View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 6:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 HPV Vaccine 
QB Coach

Post HPV Vaccine
Sorry for the creation of the new thread, but I remember this discussion coming up some time ago and getting "educated" for saying that the HPV vaccine was unnecessary, especially since HPV is (genital warts) and only transmitted via personal contact to the affected areas. I distinctly remember being told that my information was old and out dated because what I had to offer was from information obtained as a medic in the service.

Well, today I came across an article posted by a friend of mine, and I wondered what others thought about it. So here's the link!

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/lead-dev ... cam_012014

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

January 11th, 2014, 11:44 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: HPV Vaccine
That article is completely false. Even in the comment section for that article someone posted a link to the snopes page debunking it: http://www.snopes.com/medical/drugs/gardasil.asp. The part of that page that's relevant to your article is the following:

"In a 2012 peer-reviewed article about Cervarix, Dr. Harper states that "Cervarix is an excellent choice for both screened and unscreened populations due to its long-lasting protection, its broad protection for at least five oncogenic HPV types, the potential to use only one-dose for the same level of protection, and its safety." Again, she speculates that cervical cancer screening may be just as useful, but nowhere does she recommend that the vaccine not be used, that it's safety profile is unacceptable, or that the vaccine cannot prevent cancer. In fact, she recommends expanding the guidelines for HPV vaccines for older women because as they age, they are more susceptible to other serotypes of HPV, against which Cervarix confers protection. She also states that Cervarix may also have a protective effect against some autoimmune disorders. This does not sound like a researcher who is losing sleep about the HPV vaccine, but who fully supports its use, with some exceptions.

Dr. Diane Harper is one of the leading researchers in biomedical science, an individual who has spent her life studying vaccines. She has the academic training and research credibility at a level that if she said "Gardasil is dangerous," many of us would stand up and begin to wonder. But the facts are she has not said anything of the sort about Gardasil and Cervarix. In peer-reviewed articles published in important, high impact journals, she has given strong, but scientifically qualified, endorsements to HPV vaccines. These are the facts. Any other allegations about her lack of support for vaccinations is based on misinformation, disinformation and lies."

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

January 12th, 2014, 6:43 am
QB Coach

Post Re: HPV Vaccine
Thanks for the clarification: I read through the first few paragraphs, and because it was late, I copied and pasted. I wasn't trying to forward false info, that's why I asked for thoughts. THanks again.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

January 12th, 2014, 4:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]