View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 21st, 2014, 12:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Planet X: discussion 
QB Coach

Post Planet X: discussion
A friend of mine who is MUCH more well versed, and openly looks for things of interest like these, posted it on FB. I can't substantiate it, and I'm not sure if I totally understand what he's saying. However, it mixes in a little bit of Scripture references with NASA findings, and other studies, that I thought it might interest some of you guys and wanted to know your thoughts.

He's not a close friend by any means, so any crackpot comments will not offend me. As I said, I thought this might INTEREST (<-emphasis) some of you who enjoy the sciences, and astronomy. Here goes nothing...

Okay, thought time again today. In Revelation 12:3 there's listed a figurative picture of Satan as a dragon having 7 heads, 10 corns and 7 crowns. Given what I know of PlanetX/Nibiru/Planet-7x given by Bossard and others who have either found or know about where PlanetX is, as well as the many numerous historical accounts of a planet in the sky "like a red dragon" that swings through our system every ~325 years, coupled with the Sept 23rd, 2017 astronomical event that matches up with Rev 12:1-2, one has to wonder if the red dragon dragon spoken of here will also be displayed in the heavens as a sign in much the same way as the virgin in 12:1-2.

IE, the "Virgo Clothed" celestial event. If you don't know what that is, search for it on Google. It's a very interesting celestial event. Anyhow, if that's coming in the next couple of years and matches up to Rev12:1-2, then one has to assume that it will be joined, or followed, by the "red dragon". Now, with PlanetX being recorded all throughout history as actually existing (although Nasa is doing their level best to cover up that fact for some reason) and it's overdue for a visit to our planet again (the last sighting of PlanetX was in 1697) one has to wonder if it's arrival wouldn't by chance coincide with this "Virgo Clothed" constellation due to hit us in 2017.

If that's true, and if Bossard's work (as well as several others) is right, then the arrival of this planet (theorized to be bigger than Jupiter, and 7x's the size of Earth) will not only usher in at least two of the trumpet judgments, but also will fulfill part of Rev 12 in the process. Now, one last thing to chew on. If all this proves out as I've stated above, isn't it interesting that God already put all this stuff into motion to happen at precise specific times in history, and he did it on the very day the foundations of Earth were laid even though it'd be nearly 6000+ years before any of these events would unfold?

Kinda cool, huh?

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

April 2nd, 2014, 12:34 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Planet X: discussion
Here are some of the comments. It sounds like this friend of mine is a "6000" year guy....

RB: red dwarf. It was found by NASA's Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) even though they scrubbed it from the data and photoshopped it out of the results. It's there and incoming. BTW it perturbed earth orbit in 2006 or 2008 when it first enter the solar system and we went through it's dark matter wake (Orr).

AP: He is pretty awesome. Coincidentally, this is fresh in my mind from the ladies' Daniel study lesson we'll be reviewing tonight:
10 I make known the end from the beginning,from ancient times, what is still to come.I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please.’11 From the east I summon a bird of prey; from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.What I have said, that I will bring about;
what I have planned, that I will do. Isaiah 46:10-11

SL: RB, it's still perturbing Earth's orbit. Hence our increase in earthquakes over the last period of years. However, it wasn't the dark matter wake we passed through since dark matter doesn't exist (that's just a horrible theory used by evolutionists to explain the universe as it stands) but rather we connected with it briefly several times along the gigantic threads of energy (gravity, electricity, magnetism, etc) that run throughout the solar system. Research "Electric Universe" for a better explanation

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

April 2nd, 2014, 12:44 pm
QB Coach

Here's the google reference to "Virgo Clothed". I chose the top one, and Bethlehem Star project, I've mentioned here before....

http://endtimesforecaster.blogspot.com/ ... h-sun.html

April 2nd, 2014, 12:47 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

So Nibiru is basically nonsense that originates from the work of Zecharia Sitchin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zecharia_Sitchin

Sitchin was one of the first people to advocate for the idea of humans originating from aliens -- ancient aliens visited earth, mated with primates, blah blah blah...He wrote a lot of books on the subject, claiming that he was getting his ideas from ancient Sumerian tablets. But it turns out he basically made everything up.

