View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 6:15 pm



Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Is it racist? 
Author Message
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1202
Post Re: Is it racist?
Pablo wrote:
TruckinMack wrote:
but is everyone on Lionbacker a PC-ussy. If you think it's racist, say so. If you think it is not, say that. Stop hedging with, 'Well everyone else does it,' or 'Maybe it should be looked at'.


Call it what you want, I didn't see the hiring process as racist so I'm not going to call it that. Call me PC-ussy, but perhaps you are looking for something that doesn't exist based upon the color of the coaches skin.

I find it sad that the Lions finally hire a minority coach, who happens to hire a black DC whom he worked with in Baltimore, and suddenly folks start looking towards racism as the reason. I'd say somebody is judging a "book by it's cover", and it ain't the Lions new coach.

I haven't said it as much, but I will definitely say it now. If Caldwell had hired a Black OC it would have been racist. It would not have been a racism that bothered me, particularly. If I were the HC I might look for Polish Catholic coaches to assist me. (We are terribly under represented in the NFL coaching world.)

However, if I said that 'I wanted to hire a group of men that might not have gotten the chance', and then gone out and hired only Polish Catholics for OC, DC, assitant HC and game coordinator (whatever that is), not to mention a few other Polish Catholic coaches, there would have been untold reporters asking me about illegal hiring practices.

As far as successful goes, I think the coaching dynamics inside the clubhouse would have a brain trust of 4-5 Black men sitting around, amazed at how far racial equality had taken them. More, how much they had to work together to insure that each other was a success, not only for their team, but only for the perceived effect it would have for their race. It would have been in a word, 'interesting'.

I find it sad that the vast majority of Lionbacker would not call out, or at least acknowledge, racist behavior. And honestly, I really hoped to see the headline, 'Now that the Lions have gone Black, can they ever go back?' Sadly, it looks like that won't be written any time soon.

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


Last edited by TruckinMack on January 21st, 2014, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.



January 21st, 2014, 1:00 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2671
Post Re: Is it racist?
We didn't bet on something silly like if it's going to snow tomorrow, or who is going to win the Superbowl.

You claimed Jim Caldwell is a racist, and that both Ron Prince and Teryl Austin are unqualified for their jobs, and were only hired because they were black. That's a very serious acquisition, and if true, would've been an enormous knock on Caldwell's character.

But that wasn't the case, and the fact that you thought it so only reflects on you a person -- that is to say, a terrible person. In other words, people like you literally sicken me.


January 21st, 2014, 1:00 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1202
Post Re: Is it racist?
Blueskies wrote:
We didn't bet on something silly like if it's going to snow tomorrow, or who is going to win the Superbowl.

You claimed Jim Caldwell is a racist, and that both Ron Prince and Teryl Austin are unqualified for their jobs, and were only hired because they were black. That's a very serious acquisition, and if true, would've been an enormous knock on Caldwell's character.

But that wasn't the case, and the fact that you thought it so only reflects on you a person -- that is to say, a terrible person. In other words, people like you literally sicken me.

Drama queen, lying emo at that. How sick and twisted do you have to be, how perverted your thought processes (or whatever passes for thought) to interpret someone's words in anyway that offends you, and then report your interpretation as fact?

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


January 21st, 2014, 1:07 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2671
Post Re: Is it racist?
What interpretation? That's what you said.

You want to hide behind your wording and say you meant something else -- fine, be a coward. I think every other poster on this board would agree with my characterization of your position outside of War4Christ and Sly.


January 21st, 2014, 1:24 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9466
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Is it racist?
TruckinMack wrote:
I find it sad that the vast majority of Lionbacker would not call out, or at least acknowledge, racist behavior. And honestly, I really hoped to see the headline, 'Now that the Lions have gone Black, can they ever go back?' Sadly, it looks like that won't be written any time soon.


Who is going to "acknowledge" a racist behavior that doesn't exist in the first place? I'm glad the vast majority on this board had an open mind to see what Caldwell did before stirring things up when that was uncalled for and as it turned out.

I don't ever recall this line of thinking being questioned when the vast majority of our previous 25 head coaches had an all white "senior coaching" staff. hummmm.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


January 21st, 2014, 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1202
Post Re: Is it racist?
Pablo wrote:
TruckinMack wrote:
I find it sad that the vast majority of Lionbacker would not call out, or at least acknowledge, racist behavior. And honestly, I really hoped to see the headline, 'Now that the Lions have gone Black, can they ever go back?' Sadly, it looks like that won't be written any time soon.


Who is going to "acknowledge" a racist behavior that doesn't exist in the first place? I'm glad the vast majority on this board had an open mind to see what Caldwell did before stirring things up when that was uncalled for and as it turned out.

I don't ever recall this line of thinking being questioned when the vast majority of our previous 25 head coaches had an all white "senior coaching" staff. hummmm.

