View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 3:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Petition to ban Sly from the boards 
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Petition to ban Sly from the boards
Title says it all. He hurls insults in every post, posts disruptively, doesn't add to discussions, etc.

He may have once been a good member, but that time has long since passed.

December 16th, 2013, 10:04 am
QB Coach

Post Re: Petition to ban Sly from the boards
Blueskies wrote:
Title says it all. He hurls insults in every post, posts disruptively, doesn't add to discussions, etc.

He may have once been a good member, but that time has long since passed.

Seconded.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 16th, 2013, 10:45 am
QB Coach

Sounds like censorship, and the removal of his right to free speech, if what he has said offends there is or used to be an ignore feature that would block what's said. And if that doesn't work, then institute your own by ignoring what he's said. Do we really want to start muzzling people? Where's the tolerance? Where's the fairness? I hear it preached from the left, but I'm not seeing it demonstrated in this thread.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 16th, 2013, 11:38 am
Modmin Dude

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Sounds like censorship, and the removal of his right to free speech, if what he has said offends there is or used to be an ignore feature that would block what's said. And if that doesn't work, then institute your own by ignoring what he's said.
Its called the ignore feature and its still there
WarEr4Christ wrote:
Do we really want to start muzzling people? Where's the tolerance? Where's the fairness? I hear it preached from the left, but I'm not seeing it demonstrated in this thread.
The left???!!!?? Um, if I'm not mistaken TD & Blueskies are conservatives....hardly the left...

December 16th, 2013, 11:42 am
Hall of Fame Player

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Sounds like censorship, and the removal of his right to free speech, if what he has said offends there is or used to be an ignore feature that would block what's said. And if that doesn't work, then institute your own by ignoring what he's said. Do we really want to start muzzling people? Where's the tolerance? Where's the fairness? I hear it preached from the left, but I'm not seeing it demonstrated in this thread.

I agree. Sly and I used to be good friends. That has changed over the last few years. But, I don't see anything he has done that warrants this. Heck, he doesn't even come around very often anymore, anyway.

Perhaps Blueskies and TDJ are just upset that Sly has not posted any pics in his tramp thread in a long time. LOL.

December 16th, 2013, 11:45 am

I understand how to use the ignore feature, and I'm not one to have a thin skin -- I can throw insults myself every once in a while.

But with Sly, it's every single post. Having a presence like that on the boards could discourage lurkers from signing up and posting, or from other members who may be active on the mainboards from venturing into the Off Topic discussion.

At the very least, I think he should be given a warning to tone it down.

December 16th, 2013, 12:20 pm
QB Coach

Asking him to tone it down would be much more appropriate, because if I remember correctly, it's directed at one person.

Wags, I don't want to bring in that discussion about the left any more than I already have, because from my side of this fence, there is very LITTLE tolerance for my beliefs, and I've been told that I'm intolerant, and many other labels because of what I believe. There is no equal footing with "the Left", you either see it their way, or you are all of the labels I've mentioned and more.

And Blue and TDJ might be, conservative, but they are definitely on the left side of that see saw in many of their opinions and beliefs; which of course is their right and I've no problem with that.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 16th, 2013, 12:55 pm
QB Coach

It has nothing to do with his ideology or his beliefs. Here's a sample of things he's said in his last few posts:

If that differs from your ideology, I have a left nut that needs to be appeased. Get to licking. (in fairness he apologized for this one)

I say F#ck You! If you don't like my comment, get a f%cking job and pay taxes like me.

If the Pope doesn't like my comment, he can choke on a dick too.

It's idiots like you that make this country screwed up.

Holy Useful Idiot Batman!

how many of you idiots actually know what a Constitutional Convention consists of?

That's just a small sample of the insults he's hurling around. It's in almost every one of his posts. That said, I don't care if he gets banned. I already ignore him on here, so I don't see his posts anymore unless I click on them. I must be a misogynist because I do usually click, just to see what the latest crazy rantings are. I should know better...

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 16th, 2013, 1:27 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

remember guys...the changes in Sly have been intentional. He is acting like this on purpose. I have hopes that the Ole Sly comes back. There is no doubt how smart the guy can be when he doesnt belittle himself by resorting to insults repeatedly. He was, and In a much smaller way still is a valued member of this board. I dont really like the way he treats those he disagrees with, but still have hopes that he will remember who he was and go back to that guy...cuz THAT was a guy who made a difference!

He changed this way...He CAN change back. the sooner he sees that he is bringing harm to his own cause the sooner he'll change back to the guy we all respected and listened to (well for the most part ;). Here is to hoping he's not too stubborn to see the truth.

December 16th, 2013, 2:55 pm
RIP Killer

What an interesting thread. For those who have known Sly for awhile do know how intelligent he is, some of his stuff on the salary cap was really amazing.