If you read one book this year W4C (that isn't the bible), I would encourage you to read The Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan. He wrote it on his deathbed, and while he was an atheist, the book isn't an attack on religion, but rather on crap like this. Sagan was afraid that people's interest in crap like Nibiru, psychics, faith healing, alien abductions, etc. would ultimately doom us to relive the dark ages:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Demon-Haunted ... 0345409469

April 2nd, 2014, 1:00 pm
Modmin Dude

Is this the 'Nibiru' you're referring to?
Quote:
Nibiru (Babylonian astronomy)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nibiru (also transliterated Neberu, Nebiru) is a term in the Akkadian language, translating to "crossing" or "point of transition", especially of rivers,[1] i.e. river crossings or ferry-boats. In Babylonian astronomy, Nibiru (in cuneiform spelled dné-bé-ru or MULni-bi-rum) is a term of the highest point of the ecliptic, i.e. the point of summer solstice, and its associated constellation.

As the highest point in the paths of the planets, Nibiru was considered the seat of the summus deus who pastures the stars like sheep, in Babylon identified with Marduk. The establishment of the nibiru point is described in tablet 5 of the creation epic Enûma Eliš; “When Marduk fixed the locations (manzazu) of Nibiru, Enlil and Ea in the sky".[2] The Enuma Elish states:
Nibiru is [Marduk's] star, which he made appear in the heavens... [130-131] The stars of heaven, let him [Nibiru] set their course; let him shepherd all the gods like sheep.[3]

This interpretation of Marduk as the ruler of the cosmos has been suggested by some authors to imply an early monotheist tendency in Babylonian religion.[4][5]

Nibiru is described more closely on a complete cuneiform tablet:[6]
Nibiru, which is said to have occupied the passageways of heaven and earth, because everyone above and below asks Nibiru if they cannot find the passage. Nibiru is Marduk's star which the gods in heaven caused to be visible. Nibiru stands as a post at the turning point. The others say of Nibiru the post: "The one who crosses the middle of the sea (Tiamat) without calm, may his name be Nibiru, for he takes up the center of it". The path of the stars of the sky should be kept unchanged.

Böhl calls the text "objectively the most difficult passage, although it has been handed down in its entirety. The Nibiru tablet does not provide any essential help for the clarification."[7]

In the enumerations, Nibiru is mentioned at different astronomical locations in conjunction with the positions of stars and planets,[2] mostly as the "star of Marduk", however, the various stars or planets were not subject to any fixed interpretation. For example, the "star of Ea" was described at various "revelation spots" including Vela, Fomalhaut, and Venus. Similar interpretations were made for the other "stars of the gods", so multiple celestial coordinates must be considered.[2] Nibiru has been associated with the area of Libra: The Nibiru constellation rose in the month of Tišritum, around autumnal equinox, however Nibiru was also a name for the planet Jupiter[8] when observed in the month of Tišritum. In the MUL.APIN, Nibiru is identified as Jupiter:
When the stars of Enlil have been finished, one big star – although its light is dim – divides the sky in half and stands there: that is, the star of Marduk (MUL dAMAR.UD), Nibiru (né-bé-ru), Jupiter (MULSAG.ME.GAR); it keeps changing its position and crosses the sky.

Conversely, Tablets K.6174:9’ and K.12769:6’ refer to it as Mercury: "If Mercury (MULUDU.IDIM.GU4) divides the sky and stands there, [its name] is Nibiru."[3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_(Ba ... _astronomy)
I also found this interesting on the same Wiki page:
Quote:
Part of a series on
Ancient Mesopotamian religion

Primordial beings[show]
Seven gods who decree[hide]
Four primary Anu Enlil Ki Enki
Three sky Ishtar Sin Sama

The great gods[show]
Demigods & heroes[show]
Spirits & monsters[show]
Tales from Babylon[show]
Other traditions
Arabian Levantine Near Eastern religions
7 gods decree....7 headed beast/creature/devil/satan...hmmm could it be that Revelation may have some Bablonian/Ancient Mesopotamian religious aspects.....

