View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 2:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Do you know about CISPA? 
Modmin Dude

Post Do you know about CISPA?
The House passed CISPA last week and its up for 'debate' in the Senate this week. Please take a couple minutes to familiarize yourself with this piece of legislation, then, should you feel the need, contact your 'Reps' accordingly.

Quote:
What is “CISPA”?

CISPA stands for The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, a network and Internet security bill written by Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI) and Dutch Ruppersberger (D-MD) (H.R. 624). The bill purports to allow companies and the federal government to share information to prevent or defend against network and other Internet attacks. However, the bill grants broad new powers, allowing companies to identify and obtain “threat information” by looking at your private information. It is written so broadly that it allows companies to hand over large swaths of personal information to the government with no judicial oversight—effectively creating a “cybersecurity” loophole in all existing privacy laws.
Yet another power grab, IMO.

April 22nd, 2013, 10:41 am
Post Re: Do you know about CISPA?
TheRealWags wrote:
The House passed CISPA last week and its up for 'debate' in the Senate this week. Please take a couple minutes to familiarize yourself with this piece of legislation, then, should you feel the need, contact your 'Reps' accordingly.

Quote:
What is “CISPA”?

CISPA stands for The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, a network and Internet security bill written by Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI) and Dutch Ruppersberger (D-MD) (H.R. 624). The bill purports to allow companies and the federal government to share information to prevent or defend against network and other Internet attacks. However, the bill grants broad new powers, allowing companies to identify and obtain “threat information” by looking at your private information. It is written so broadly that it allows companies to hand over large swaths of personal information to the government with no judicial oversight—effectively creating a “cybersecurity” loophole in all existing privacy laws.
Yet another power grab, IMO.

I agree... I hate this crap. We become less "free" with every piece of BS legislation, and we really have no "say" in it. I guaranty you that if this crap were put up for a popular vote it would fail miserably, but we don't hold our Congressmen accountable.

April 22nd, 2013, 12:15 pm
QB Coach

so maybe I'm not too far off base when I say it's all about control huh? All we need to do is look at Singapore and how they are run. Cameras EVERYWHERE, and infractions for just about anything. Europe has a police presence who's job responsibility is to monitor cameras that monitor it's citizenry. Traffic, pedestrian, and so on. It's the proverbial big brother, and yes it's about control.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

April 22nd, 2013, 12:59 pm
RIP Killer

And yet, we have members of this forum that would tell us our concerns about tyrannical government is unfounded and will never happen. Freedoms aren't taken away like a blast of dynamite. They are eroded like water through a stone. Over time, the freedoms are limited and denied piece by piece until finally you find you don't even have a right to complain about the freedoms you've lost. And freedoms lost are all too often freedoms never gained again.

April 22nd, 2013, 2:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]