View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 2:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Evil Movie I came across 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Evil Movie I came across
www.TheBeastmovie.com

I first I thought it was a revalations based movie.. Not that I like to bring religion into a sports forum but when you all find out what the movie is about it will more than likely piss you off more than you imagine!

May 19th, 2005, 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

I think that movie looks like it would be very interesting. I hope someone is not trying to do another Blair Witch-type thing.

May 19th, 2005, 2:55 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

That offends me quiet a bit, but this is America, they have a right to publish whatever trash they want.

BTW, they are saying now that the mark of the beast was really 616, my area code. :shock:

May 19th, 2005, 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

That offends me quiet a bit, but this is America, they have a right to publish whatever trash they want.

BTW, they are saying now that the mark of the beast was really 616, my area code. :shock:

What about this offends you, bsand? Just curious. I was born, batised, communion, confirmed Catholic and have never trusted them (which is part of the reason why I am not a Catholic nor Christian to this day). I wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if at least part of the story is true. And it doesn't really sound like a movie, it sounds like a documentary. Again, not trying to start anything, just wondering what offends you about it.

Thx in advance,
Wags

May 19th, 2005, 5:12 pm

It offends me that they are making a MOVIE based on a suggestion that the focal point of my life doesn't exist. It isn't the same as an athist who might believe the same thing, that is their belief, and I respect that. But to make it a form of entertainment. I don't know if you saw the trailer, but it was pretty freaky and provactive. If it was a documentary, they wouldn't release it on 6.6.06. I know I am making some assumptions about it, which is dumb, I was upset about the assumptions made about The Passion.

I am not the kind of person who sees Mary in a grilled cheese, I'm not even that strong in my faith yet, but I know I would feel very uncomfortable watching this movie. I might watch it, but probably after it came out on video, just so I could discuss it without sounding like those wackos who wanted to burn Harry Potter.

WAGS wrote:
I was born, batised, communion, confirmed Catholic and have never trusted them (which is part of the reason why I am not a Catholic nor Christian to this day).

Wags, I can emaphise with you a little bit. I went to a Catholic school for all of my grade school, K-8. They wouldn't let me take communion, but my protestant church would serve communion to anyone, no matter who they are or what they did or what they believe. They way that the Catholic Church is run turns off many to Christianity. Not trying to offend any Catholics, I consider myself part Catholic.

May 19th, 2005, 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

It offends me that they are making a MOVIE based on a suggestion that the focal point of my life doesn't exist. It isn't the same as an athist who might believe the same thing, that is their belief, and I respect that. But to make it a form of entertainment. I don't know if you saw the trailer, but it was pretty freaky and provactive. If it was a documentary, they wouldn't release it on 6.6.06. I know I am making some assumptions about it, which is dumb, I was upset about the assumptions made about The Passion.

I am not the kind of person who sees Mary in a grilled cheese, I'm not even that strong in my faith yet, but I know I would feel very uncomfortable watching this movie. I might watch it, but probably after it came out on video, just so I could discuss it without sounding like those wackos who wanted to burn Harry Potter.

Just as a start let me state that I was born and raised Catholic, went to Catholic school K thru 8, and continued to be Catholic until just a few months ago. I converted to the Orthodox religion (my wife and two children are Orthodox) when my daughter was baptised.

The Bible was not written by God or Jesus Christ. The words were penned by Man. And men will often put into words those things that best serve their own purpose, and not that of our Lord. Let us keep this in mind as well as the fact that much of what is read in the Bible has been translated hundreds of times. There are some words from the ancient languages (Greek among them) that simply do not accurately translate into modern languages. With all this said, BSand, do not feel that a movie can 'suggest the focal point of your life did not exist'. If Jesus Christ is indeed the focal point of your life, then He is within you and He therefore does exist. Aside from all this is the fact that there are preserved documents (Dead Sea Scrolls) that talk of Jesus and some of His actions. The fact that Jesus Christ did indeed exist cannot be denied. It is His purpose and His origins that people question. If you believe in Him, then you have nothing to fear from a mere movie.

