord to be praying for you, because that's what I've been asked to do. That's all, no more no less.

Sorry for the novel, but just had a lot to say. Be blessed.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 12th, 2012, 2:34 pm
QB Coach

Joe: This piece of Scripture seemed appropriate for what we were discussing prior to it going into hybernation. I was reading through 1 Thessalonians and when I got to Chapter 5 shortly after our conversation above, and when I read it I thought that it applied to what you'd said.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-9 (the Apostle Paul is speaking)

Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While peolpe are saying, "Peace and safety, " destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Analytical:

5:1 - times and dates: See Ac 1:6-7, There have always been some Christians who try to fix the date of our Lord's rturn but apparently the Thessalonians were not among them .

5:2 - day of the Lord: See 1 Cor. 5:5, The expression goes back to Amos 5:18. In the OT it is a time when God will come and intervene with judgment and/or blessing (note Joel1:15). In the NT the thought of judgment continues (Rom2:5; 2 Peter 2:9), but it is also the "day of redemption" (Eph 4:30); the "day of God" (2 Peter 3:12); or of Christ (1Cor. 1:8, Php 1:6) and the "last day" (John 6:39), the "great Day" (Jude 6) or simply "the day" (2 Th 1:10). It is the consummation of all things. there will be some preliminary signs (e.g. 2 Thes. 2:3), but for unbelievers the coming will be as unexpected as that of a thief in the night.

5:3 - desturction: Not annihilation, but exclusion from the Lord's presence (see 2 Thess 1:9); thus the ruin of life and all it's proud accomplishments. suddenly. Paul stresses the surprise of unbelievers. He uses a word found elsewherein the NT onlyu in Luke 21:34 ("unexpectedly"). Labor Pains Here the idea is not the pain of childbirth so much as the suddenness and inevitability of such pains. not. An emphatic double negative in the Greek, a construction Paul uses only four times in all his writings.

5:6 - asleep: Unbelievers are spiritually insensitivie, but this kind of sleep is not for "sons of the light." be alert. Literally "watch," which is in keeping with the emphasis Paul is placing on Christ's coming (Mat. 24: 42 - 43; 25:13; Mk 13:34-37)

I thought it interesting because of your reference to Peter who cried wolf, and continued to do so for his own amusment at the rushing around of others. If I recall the story correctly, he did it so often that the villagers finally ignored him, and the wolf ate him up.

The wolf in this sense would be the fiscal cliff right? So was it just Peter (me) that get's eaten up by the economics, or was it ALL of humanity?

Let's face it, common sense tells us that rich people own corporations, and those corporations drive the economy for the rest of us. We work there and make money which we in turn put back into the economy.

What APPEARS to be happening in this administration is that we are being forced from the Free Market, back into the Company Store mentality. We go to work, and we earn our wages only to buy substandard goods, at high Company prices. In a sense it is a form of slavery, because it's a system you can't get out of. If truth be told, it was the VERY SYSTEM that Unions were formed to get workers out of, and now it's Unions (or their leadership) that are working to quote the song, "sell our souls to the company store."

I brought this thread up because knowing Scripture as I do, and I am not trained in it but do read it quite often, I see a day coming for all of humanity. You and others have been correct in that this "DAY" has been coming for thousands of years. BUT, when you tie in what we see in daily life, and compare it to the signs spoken of through out the Bible, it determines the season. Many of the things from history that have happened that caused others to thing the end is near, came without key prophecies being fulfilled. Those key prophecies have now been fulfilled in OUR life time, with more to come. That is why I can say with confidence, that the SEASON is approaching, and for those I care about, I do what I can to wake them from their "sleep."

It will be difficult days of that I'm sure, but for those of us anchored in our relationship with Jesus, we will be able to withstand the onslaught only because of him. That does not mean that I know what is coming, but it does mean that my personal security is wrapped up in the promises of God. Because there are several here that have been laid upon my heart, I have reached out and done my best to demonstrate my care and concern, warts and all, but ultimately the decision will be theirs. I am just trying to encourage, and pray, and love them to the point that they will be given the opportunity to make the choice, and have a basis of evidence from which to do so.

