View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 3rd, 2014, 1:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 "A Voice from the Pews" 
QB Coach

Post "A Voice from the Pews"
Hey y'all,

I just wanted to share with you that I've been blessed to have three years worth of my life published and ready for distribution through Amazon.com I know that we've shared a lot of discussions on topics of religion, and I'm thankful for the challenging questions that were put forth, that caused me to dig deeper in my own relationship to Jesus Christ. Because this is such a huge accomplishment for me, I wanted to share it with you as well, because I know that some of you had stated interest early on. So if you wish, you can follow the link below and it will take you right to the Amazon.com location. Thank you for "putting up" with me, and I sincerely hope that you'll be able to hear "A Voice from the Pews".

http://www.amazon.com/Voice-Pews-Insigh ... m+the+Pews

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 30th, 2013, 8:49 am
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

Post Re: "A Voice from the Pews"
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Hey y'all,

I just wanted to share with you that I've been blessed to have three years worth of my life published and ready for distribution through Amazon.com I know that we've shared a lot of discussions on topics of religion, and I'm thankful for the challenging questions that were put forth, that caused me to dig deeper in my own relationship to Jesus Christ. Because this is such a huge accomplishment for me, I wanted to share it with you as well, because I know that some of you had stated interest early on. So if you wish, you can follow the link below and it will take you right to the Amazon.com location. Thank you for "putting up" with me, and I sincerely hope that you'll be able to hear "A Voice from the Pews".

Paul Sheldon, you had a book published? You rock! Congratulations.

Blueskies is my hero. I worship the ground he walks on.

May 30th, 2013, 10:18 am
QB Coach

Thanks! It has been a long three years in the making... Much of it is word pictures and Scripture references that came to mind in the midst of many struggles. My hope is that those who choose to read it will be able to see their own life experiences for what they are, training grounds, and that there really is a God who is living and active, and trying to get our attention.

I've used this example with some friends of mine.

Do you remember the children's books that would get you started on a story line and then bring you to a point of decision. For "A" to happen turn to page 134, for "B" to happen turn to page 45. Based upon the decision you made, the book was different, and had different outcomes.

Our lives are like that: we come to a decision point, we make a decision, and then live with the consequences or victories of our decisions. Well because I've been down the road a little ways, my hope is that some of the things I've had to endure, or made the good or bad decision on, will help someone just approaching that point in their journey.

I'm just hoping that it will be a blessing to whoever reads it, that's much more important than anything else. Thanks again.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

May 30th, 2013, 11:29 am
QB Coach

Hey guys,
I'm trying to promote this a little bit, and I would hope that you would take a honest look at it. If you follow the link to Amazon.com they have updated the feature that allows you to take a look inside and even preview it. Would you do me the honor of checking it out? Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Voice-Pews-Insigh ... 1449793223

April 22nd, 2014, 10:57 am
QB Coach

Here's a teaser on one of the articles within A Voice from the Pews, so that you can see that it isn't a sermon, or a brow beating of Christianity. It's more of a matter of perspectives and Spiritual truths filtered through the lens of my life. I hope you'll give it a go!

The Meaning of Life: through stories

For much of my life, I have lived from experience to experience, never really understanding why the good or bad things that happen are a part of my life. In recent days and months, my wife and I have gone through some particularly rough struggles. We’ve endured difficult times of health conditions, and even a motor vehicle accident that brought legal ramifications. So why is that? What did we do to deserve that? The answer to this is nothing! To better understand why things like this happen you need to understand the meaning of life.

As I was saying, I used to live my life from one experience to the next, and then tried to translate its meaning into my life, so that I could understand why things happen. But in truth, there are many things that happen that we can not translate, nor understand because our life is not about us. There it is folks, the meaning of life in a short sentence! Life is not about us! All you need to do is take a good look around you and you can see a society, a world, a humanity that is hell bent on living for self. What makes me happy? What do I deserve? You hurt me, so I’m going to hurt you! All of these are selfish in origin, and dooming mankind.

Whether you believe it or not, humanity was created for relationship. We need each other; we need that sense of community, in order to survive. So much of our human psyche generates from community; things like self-worth, love, interests and so on. Now please do not misunderstand me, I am not a psychologist, and doubt if I’ve ever held a psychology book, but I have learned a few things the hard way.

In recent days, I’m talking as recently as this week; I have struggled mightily with a vehicle situation that was beyond my capacity to fix. My wife had a motor vehicle accident that put us through the wringer in so many ways, and one of these was based around her vehicle. We finally were able to get that car back, somewhere around last March or April. But during this time, it didn’t really sound right. The transmission was louder than what we remembered, and we noted that with the body shop who did the work. To make a long story very short, we were driving to my daughter’s eighth birthday party, when the transmission went out. So last week was a week of worry, struggle, and my faith had worn painfully thin.