Cases like these are tough balancing acts. I agree with WE4C about censorship and we have always tried to avoid it. At the same time, hostility can reach a point when it turns everyone off and we certainly don't want to lose our small close knit community of Lions fans.

I personally have greatly enjoyed those whose opinions have been the most polar opposite of mine. That included pretty much everybody whenever I suggested the Lions use their first round pick on a QB (I mean, Vince Young and JaMarcus Russell were can't misses). M2K always pointed out my faults there. WE4C has to pray for me consistently based on my non-faith musings. And while many couldn't stand WJB, his posts were always a must read for me personally - I'm still hoping he eventually comes back.

As for Sly, I love his passion - unfortunately his communication style overrides his message as of late. His filter, especially after drinking, is almost non-existent. Personally, I choose not to ignore but rather laugh at his rants - they are rather amusing if not taken personally.

Much of it sounds like a cry for help, perhaps we can start a Lionbacker intervention thread for him - that should really set him off!!!

December 16th, 2013, 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

This thread makes me laugh.

Personally, l would have replied sooner, but I took a big money donor out to lunch at Max & Erma's instead. You see, instead of just bitching about stuff on the internet, I actually attempt to do something about it.

Now, I can understand why most people don't like my style, but I don't care. I strive to be the most politically incorrect person as possible, and I think I succeed at it. Deal with it or ignore me. It's not as if I give a F@ck.

The truth is that the left uses Saul Alinski rules to mock and ridicule people like me. So, I use these same rules to mock and ridicule them back times 10. If you can't deal with it, choke on my dick. I don't care.

Furthermore, I have no use for or acceptance of any idiot that encourages the expansion of government. If you advocate for that nonsense, I WILL come after you. If you don't like it, I'll put my 9 MM or 5.56 MM NATO against whatever you have any day. Wanna make my day? Try me.

With that said, I do see that my posts can be deemed controversial and I ought to tone them down. It makes some people feel uncomfortable to the point that they have to change their panties. Do I care? Nope, Will I change? Nope. Nice try though.

Meanwhile, as I was typing this, I received notification of a major donation to Land For Senate. Did I play a part in this? I do not know, but 'Im gonna continue doing what I'm doing, regardless.

Say what you will about me, but atleast I don't pull a Martin Bashir and say that we should sh1t in your mouth and piss in your eyes like that former MSNBC host did. I do have some standards, but not many. :D

December 16th, 2013, 5:30 pm

What? No responses yet? You people disappoint me.

Am I controversial? Yes. Do I do it on purpose? Yes. Do I give a F@ck? No,

Deal with it.

You people ought to see me in real life though. I'm only 5'5" and 135 pounds, but nobody f%cks with me EVER. And I'm just as belligerent there as here. Of course, I carry a Glock,, so I have no problem with putting 9mm holes in those that irritate me. Fortunately though, it hasn't come down to that YET!

My problem stems from those that believe that the government knows best. They don't and never will. Those that advocate for MORE government are my personal enemies and I've made it my mission to DESTROY them. If you don't like it, move to Cuba or something.

December 17th, 2013, 1:26 am

Pablo wrote:
What an interesting thread. For those who have known Sly for awhile do know how intelligent he is, some of his stuff on the salary cap was really amazing.

Cases like these are tough balancing acts. I agree with WE4C about censorship and we have always tried to avoid it. At the same time, hostility can reach a point when it turns everyone off and we certainly don't want to lose our small close knit community of Lions fans.

I personally have greatly enjoyed those whose opinions have been the most polar opposite of mine. That included pretty much everybody whenever I suggested the Lions use their first round pick on a QB (I mean, Vince Young and JaMarcus Russell were can't misses). M2K always pointed out my faults there. WE4C has to pray for me consistently based on my non-faith musings. And while many couldn't stand WJB, his posts were always a must read for me personally - I'm still hoping he eventually comes back.

As for Sly, I love his passion - unfortunately his communication style overrides his message as of late. His filter, especially after drinking, is almost non-existent. Personally, I choose not to ignore but rather laugh at his rants - they are rather amusing if not taken personally.

Much of it sounds like a cry for help, perhaps we can start a Lionbacker intervention thread for him - that should really set him off!!!

I completely understand where you're coming from, but I won't change. Since the Lion fiasco, I managed to secure a 5K donation. What have you done? I'm making a difference each and every day..How about you?

December 17th, 2013, 1:56 am

Quote:
I'm only 5'5" and 135 pounds

Well, I guess that explains it. Manlet with a Napoleon complex. Carry on, little buddy.

December 17th, 2013, 3:14 am

Napoleon complex? So THIS is what you focus upon. Let it be known that due to my military training, I could snap your neck in less than 2 seconds. Wanna try me? Didn't think so. :D

December 17th, 2013, 6:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next