So in the end I'll keep doing my part, and hoping for the best results.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 15th, 2012, 9:45 am

I understand where you are comming from, but there are 2 obvious signs that will occure long before the Rapture. One is Universal money. Conspiracy theorist will cry "The Euro The Euro", but they dont use that in China...or russia....ect. A more realistic outlook on universal money will be called "visa". But even still, it's not quite universal as of yet.

The other biggie is 7 years of peace in the middle east. I don't need to tell you that that one isn't even close to comming true yet.

I'm sorry i just doubt it will happen in our liftime. If it does I'm ready, dont get me wrong, but there are too many beautiful things to see and do for me to waste the time and energy to look for signs of something thats MEANT to be hidden from me. When it happens it happens, no amount of research, searching, or conspiring will change when thats going to happen.

It's the good stuff that I fear you may be missing out on by trying to determine when something will happen. ESPECIALLY when we have been specifically instructed that we will not know the time until it has already arrived.

Add in that I do not believe that anyone should become "born again" based on fear, and I just see what you are doing as a bad use of energy.

Happy thoughts bro! happy thoughts!

November 15th, 2012, 1:21 pm
QB Coach

Joe, rest assured I'm not missing the good stuff. I run to the mountains, or the woods every chance I get, and I bring my family with me. We go and chase waterfalls through the UP and I thoroughly enjoy my family. Beyond that, I am deeply passionate about serving people who have needs they can't meet. If I can coordinate it, and do it, I do that very thing. I also am very passionate and determined about ministering to those I care about, as seen here. Trust me, it has not escaped me, why complete strangers whom I've never met, nor will I probably ever meet, have been placed upon my heart. I mean what do we truly have in common? A losing football team? I guess that could be one of the rungs of hell right? So many years of frustration with one year of hope to set you up, only to be followed by our current demise?

The two things that you speak of both are future tense yes, but one is closer than you think.

monetary: it is my understanding that there has been talk to unify the pacific theater under one money source, say the yen. That market is larger than the euro and dollar put together. But that was speculation I believe.
However, if the worlds economy crashes, and unrest and wars, and the scramble for resources occurs, when in the course of all humanity has the stage ever been set for a Hero to rise from the ashes that will have all the answers to bring about the global village? I am not saying it will happen, but has there ever been a better time?

The second issue with Israel will come after the first issue, and that's when the worlds hero enters into the treaty to keep Israel and the rest of the world from fighting. Seeing as how Jerusalem is the seat of the worlds two largest religions, wouldn't it make sense for that to become a "religious" capital city where all have claim?

So you are correct that we can't stop the avalanche, but we can reach out and say, "WAKE UP".

The Bible itself says to watch and pray, so that we won't be deceived. I mean look at how charismatic Obama is as our President, and then mulitiply it for the hero that will come on stage. We, as believers, must not get caught up in the hype and to do that we must know the Word, and be aware of our surroundings, and pray.

So my efforts were to reach out to people laid upon my heart while we have time, because no one knows what tomorrrow brings.

November 15th, 2012, 1:50 pm

Quote:
However, if the worlds economy crashes, and unrest and wars, and the scramble for resources occurs, when in the course of all humanity has the stage ever been set for a Hero to rise from the ashes that will have all the answers to bring about the global village? I am not saying it will happen, but has there ever been a better time

A better time? hard to say but people asked the same question durring WWI, WWII, the great depression, the crusades, ect, ect, ect. thats why I say that todays climate can't really be used as an "sign" as throughout the history of mankind we are no where near the worst humanity has seen. matter of fact, when put into the proper perspective, life is pretty damn good here in the ole USofA.

We complain alot....on our computers, in our homes with a good roof on it. with warm clothes on our backs, food in our bellies, cars in our garages, and friends on their way over....It's kinda hard to say that things have gotten so bad that end of times is on the way. things could be worse, but the truth is we got it pretty good in todays day and age.

November 15th, 2012, 2:12 pm
QB Coach

You are correct that there were many dark days in our history. I mean look at the black plague and other times like that too? But none of those times including the world wars, had ever seen Israel become a nation again. That was one of the key prophecies that needed to be fulfilled according to Daniel, I believe it was. That happened in 1948, and IF I remember the prophecy correctly, "the generation that see Israel become a nation, shall not pass away." KEEP IN MIND I PARAPHRASED IT.

