View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 8:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Thanks to those who've served and are serving 
QB Coach

Post Thanks to those who've served and are serving
I just wanted to say thanks to those who have served, are serving, and most especially to those who've given ALL on behalf of this country. May the United States live up to the sacrifice that's been given on it's behalf, by those who gave so that others might have.

Freedom ALWAYS comes with a cost, and blood is the fee. As you take the time to thank a Veteran, or currently serving Military or Coast Guard personnel, please take a moment to consider that you are allowed to do what you are about to do, because somebody stood in your place and agreed to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign or domestic. We owe them (us) more than words and a free meal, we owe them RESPECT. Be blessed Brothers and Sisters in Arms past, present, and future.

P. Sheldon
Hm3/USN
Medic

Camp Lejeune Nav Hosp
Gitmo Nav Hosp
Q Co. Naval Reactionary Force
Leeward Rifle Security Company
Charlie Co. 1st Bn. / 24th Mar. Reg

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

November 11th, 2013, 11:58 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Thanks to those who've served and are serving
agreed, thanks to all who have served and to those that still do. We salute you!

November 11th, 2013, 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Many Thanks to all veterans.

November 11th, 2013, 4:27 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

As a vet myself, I appreciate all those who came before and after me. We MUST honor those that have and will ensure our freedoms. If you disagree with that, I hear that Cuba is nice in the winter months. HINT.

November 12th, 2013, 2:51 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The way the military is currently being used, it's not exactly defending our freedom. In fact, it's making us less free. I have great respect for veterans, particularly those who were drafted, but anyone volunteering to serve nowadays is a fool.

November 12th, 2013, 2:53 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Blueskies wrote:
The way the military is currently being used, it's not exactly defending our freedom. In fact, it's making us less free. I have great respect for veterans, particularly those who were drafted, but anyone volunteering to serve nowadays is a fool.

That might be your best post ever. I completely agree.

November 12th, 2013, 9:05 pm
Varsity Captain

If it were not for the fools, in this day and age we would have no one from First Responders to a chopper mech in Kodiak to stand for us. We have a totally volunteer military, police force, fire dept., medical and scientific community as well as other service orgs. I have met both men and women and the occasional child that have been or are heroes. It maybe bravado, fate, courage, accident or shear stupidity that elevates these people to that level. I have seen fear, cowardice and plain old "oh poop". The majority of these people, during my time, did not choose to be there but while there they did their jobs with pride and the knowledge that their sacrifices would be welcomed and honored. Unfortunately that hasen't always been the case. My father came home from France with a Purple Heart to a hero's welcome, I came home from SE Asia with two, only to be spit on in the Oakland airport. To this day we have Major Officers that haved recieved Theater Ribbons and other medals just for flying by a combat zone and thousands that died without anyone knowing their names, many, too many, that did it just so you have the right to call them fools and do what you can to stop our inept government from hurting our own people by cutting funding for education, job creation, social programs and stealing from the Social Security fund which is totally funded by the taxpayers while supporting governments of countries like Pakistan, the very ones that hid Bin Laden from us while taking billions in aid from us.

I'm sorry for the rant, but you all need to know that the Pres. making a speech telling everyone how the American people honor them is BS. As long as the folks in Whashington don't have to pick up a weapon our troops will never be honored or truely cared about.

God bless our troops and all of you and remember that fools go where angels fear to tread!

November 12th, 2013, 11:53 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

My point is that if you enlist today, there's a good chance you'll get sent over to some Middle Eastern country where we shouldn't even be, and where the local populace hates our presence. You'll be helping to make them hate us even more, which could, eventually, result in more terrorist attacks.

A lot of people want to detach what the military is doing from individual soldiers. And I understand that, because a lot of Vietnam vets were treated unfairly. But if you understand what the military is doing, and you still volunteer to do it, you're ultimately responsible for the consequences of that choice.

November 13th, 2013, 10:04 am
Varsity Captain

Point taken and I do agree about what they are doing. But is it the military or the government doing it? There has been a boatload of major officers relieved of command for complaining about what Washington wanted and how they wanted it done. Kind of Ed Reedish, if you catch my drift.

November 13th, 2013, 11:56 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

The US military is capable of going in and destroying the military and overthrowing the government of every country in the world besides China and Russia. Unfortunately, our "leaders" also think we have to rebuild and/or stabilize the country afterwards for ten years. NO. Just go in and F them up, then leave. Their actions caused our intervention, so they should have to deal with the consequences. End of story.

November 14th, 2013, 2:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]