April 2nd, 2014, 1:07 pm
Modmin Dude

Space.com wrote:
Reference:
Nibiru: The Nonexistent Planet
by Nola Taylor Redd, SPACE.com Contributor | May 04, 2012 02:51pm ET

Linked to the close of the Mayan calendar, a variety of rumors have spread regarding ways the world could end in 2012. One popular contender is Nibiru, a supposed planet that some claim will collide with Earth at the end of the year. But despite the buzz, there is no scientific evidence supporting the alleged planet's existence. [VIDEO: 12-21-2012 - Just Another Day]

Nibiru has been linked to NASA by various bloggers, and is also sometimes referred to or confused with Planet X, another supposed world for which there is no evidence.

Because of the Nibiru NASA connection that’s been claimed, the space agency put out a statement to say there is no Nibiru or Planet X coming to destroy Earth in 2012. What follows below is the true science and history of these supposed rogue planets, with reference to a real object, Comet Elenin, that somehow got mixed up in the whole mess.

The origins of the Nibiru myth

The story began in 1976, when Zecharia Sitchin wrote "The Twelfth Planet," a book which used Stitchin's own unique translation of Sumerian cuneiform to identify a planet, Nibiru, orbiting the sun every 3,600 years. Several years later, Nancy Lieder, a self-described psychic, announced that the aliens she claimed to channel had warned her this planet would collide with Earth in 2003. After a collision-free year, the date was moved back to 2012, where it was linked to the close of the Mayan long-count period. [VIDEO: End of Days in 2012? NASA Scientist Says No]

When Comet Elenin appeared in 2011, many were concerned that it was the mysterious planet in disguise, despite the fact that planets and comets both appear different under a telescope (a comet has a gas atmosphere [coma] and a tail, while a planet does not).

But instead of slamming into the Earth, the comet strayed too close to the sun and broke into pieces. The leftover fragments continued on their path to the outer solar system for the next 12,000 years, still bits of comet and not a more cohesive planet.

Evidence for Nibiru?

Proponents of the fictitious planet note that, in 1984, a scientific paper was published in the Astrophysical Journal Letters which discussed several infrared sources with "no counterparts" that turned up in a survey of the sky. Such surveys are common in astronomy, and usually involve follow-ups that individually detail the more interesting sources. In the follow-up of the 1984 survey, most of the sources turned out to be distant galaxies. None were identified as planets. Both papers are available to the public.

A planet with an orbit so eccentric that it took 3,600 years to orbit the sun would create instabilities inside of the 4.5 billion year old solar system. After only a few trips, its gravity would have significantly disrupted the other planets, while feeling a responding push from those planets that would have changed its orbit significantly.

The easiest and most verifiable piece of evidence arguing against the existence of the theoretical planet can be performed by anyone - according to the information available, a planet with a 3,600 orbit that is due to impact Earth in 2012 should be available to the naked eye. Easily-performed calculations show that by April 2012, it would be brighter than the faintest stars viewed from a city, and almost as bright as Mars at its dimmest. This would make it visible to astronomers everywhere.

The most common rebuttal to this is the cry of conspiracy theory. However, there are hundreds of thousands of amateur astronomers around the world, each with their own telescope. On top of that, most of the thousands of professional astronomers are linked, not to the government, but to private universities.

David Morrison, the Senior Scientist of the NASA Astrobiology Institute, pointed out that "NASA and the government get most of their information from these outside astronomers, not the other way around."

Between the amateur and professional astronomers, there are plenty of people who would have noticed a new star in the sky.