I called and even hassled many an insurance agent trying to get them to recognize the damage as being related to the accident, but wasn’t making much head way. Finally, Thursday of last week, there was a break through and the insurance company offered to pay to inspect the transmission to see if it was related to the accident. Because so many things were weighing down on me, and with the added stress of the unknown, I was painfully aware of my own limitations. If it had not been for my relationship with a very dear friend, I doubt if I would have been grounded in my faith. In fact, it wasn’t until yesterday morning that I realized how selfish and proud I was being.

I was on my way to a meeting and happened to notice a really nice truck sitting by the road, and I thought to myself, “Man, I’d like to own a truck like that.” And as soon as I said that I wondered why that was so. Then it occurred to me that others would see me as being prosperous for driving in this nice truck. But it didn’t stop there; I replayed many of the statements I’d made in the last week, only to see that each one was flavored with pride. So I immediately took this before the Lord and began to pray for His forgiveness and to seek His humility for my life. It was a change in perspective that allowed these things to come into clear view.

Our lives are not meant for us alone! We each live experiences of our own choosing, or those that are thrust upon us, and it is for the benefit of those watching. You see, you and I have an audience that watches our every move. They watch how we negotiate our lives and it either helps them, or hinders them, based upon our responses. Here’s a case in point: During our first year of marriage, my wife and I suffered a miscarriage that really hurt, and we couldn’t understand why this had happened to us. But as life went on, we adjusted and continued to enjoy each others company, and the challenge life had before us. Little did we know that in the space of a few months, my wife’s best friend would go through a very similar situation that almost cost her, her life? Had we not initially gone through our own situation, we would not have been in a position to understand the grief, and emotions surrounding such a painful experience. But because we had, we not only understood, we were able to be supportive and understanding, based upon experience.

As I’ve been trying to share, our lives are not meant for us! Our lives, and the stories they tell are meant for those who follow behind us. We each live experiences that have a direct correlation to someone around us, or someone we may not know, who has been drawn to us by that experience. My hearts desire has long been to minister to friends and family alike. I have experiences in faith, and fellowship that causes me to want to reach out and touch those that I find dear. Two of my friends in particular, do not necessarily believe in God, or know Him personally. But I do! Now I don’t grab my Bible and begin to swing it at them, trying to preach religion to them, because that’s offensive. But what I have been trying to do is reach out in love, and introduce them to a man who’s changed my life. That man is Jesus Christ, the Son of God! I am not capable of saving, or convincing, in fact, I can do little more than live my life and pray for them, but I do pray for them, and I do love them.

So the next time you find yourself involved in this struggle that we call life, please consider that what you are currently embroiled in, isn’t for you! It is a situation that deepens your faith, encourages your heart, and allows you an opportunity to reach a whole new audience, just because you are being led through a tough time. Personally, I draw inspiration from Bible characters like Joseph, who was shown a vision, but then sent through the wringer to develop his faith, and courage. Is it just? It doesn’t always seem so, but if our lives are self-focused then we can argue that, but if we focus on our relationship with Christ, we can see that our lives are not our own. If we’ve made the decision to accept Christ as our Lord and Savior, then we can honestly say, “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20)

Please let my story be an encouragement to you, and please open your eyes to your own situations in life, and look at them from a fresh perspective. It is Christ who lives in us, and is building a book of life, with each of our lives representing a chapter, that will show how glorious He is, and how much more capable He is, of living through us, and then we could ever be living for ourselves. So you can see that the meaning of life, is truly about relationships, and relationships are better understood through the stories of our lives. It has always been, and always will be about the relationship with God, through Jesus Christ, and the relationship of one to another. I love you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and pray, “I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people.” (Ephesians 1:17-18)

April 23rd, 2014, 2:07 pm
QB Coach

comments are welcome, as I hope to improve my writing abilities. And with that, I won't post anymore unless it's in response to a question.

OH! But I would like to let y'all know that I've been invited for a book signing in June at the Battle Creek Barnes and Noble location in Lakeview Square Mall. I'll post that here when I get the firm date. Be blessed.

April 23rd, 2014, 5:34 pm
QB Coach

Last one like I promised:

Saturday June 7, 2014 at the Battle Creek Barnes and Noble Lakeview Square Mall location, directly off of I 94, I will be having another book signing. If you'd care to come out from 1 - 4pm, I'd love to put some faces to names here. Be blessed guys, and I hope to see you there.

Paul

April 28th, 2014, 12:13 pm
QB Coach

Ok, it's been over a month and the book signing in Battle Creek is just about ten days away. Again, it's at Barnes and Noble Battle Creek right off of I-94 at the 99 or 100 exit. Lakeview Square Mall, you take the exit heading North to go into Battle Creek, and you'd take the SOUTH exit to head to the Mall on Beckley Rd.

I hope to see some of you there....

May 27th, 2014, 3:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]