Now I do know that there is much debate over this because the generation part is tricky. Does that mean my or our parents who were born in the 40's shall not pass away before the 2nd coming? Does it mean something about Israel and Jerusalem? I've heard many discussions about it.

BUT the key to all of them, is that we are AWARE of the seasons, and with more evidence bearing out in our daily lives today, it points to a time very near. When? Who knows? 10, 20, 30 years? Maybe, or maybe not. But inspite of it all, God is in control, and our duty as Christians is to reach as many people as possible, sharing God's love through tangible acts, or random acts of kindness, and not just once but repetitively until they ask you why, so that you can share with them that Jesus has told me to. It is HIS love that will draw people, and I'm an inaccurrate portrait of him, but I'm still trying to get to know him better so that He becomes more and I become less.

But it's all good brother, glad to hear your aware and loving the life God has given you.

November 15th, 2012, 3:48 pm

Quote:
BUT the key to all of them, is that we are AWARE of the seasons, and with more evidence bearing out in our daily lives today, it points to a time very near. When? Who knows? 10, 20, 30 years? Maybe, or maybe not. But inspite of it all, God is in control, and our duty as Christians is to reach as many people as possible, sharing God's love through tangible acts, or random acts of kindness, and not just once but repetitively until they ask you why, so that you can share with them that Jesus has told me to. It is HIS love that will draw people, and I'm an inaccurrate portrait of him, but I'm still trying to get to know him better so that He becomes more and I become less.

Well said

November 15th, 2012, 3:55 pm
Varsity 1st Team

WarEr4Christ wrote:

But what if the church, the body of Christ, quit building multi-million dollar buildings, and started investing that money into people and their lives. Would this world not be a better place?
That's what churches use to do a great deal more of. Helping those in need and spreading the word. Now they, not all but a lot of them, are nothing but big businesses that don't pay taxes. Now the government feels it's job.. is helping people become dependent on the government.
Sorry, I got off on a tangent there. Let me finish up by saying I'm not mad at you, or stressed. I just have a deep concern for these peolpe: Pablo, Wags, Blueskies, I.E, TDJ, Slybri19, Augshum, UK Lion, LF57, Frok, and even you and Billy. I'm not trying to be judgmental or argumentative, I was just sharing something that came rushing back from several years ago, and brought it to the masses for them to look at. It doesn't make me better, or anything special, trust me I am not, but it does mean that I love you guys enough in the Lord to be praying for you, because that's what I've been asked to do. That's all, no more no less.

Why,may I ask, do you have deep concern for me?

Frok.

November 15th, 2012, 9:01 pm
QB Coach

Frok,

Please don't take this to mean that you are not living your life to a certain standard, because I could never know that. But each of the people I've mentioned above, including yourself, have been laid upon my heart and I am praying for you. I don't know whether you are a believer or not, but I do sense a hunger based upon conversations we've had. So I just do my best to do my duty, and leave the results up to God.

I'd be interested in knowing what you believe, but I also realize that's a personal subject, and isn't always discussed well. PM if you'd like, I did send you one but haven't heard back as of yet.

November 15th, 2012, 10:28 pm
QB Coach

moved per order of thread police

Last edited by WarEr4Christ on November 29th, 2012, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 29th, 2012, 9:54 am
Modmin Dude

WarEr4Christ wrote:
I'd like to ask what are peoples opinions on this?

I have recently seen this as a FB video, and so I went to google and pulled up the top two because I wanted to make sure I wasn't communicating something that was a lie.

What I've discovered is that the first one never made it to the President but the other one did and was signed into law. As I understand it, this will be enacted by March of next year, but I don't quite understand the intricacies of it.

This is why I'm asking what peoples thoughts are on this, because I would like to see from other sources how this pertains to my life, and that of my family.

http://www.infowars.com/reconciliation- ... o-america/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7y-acukzMo
What do those links have to do with the Fiscal Cliff? I would recommend reposting in a new topic.

November 29th, 2012, 10:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2