Nothing to fear

Doomsday reports across the internet frequently incite fear, but it's interesting to note they are nothing new. People have been decrying the end of the world for hundreds of years, to no avail.

Rumors spread like wildfire on the internet, but the same technology can make it easier than ever to delve into the scientific evidence about such events.

— Nola Taylor Redd

http://www.space.com/15551-nibiru.html

April 2nd, 2014, 1:16 pm
3rd Round Selection

TheRealWags wrote:
Quote:

Nibiru (also transliterated Neberu, Nebiru) is a term in the Akkadian language, translating to "crossing" or "point of transition", especially of rivers,[1] i.e. river crossings or ferry-boats. In Babylonian astronomy, Nibiru (in cuneiform spelled dné-bé-ru or MULni-bi-rum) is a term of the highest point of the ecliptic, i.e. the point of summer solstice, and its associated constellation.

As the highest point in the paths of the planets, Nibiru was considered the seat of the summus deus who pastures the stars like sheep, in Babylon identified with Marduk. The establishment of the nibiru point is described in tablet 5 of the creation epic Enûma Eliš; “When Marduk fixed the locations (manzazu) of Nibiru, Enlil and Ea in the sky".[2] The Enuma Elish states:
Nibiru is [Marduk's] star, which he made appear in the heavens... [130-131] The stars of heaven, let him [Nibiru] set their course; let him shepherd all the gods like sheep.[3]

This interpretation of Marduk as the ruler of the cosmos has been suggested by some authors to imply an early monotheist tendency in Babylonian religion.[4][5]

Nibiru, which is said to have occupied the passageways of heaven and earth, because everyone above and below asks Nibiru if they cannot find the passage. Nibiru is Marduk's star which the gods in heaven caused to be visible. Nibiru stands as a post at the turning point. The others say of Nibiru the post: "The one who crosses the middle of the sea (Tiamat) without calm, may his name be Nibiru, for he takes up the center of it". The path of the stars of the sky should be kept unchanged.

Böhl calls the text "objectively the most difficult passage, although it has been handed down in its entirety. The Nibiru tablet does not provide any essential help for the clarification."[7]

In the enumerations, Nibiru is mentioned at different astronomical locations in conjunction with the positions of stars and planets,[2] mostly as the "star of Marduk", however, the various stars or planets were not subject to any fixed interpretation. For example, the "star of Ea" was described at various "revelation spots" including Vela, Fomalhaut, and Venus. Similar interpretations were made for the other "stars of the gods", so multiple celestial coordinates must be considered.[2] Nibiru has been associated with the area of Libra: The Nibiru constellation rose in the month of Tišritum, around autumnal equinox, however Nibiru was also a name for the planet Jupiter[8] when observed in the month of Tišritum. In the MUL.APIN, Nibiru is identified as Jupiter:
When the stars of Enlil have been finished, one big star – although its light is dim – divides the sky in half and stands there: that is, the star of Marduk (MUL dAMAR.UD), Nibiru (né-bé-ru), Jupiter (MULSAG.ME.GAR); it keeps changing its position and crosses the sky.

Conversely, Tablets K.6174:9’ and K.12769:6’ refer to it as Mercury: "If Mercury (MULUDU.IDIM.GU4) divides the sky and stands there, [its name] is Nibiru."[3

Quote:
Part of a series on

Primordial beings[show]

The great gods[show]
Demigods & heroes[show]
Spirits & monsters[show]
Tales from Babylon[show]
Other traditions
7 gods decree....7 headed beast/creature/devil/satan...hmmm could it be that Revelation may have some Bablonian/Ancient Mesopotamian religious aspects.....

You do realize that nearly all of the major religions, both modern and ancient share many aspects right? Heck the story of Jesus didn't even start with Jesus...so much so that there are those who theorize that the true start of Judaism was a sect of Egyptian "Heretics".