You are correct. It didn't occur to me until about the time when I posted and discovered that the Seahawks and Bronco's have no Black coach in the category of HC, Asst HC, OC or DC. I was stunned and also found it to be racist. And again, not a brand of racism that I particularly care about. It is what it is. Coaches look for people they are comfortable being around. Good for Caldwell that it appears he is comfortable having white coaches in management.

Sadly, Lionbacker, by and large, went bat poop crazy, seeing the bruising of their delicate emotions. They didn't want to think about it. They wanted to be offended, angry, scream hate, and slam insults. But think? Apparently a bit much to ask.

I find the hostility especially silly in light of the 'Kick Sly off of Lionbacker for being Hostile' thread. Please, the next time someone posits something, think about it. Don't slam the pedal to Nuclear Armageddon. - Well, anyone but you BS. You can keep hyperventilating, besides I think you might be my hero.

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


January 21st, 2014, 2:39 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1202
Post Re: Is it racist?
Blueskies wrote:
What interpretation? That's what you said.

You want to hide behind your wording and say you meant something else -- fine, be a coward. I think every other poster on this board would agree with my characterization of your position outside of War4Christ and Sly.


TruckinMack wrote:
My question is, 'Is it racist to mandate a mono-Chrome brain trust?' Would it be racist of Caldwell to have a skin color test in the hiring of management level coaches?

Now that you've answered that question, and are properly irritated, take a look at the management level coaches of Seattle and Denver.

Is it racist, or is it is what it is, just hiring people they are comfortable being around?

Have at it BS. Cry. Stamp your feet. Scream. Rock back and forth with tears streaming down your face. None of that will change my words or my intent. That you, and others, chose to be offended is your problem. I especially like your 'All my friends agree with me' approach. Are you really a grown male, cuz that sounds a lot like something a 14 year old girl might say.

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


January 21st, 2014, 2:51 pm
Profile
Player of the Year - Defense

Joined: September 13th, 2007, 12:43 pm
Posts: 2671
Post Re: Is it racist?
Why are you being a coward? Stand up for what you believe in. Don't try to reframe what you said. Here I'll break it down for you:

Quote:
I've posited that Kippy Brown or Sherman Smith will be the Lions next OC. I made this guess because....2) Jim Caldwell has so far hired Teryl Austin as DC, and Ron Prince as assistant HC, both of whom are Black.

...

Caldwell can fool me by hiring a White guy.


Translation: Jim Caldwell only hired Austin and Prince because they're black. I think he's going to hire another black guy to be his OC, too, because he's racist and only wants other black dudes in upper management positions. If he doesn't, I will be shocked.

EDIT: Had you been right, you would've said, "See? Caldwell is racist. He only wants other black dudes in top coaching spots on this team."


January 21st, 2014, 2:55 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1202
Post Re: Is it racist?
LOL. You 'forgot'
Quote:
#3) Caldwell said as much in his press conference that he plans to give 'certain' coaches a chance to coach who might not have had that opportunity before.

Yep, I thought Caldwell would hire a Black OC.
Nope, I never said Brown or Smith were unqualified.
Yep, it looked to me like Caldwell had a color test for upper management coaches (due to his words and deeds).
Yep, I would have called him a racist if he did so, though again, not a type of racism I particularly care about.

All in all I wish he had hired a Black OC. I think it would have been more interesting... if racist.

So what is your point besides enjoying bundled panties? 'People can act racist all day long. They aren't racist until you say so?'

Or maybe, 'You have sinned against God and the Church for even asking such a question!"

Or, 'My vag is all sandy. I need some ointment.'

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


January 21st, 2014, 3:23 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9466
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Is it racist?
TruckinMack, I don't see the majority of Lionbacker being hostile. Quite the opposite. And honestly, if you preface a thread with "racist" - I'd hope you realize that is going to create an emotional response in some.

People are stating that people hire other that they are "comfortable" around. Well I'm sorry, the NFL is a diverse group - you have whites lined up next to blacks all over the field. The coaching ranks are becoming more and more diverse. The NFL is about winning period, and winning is color blind. If I'm a head coach in the NFL, I'm "comfortable" hiring whomever gives me the best chance to win - end of story.

Was Millen a better GM than Mayhew because he was white? Most white fans will emphatically answer "hell no". Is Mayhew a better GM than Millen because he is black? No. Regardless of whatever labels you want to place on him, individually he is simply much better.

Caldwell's mantra is "win now". He'd be a fool to put together a coaching staff that is anything less than one that can help him accomplish that goal. From what I've heard from him, he certainly sounds smart enough to understand that.

The offensive thinking was centered around the fact that he hired a black DC and then a huge leap to he is going to hire a black OC because of his skin color and that he is racist. This, despite the fact that he both retained and hired white coaches already, thus giving ample evidence to the contrary. In addition, if you go back to Indy his OC (Tom Moore) was white, as was his DC (Larry Coyer).

