View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 2:35 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Interesting but potentially catastrophic if true 
QB Coach

Post Interesting but potentially catastrophic if true
Here is an article that came across my FAITHbook page, and it was concerning seismic activity in Yellowstone as of 2/1/14.

I am only forwarding for discussion, I have no idea what this means, and whether or not it's on major media outlets. Nothing has come across on radio that I've heard of. Thoughts?

http://www.preppersworldusa.com/2014/02 ... onal-park/

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

February 6th, 2014, 2:13 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: Interesting but potentially catastrophic if true
If the super volcano goes it's all over. At that point I'd be glad to live close to the blast and die quickly rather than live in Asia and suffer starvation.

February 6th, 2014, 2:30 pm
QB Coach

what qualifies as a "super" volcano, and why would it be all over? whats the difference between that and Mt. St. Helen's

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

February 6th, 2014, 2:31 pm
Modmin Dude

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Here is an article that came across my FAITHbook page, and it was concerning seismic activity in Yellowstone as of 2/1/14.

I am only forwarding for discussion, I have no idea what this means, and whether or not it's on major media outlets. Nothing has come across on radio that I've heard of. Thoughts?

http://www.preppersworldusa.com/2014/02 ... onal-park/

With respect, it is that difficult for you to search Bing or Google prior to post this stuff?

Wired wrote:
The Yellowstone Volcano Observatory had this to say about the borehole B944 seismometer:

The [Yellowstone eruption coming] story appears to be based on a misinterpretation of public “webicorders”, which are graphics depicting seismic data, on the University of Utah Seismographic Station (UUSS) web site (UU operates the Yellowstone Seismic Network). A borehole seismometer called “B944″, located near the West Thumb region of the Park, has been malfunctioning in recent weeks with strong bursts of electronic noise contaminating its data. These noise bursts appear as wild excursions on the B944 webicorders that can appear alarming to the inexperienced eye.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2014/ ... one-erupt/

February 6th, 2014, 2:32 pm
QB Coach

No actually I didn't even think to run it through that, should I have done snopes too? I'm not being smart about it, I am seriously asking. I took a look at the link, read through it, and then copied and pasted. I didn't even think to run it through a search engine as the article was right there.

February 6th, 2014, 2:35 pm
Modmin Dude

WarEr4Christ wrote:
what qualifies as a "super" volcano, and why would it be all over? whats the difference between that and Mt. St. Helen's

Quote:
A supervolcano is any volcano capable of producing a volcanic eruption with an ejecta volume greater than 1,000 km3 (240 cu mi). This is thousands of times larger than normal volcanic eruptions.[1] Supervolcanoes can occur either when magma in the mantle rises into the crust from a hotspot but is unable to break through the crust, thus pressure builds in a large and growing magma pool until the crust is unable to contain the pressure (this is the case for the Yellowstone Caldera), but they can also form at convergent plate boundaries (for example, Toba).
Although there are only a handful of Quaternary supervolcanoes, supervolcanic eruptions typically cover huge areas with lava and volcanic ash and cause a long-lasting change to weather (such as the triggering of a small ice age) sufficient to threaten species with extinction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supervolcano

February 6th, 2014, 2:35 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The probability of one occurring during our lifetime is exceedingly small, but I suppose it'll happen eventually.

February 6th, 2014, 2:36 pm
Modmin Dude

WarEr4Christ wrote:
No actually I didn't even think to run it through that, should I have done snopes too? I'm not being smart about it, I am seriously asking. I took a look at the link, read through it, and then copied and pasted. I didn't even think to run it through a search engine as the article was right there.
And the article was posted on 'PreppersWorldUSA', which sounds to me like a bunch of 'Doomsday Prepper' type peeps which would in turn lead me to doing a proper search and looking at more reputable sources.

February 6th, 2014, 2:38 pm
QB Coach

:oops:

Yeah I didn't even catch that. ](*,) ](*,)

I'm normally pretty thorough when I look at the articles and decide whether or not to regurgitate it, but this one got by me! Dang it!

Made me look like an idiot

February 6th, 2014, 2:41 pm
QB Coach

How do you delete the topic...

February 6th, 2014, 2:44 pm
Modmin Dude

WarEr4Christ wrote:

Ask a Mod/Admin nicely :wink:

Or we can just lock it....

February 6th, 2014, 2:52 pm
RIP Killer

TheRealWags wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:

Ask a Mod/Admin nicely :wink:

Or we can just lock it....

Just lock it, I'm sure I'm going to want to refer back to this post at some point...

February 6th, 2014, 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 12 posts ]