To illustrate, the Egyptian god Ra:

Was born from a virgin named Meri
His father (though not biological obviously) was called Jo-Sep
His father was of royal descent
His birth was heralded by a star
His birth was witnessed by Shepherds
King Herut tried to have him killed
He was 30 when baptized
The man who baptized him was beheaded
He had 12 disciples
He performed miracles (walked on water, healed the sick, etc...)
He gave a sermon on the mount
He was crucified, buried in a tomb and resurrected 3 days later

As much as most Christians hate to acknowledge this fact (and it is absolutely fact) the ancient Egyptian religion predates Christ by over 4000 years...seems like one hell of a coincidence to me.

Though it doesn't perturb me nearly as much as the fact that the Christians and Muslims have been slaughtering each other for thousands of years in the name of their respective gods when in reality (and for some reason no one ever likes to mention this) IT'S THE SAME DAMN GOD!!!! While Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob founded Judaism, Muhammad was a descendant of Ishmael and while the teachings are different the god of both religions is in reality, Yahweh. (which is also why I chuckle when people complain about folks saying "god damn" and the like claiming they are "taking the lords name in vain" when it's well known that the very reason he came to be called "the lord" and "god" was actually to avoid doing exactly that by not using his true name)

April 2nd, 2014, 2:46 pm
Modmin Dude

Rob_Shadows wrote:
You do realize that nearly all of the major religions, both modern and ancient share many aspects right? Heck the story of Jesus didn't even start with Jesus...so much so that there are those who theorize that the true start of Judaism was a sect of Egyptian "Heretics".
Trust me, I know, which is part of the reason I do not subscribe to these belief systems.

April 2nd, 2014, 2:55 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

Rob_Shadows wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Part of a series on

Primordial beings[show]

The great gods[show]
Demigods & heroes[show]
Spirits & monsters[show]
Tales from Babylon[show]
Other traditions

To illustrate, the Egyptian god Ra:

Was born from a virgin named Meri
His father (though not biological obviously) was called Jo-Sep
His father was of royal descent
His birth was heralded by a star
His birth was witnessed by Shepherds
King Herut tried to have him killed
He was 30 when baptized
The man who baptized him was beheaded
He had 12 disciples
He performed miracles (walked on water, healed the sick, etc...)
He gave a sermon on the mount
He was crucified, buried in a tomb and resurrected 3 days later

As much as most Christians hate to acknowledge this fact (and it is absolutely fact) the ancient Egyptian religion predates Christ by over 4000 years...seems like one hell of a coincidence to me.

Though it doesn't perturb me nearly as much as the fact that the Christians and Muslims have been slaughtering each other for thousands of years in the name of their respective gods when in reality (and for some reason no one ever likes to mention this) IT'S THE SAME DAMN GOD!!!! While Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob founded Judaism, Muhammad was a descendant of Ishmael and while the teachings are different the god of both religions is in reality, Yahweh. (which is also why I chuckle when people complain about folks saying "god damn" and the like claiming they are "taking the lords name in vain" when it's well known that the very reason he came to be called "the lord" and "god" was actually to avoid doing exactly that by not using his true name)

wwaaaaait....Thast wasn't Ra....wasnt that the story of Anubis?

in fairness it's been over 2 decades since I studied Egyptian mythology...but im pretty sure thats who ya meant!

April 2nd, 2014, 3:30 pm
QB Coach

Can you fellas do me a favor? There are MANY of you, one of me, and it's already overwhelming, so give me some time. I want to answer Wags and Robs post first, but that is going to go off topic to show the history first, is that okay? Blue, what was the name of the book? I will check into it, and get back to you. Not sure how well I'll tolerate it, because I've been told that Sagan was quite few burgers short of a happy meal, but then again what I want to share to Wags and Rob will qualify to that regard too. So give me a little leniency and space to digest it please. In return, will you read a book too? Less than 200 pages, 29 separate articles, nothing longer than 1500 words each?