Sorry if I didn't support the conclusion you were jumping too, but his past and present moves all support the thinking contrary to what you proposed and I based my thinking on empirical evidence rather than some lose threads of conjuncture you were trying to connect to support your potential "racist" claims. If that makes me "politically correct", than I'm more than happy to be Mr. PC!

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


January 21st, 2014, 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1202
Post Re: Is it racist?
Pablo wrote:
TruckinMack, I don't see the majority of Lionbacker being hostile. Quite the opposite. And honestly, if you preface a thread with "racist" - I'd hope you realize that is going to create an emotional response in some.

You are correct Pablo. In reviewing the responses, only BS has been rudely, emotionally hostile. Con2 at worst was somewhat peevish. For that I owe the majority of Lionbacker an apology and a thanks. You've kept the discussion civil.

BS. You can eat a penis.

BTW: I find it especially amusing that no one except BS was willing to take the bet, likely because everyone else thought that, indeed, Caldwell was about to hire a Black OC.

Pablo wrote:
Sorry if I didn't support the conclusion you were jumping too, but his past and present moves all support the thinking contrary to what you proposed and I based my thinking on empirical evidence rather than some lose threads of conjuncture you were trying to connect to support your potential "racist" claims. If that makes me "politically correct", than I'm more than happy to be Mr. PC!

Now you are giving me the chuckles. I like the bit about 'your conclusion was based on empirical evidence, while mine was on loose conjecture'. Please write 'empirical' again. It makes you sound so professorial.

Your conclusion (or is that conjecture?) is based on the same empirical evidence that I was using. It turns out that my conjecture (conclusion) was wrong. I can live with that. I could have lived with being right. Would you have conceded the point if Caldwell had hired a Black coach as OC, or would you have ignored that empirical evidence?

If you were so certain that I was wrong, why not take the bet? You could have had me hero worshiping for the next 2 months. Because you knew just like I did that Caldwell was going to hire a Black OC. Turns out we were both wrong.

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


January 21st, 2014, 4:30 pm
Profile
Lionbacker Rehab Guru
User avatar

Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:08 pm
Posts: 1202
Post Re: Is it racist?
Debt payment has begun.

_________________
Climate Change - happening every second, of every minute of every day ever since the world was created. Needless to say it's man's fault.


January 21st, 2014, 7:10 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9466
Location: Dallas
Post Re: Is it racist?
TruckinMack wrote:
Now you are giving me the chuckles. I like the bit about 'your conclusion was based on empirical evidence, while mine was on loose conjecture'. Please write 'empirical' again. It makes you sound so professorial.


Simple, the "empirical" evidence is the man's history in hiring coaches over the years which from what I've seen never have shown any racism. This included his staff from his first head coaching gig in Indy and the staff he was assembling in Detroit (both retained coaches and new hires) as I pointed out earlier.

Your "conjecture" was based on one hire (the DC) and rumors about who they might hire as the OC, some of whom were minority candidates. Not much to go on there.

When coming to a "conclusion", it helps to have a large enough sample size to draw an accurate conclusion.

TruckinMack wrote:
If you were so certain that I was wrong, why not take the bet? You could have had me hero worshiping for the next 2 months. Because you knew just like I did that Caldwell was going to hire a Black OC. Turns out we were both wrong.


First, if you have followed me here you know I'm not into worshipping... LOL

Second, even if he did hire a black DC, that didn't prove your underlying assumption that he did so because he was a racist.

Third, one person had already taken your bait, therefore the bet was equal - one changed signature or another. If two of us took the bet your return was now doubled since two of us would have to have to change our sigs.

Finally, I've not done a sig bet on this site before, I'll leave that up to others who seem more into that sort of thing. I know I'm often wrong, I don't need to look at my signature for "X" number of months to tell me that. :twisted:

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


January 21st, 2014, 9:05 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2281
Post Re: Is it racist?
ITT: Mack posts a weird question Implying he thinks Caldwell might be racist, and that the hire of Minority coach as OC could somehow "prove it".

Blueskies over-reacts a little bit, but takes the bet.

TruckinMack Trolls Blueskies (though not intentionally so not sure it qualifies as trolling)

Pablo points out (correctly) that Caldwells track record does not support the assumption made by TM, despite Caldwells vague comment about "giving coaches that havent had the chance the opportunity".

Caldwell follows thru on that vague comment wonderfully by hiring 2 Coordinators that have never been NFL Coordinators while neither was a "popular option" for most Coordinator openings.

TM continues to troll BS with fancy new sig.

Everyone else on LB Shakes their heads at the antics.


January 22nd, 2014, 4:12 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post Re: Is it racist?
I HATE Obama, so therefore, I am racist. No other evidence is necessary. Carry on. :D

_________________
Image


January 22nd, 2014, 7:25 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.