We have no way of knowing whether what has been written in the Bible is accurate, or has been modified over the years by kings and scholars who were seeking to put their selfish mark on history by changing certain passages. Indeed, in years past the Papacy itself was used as a means to gain political power in the world, rather than to serve as a means to do Gods bidding. When it comes down to it, you believe what you believe. That is why they call it faith.

May 23rd, 2005, 9:10 pm

If you believe in Him, then you have nothing to fear from a mere movie.

I'm not scared, just offended.

I have been to an Orthodox chruch once, but couldn't really understand what it was all about. Can you shed some light?

May 24th, 2005, 8:36 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

At one time the Orthodox and Catholic religions were one and the same. The major difference is that the Orthodox religion conforms to the older methods of conducting mass and do not recognize the Pope as the church patriarch. There are a number of lesser differences that are too many to list, but here are a few:

Orthodox has icons, the Catholic has statues
Orthodox communion has wine and bread, Catholic has the eucharist
Orthodox priests can be married
Orthodox priests often say mass in a language other than English
Orthodox does not have confession
Orthodox baptize and confirm at the same time (around 6 months of age)
Orthodox make the sign of the cross differently, and do it three times

I don't know all the various aspects of the Orthodox religion, but most of the prayers and beliefs are the same.

May 24th, 2005, 9:47 am
Modmin Dude

When it comes down to it, you believe what you believe. That is why they call it faith.
Well, said Mike.
And I can understand where you're coming from BSand. Thanks for responding, sorry it took me so long to get back. I personally have no doubts that a man named Jesus Christ did live, but as to what or who he really was is where we differ. I believe that he was an important man and a spiritual leader, but I don't believe that he was the son of God.

May 24th, 2005, 10:58 am
Hall of Fame Player

Quote:
When it comes down to it, you believe what you believe. That is why they call it faith.
Well, said Mike...

I agree! Well said M2K.

You guys might laugh at this but I thought the movie Bruce Almighty did a brilliant job with the issue of faith. IMO, it demonstrated repeatedly to us all in a light hearted way that you get what you give.

If you remember the movie God (Morgan Freeman) gave all his powers to Bruce (Jim Carey) with one stipulation; "You can't change free will."

Later in the movie Bruce asked, "How do you get people to love you if you can't change free will?"

God responded, "That's the story of my life."

May 24th, 2005, 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

As a God fearing individual things like this do not bother me. I watched part of the Peter Jennings special on the Bible I think it was focused on the apostle Paul as well. But all did was present a one sided case (err attack) against the Bible. I think maybe a year later he did a special on UFOs :alien: and Peter Jennings couldn't have been more open minded interviewing "Abductees" ( :retard: :nerd: new_all_coholic.gif new_Eyecrazy.gif ) and from my memory not asking one them one difficult question to challenge their stories.

It's just the way society is. We are quick to catagorize people and ideas as bad or good and leave very little room for a middle ground of possibilities. I know I have been guilty of that too but people are not either Jimmy Swaggart or Howard Stern. We tend to view things in a polarized manor not realizing the majority of people fall somewhere much closer to the center.

One thing is for certain...if you were to due a similar "documentary" on Islam there would be chaos.

May 24th, 2005, 4:06 pm
Profile WWW

One thing is for certain...if you were to due a similar "documentary" on Islam there would be chaos.

I thought that when I first heard about the movie. There was a movie called Submission or something, made by a Dutch filmmaker who got killed because of it. Its really short, you can find it online somewhere, but is very intersting.

It is trendy nowadays to knock people/religons off their pedastals. Example-Lincoln is Gay, Kennedys are evil, Reagan was a homophope, etc. God is just a new target. I saw a 20/20 about the Ressurection and the consipracy theories about it. But it was openminded, not as bad as Alpha said peter jennings was.

May 24th, 2005, 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]