I will also attempt to make contact with the author of the above posts on FB to see if I can draw him in here. He's quite the introvert but he may be interested in engaging in a debate style question, but again, keep in mind there are SEVERAL of you, and few BBBAC who are willing to engage in conversation. Thanks.

I'll wait for your responses.

April 2nd, 2014, 3:41 pm
Modmin Dude

WarEr4Christ wrote:
Can you fellas do me a favor? There are MANY of you, one of me, and it's already overwhelming, so give me some time. I want to answer Wags and Robs post first, but that is going to go off topic to show the history first, is that okay? Blue, what was the name of the book? I will check into it, and get back to you. Not sure how well I'll tolerate it, because I've been told that Sagan was quite few burgers short of a happy meal, but then again what I want to share to Wags and Rob will qualify to that regard too. So give me a little leniency and space to digest it please. In return, will you read a book too? Less than 200 pages, 29 separate articles, nothing longer than 1500 words each?

I will also attempt to make contact with the author of the above posts on FB to see if I can draw him in here. He's quite the introvert but he may be interested in engaging in a debate style question, but again, keep in mind there are SEVERAL of you, and few BBBAC who are willing to engage in conversation. Thanks.

Do what ya gotta do man, we'll be here when the responses are ready :wink:

April 2nd, 2014, 4:14 pm
3rd Round Selection

WarEr4Christ wrote:

I'm in no hurry, I honestly almost forgot about this place for a while there after being so active back in the day. Too many good people have left :( (or...at least fun to talk to).

And Joe, after looking it up we were both wrong it was Horus.

April 2nd, 2014, 5:24 pm
QB Coach

Ok, I'm developing it.....

I've spoke with Steve, and he's interested in stopping in, so we'll see if he does.

April 2nd, 2014, 6:27 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

The whole "Christianity was stolen from Egyptian religions" doesn't really hold up. It's based on the work of a few archaeologists, but they aren't taken seriously.

But -- the similarities between Jesus and Mithra, the Persian god, are uncanny, even to the point where early Christians acknowledged it, claiming that Mithra worshipers stole their ideas. Perhaps they did, who really knows? Ultimately I don't find the similarities between Christianity and other religions so striking that it would get me to reject Christianity if I believed in the first place:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithras_in ... ef_systems

April 3rd, 2014, 8:57 am
QB Coach

Fella’s:
As I said yesterday, I need to deviate from the topic a little bit in order to answer your questions. The questions that you’ve put forth several times all revolve around the legends and stories of similar “gods” and Christ stories, amongst the ancient religions on through to some today. What I would like to do is show you via well documented accounts, albeit Scripture, that these accounts originate from one source, and branch off as people groups begin to assemble in different portions of the world.
By way of historical record, I would like share that the Jews are very well versed in their lineage because their spiritual lives depended upon it. Because of the covenant that God has with their people, and according to their religious laws, no one can be a spiritual leader, unless he comes from a particular tribe. With that being the case, much effort has been put into and funded, in verifying the lineages of families, in order to maintain the purity of those requirements. Even after World War II, when Hitler did his best to eradicate the Jews from the Earth, including the destruction of records, birth and death information, and lineages, there were enough pieces of evidence to trace it back to the lines needed. It is of vital importance to them, so they approach this with great seriousness.
Because we know the Jews are very determined in this aspect, we can follow the family lines spoken of in the Bible, and know that they are accurate, because a people who put such value in the purity of those lines, have put the effort into it. Thank you for challenging me to do this research, and I hope it provides the answers you are looking for. So let’s begin….
In Genesis 5, we have the line Adam to Noah. It goes from the sons of Adam, through time to Noah. Adam bore a son Seth, (after Cain and Able), Seth bore a son Enosh, Enosh bore Kenan, Kenan bore Mahalalel, Mahalalel bore Jared, Jared bore Enoch, Enoch bore Methuselah, Methuselah bore Lamech, Lamech bore Noah. Noah then had three sons Shem, Ham, Japheth.
In Gensis 6 we have the story of the flood event, in which the Earth was flooded and the humanity was destroyed except for those who were placed upon the Ark; namely Noah and his family. Upon leaving the Ark the following people groups were created by the descendants of Noah’s sons’.

Ham was the father of Canaan These became the Canaanites who were dreaded enemies of the Jews. The Japhethites (son’s of Japheth) including many known people groups that we’ve heard of today, (Gomer, Magog, Tubal are the more known. Genesis 10:2), Tarshish was a grandson of Japheth, and this people group was said to be maritime in nature and expanded their territories each with their own language.

Hamites: Formed the people groups of Cush, Mizraim, Put and Cannan. The first centers of this kingdom were Babylon, from that land he went to Assyria where he built Nineveh (Iraqi city of Mosul now). Mizraim was the father of the Ludites, Anamites, Lehaites, Naphtuhites, Pathrusites, Casluhites (from which the Philistines came.) Out of Canaan, came the Hittites, Jebusites, Amorites, Girgashites, Hivites, Arkites, Sinites, Arvadites, Zemarites, and Hamathithes; all mortal enemies with the Jews.

Shem: was the father of the Semites: His sons were: Elam, Asshur, Arphaxad, Lud and Aram. These are the clans of Noah’s sons according to their lines of descent, within their nations. From these the nations spread out over the earth after the flood.

This brings me to my first point…..

All of humanity had been destroyed in the flood, the only remaining were Noah and his son’s. Each had the experience of going through the flood, and the times prior to it. Now that the flood is over, and the family lines are growing and dispersing, each has a story to tell. That story, like the “telephone game” changes and adapts over the course of time. The further distant, the more it’s embellished, or regionalized. So this COULD be the source of the commonality in “flood stories” shared amongst peoples.

Shem to Abram (later to become Abraham)

Shem bore Arphaxad, Arphaxad bore Shelah, Shelah bore Eber, Eber bore Peleg, Peleg bore Reu, Reu bore Serug, Serug bore Nahor, Nahor bore Terah, and Terah bore Abram and Haran. Terah had 3 sons: Abram, Nahor, and Haran. Haran had a son, Lot, and Haran died in Ur of the Chaldeans (Modern day Iraq) in the land of his birth.

The following is a lineage from Abraham (formerly Abram) to Jesus:

Abraham bore Isaac (and Ishmael by a servant: Ishmael became the father of the Arab nations), Isaac fathered Jacob, Jacob fathered Judah, and Judah fathered Perez and Zerah, Perez fathered Hezron, Hezron fathered Ram, Ram fathered Amminadab, Amminadab fathred Nashon, Nahshon fathered Salmon, Salmon fathered Boaz, Boaz fathered Obed, Obed father of Jesse, Jesse the father of King David, David the father of Solomon through an adulterous affair, Solomon fathered Rehoboam, Rehoboam fathered Abijah, Abijah fathered Asa, Asa fathered Jehoshaphat, Jehoshaphat fathered Jehoram, Jehoram fathered Uzziah, Uzziah fathered Jotham, Jotham fathered Ahaz, Ahaz fathered Hezekiah, Hezekiah fathered Manasseh, Manasseh fathered Amon, Amon fathered Josiah, Josiah fathered Jeconiah who went into captivity with the Babylonians. After the exile in Babylon Neconiah was the father of Shelatiel, Shelatiel fathered Zerubbabel, Zerubbabel fathered Abiud, Abiud fathered Eliakim, Eliakim fathered Azor, Azor fathered Zadok, Zadok fathered Akim, Akim fathered Eliud, Eliud fathered Eleazar, and Eleazar fathered Matthan, Matthan fathered Jacob, Jacob was the father of Joseph, and Joseph was the husband of Mary who bore Jesus who is called the Christ. Matthew 1:1-16.

So there you have the lineages of the people groups from Adam to Noah, from Noah to Abraham, from Abraham to Jesus. The stories and peoples expanded as time progressed, and distances were gained. Now as each went further and further away from Ground Zero, it is stated that each had their own language, and some (most) became enemies of the one brother Shem and his descendants. Just like the Big Bang Theory in which you have a fixed spot of “creation”, everything has been advancing away from that point.

Here is my question to you that pursue science: In many of the above stories, the ages are quite extreme for what we know today. I’m talking hundreds of years, and as time went on, these years began to fall. So this brings in biology questions.

If you’ve started with a pure race, no defects, and over the course of time and breeding, what happens to that genetic strain? Does it continue to be pure or does it take on characteristics of its environment (food, water, sun rays, and so on) and begin to break down? Like to close family members breeding, does that pollute the gene pool? As time progresses and the gene pool is further compromised, disease happens right?

I know this is a lot to read and process, so please take your time to look it over… My point is not so much about the Bible, as it is about the family lines that are quite detailed, stemming from a people who are notorious for their pursuance of accurate family records for the sake of lineage. If you start to mix in other books of the Bible in conjunction with the above, a larger picture begins to take shape. 1 and 2 Chronicles begins to share the story of David, his rise to power, his struggles as a man, and the line that would follow him according to God’s promise. The New Testament over shadows the Old Testament because now Jesus has been introduced to the World, his life and story is on display, as well as his mission. From there, it goes on to tell accounts from several eye witnesses who were present at the time, and then on to what those that followed him did, as they were instructed. Revelation is the culmination of all of these stories, in that it speaks to the final Day of Judgment which we’ve discussed to some extent in the other thread…

In relation to Planet X, the stories that you mentioned culminate from people groups that derive out of these family lines. Like I above, the father’s of these lines, all had a similar experience that they were a part of, and perceived in their own way. Instead of turning on the television, or handing little Billy a book, they shared stories as way of passing time, knowledge, entertainment and so on. The stories being passed on gained in embellishment as people groups traveled further and further from the source. So I hope this answers your questions about the similarities of the “Religious figures” and “Flood Stories”.

The gods of today, Buddha, Mohammed, Allah, and others are man made, or were men themselves. They each instruct their followers to do X, Y, and Z in order to achieve paradise. Jesus says decide: “will you accept me or not?” Once that decision is made, then the Blood Bought Born Again Believer chooses to share their experience and knowledge with those they love. The Church, to which many of you speak so negatively, richly deserves your angst. Like all of humanity, it is made up of fallen, sinful people who make mistakes, and do bad things. However, they are forgiven IF they ask for it, and are allowed to get back up and try again. Constantine took over Christianity in the 3rd Century, and centralized it. He created a government like structure, and established structures called “churches” that the people came to worship at. Prior to that, Christianity met in homes, gave to each as they had need, ministered, prayed, and helped the people and their numbers grew because of the love they demonstrated. What we’ve seen develop today is a structure that is centered in a location, gathers together, and tries to draw people into the building. Meanwhile they pile on rules and regulations, and hurts to people who are already hurting, or have been hurt in the past. It’s like asking a man with a broken leg, to carry this extra 50lbs bag of law books. What I’ve been trying to share with you fella’s in the other chat room is not, “Go to church, wear your Sunday best, and become like me…” I have been trying to make an introduction to the Man Jesus Christ, who changed my life for the better. This is who I used to be with all of my sins, and foul attitudes and actions, and this is who I am now, with my sins, and attitudes, and actions, but also my choice to live for Him because of what He did for me. It’s freedom from the burdens of SELF, and it puts the Love of others in my heart, so that I might serve them.

Well I think that’s more than enough to chew on for the moment, and I hope you’ll take the time to read through it, and please don’t react in anger, as I’m not writing this to you to bludgeon you with religion. I’m showing you what I know, and have researched from my perspective. Thanks for engaging me on this, and let’s see where it goes….

April 3rd, 2014, 9:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next