View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2018, 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 14 years ago... 
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

Post Re: 14 years ago...
Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Perspective schermective!

We can come back to that.

regularjoe12 wrote:
targets...were they military? Or civilian?

Well since the civilian's were across an ocean and the weapons were not very advanced, well you have your answer. That said, we can easily look to the indigenous people here who we also went to war against - many of those targets were absolutely civilian. We again use labels like "savages" to justify our killings - imagine that.

regularjoe12 wrote:
IF YOU MUST insist on comparing heartless murderers to what the Amercan's have done, you have Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Thanks for making just another point for me. Let's see that is somewhere between 130k-226k people killed, the vast amount of those civilian (BTW - Japan "targeted" a military base).

Think about that number - how does it compare to the 9/11, Paris and other "terrorist" attacks? I guess I'd use a term like "Perspective schermective" too because the true perspective of just how evil we have been as well is outrageous yet we can overlook it so easy.

Our history skims over things like this. You will hear statements like "think about how many people we saved" by dropping the bombs. People buy into this because they want to "believe" what they want to "believe" - that we are the "good guys" and everyone against us are the bad guys.

Quick - what dates did we drop the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Go ask those around you that. Then ask them when Pearl Harbor Day is - many more will know that. So we all remember a day when 2,400 people, were killed but not on dates when we whipped out huge cities and hundreds of thousands of civilians... Still not getting any perspective? Then go back to "Perspective schermective" because I can't help you and nobody else can either...

We need to start seeing each other as humans, that is it and then respect human life. All these stupid labels we put on each other leads to all the problems. We are too angry, want to label each other so badly, so that we can justify evil. How sad...

Well...at least you have appeared to back off of what I was calling B.S. on. Obviously I concede the fact that we have committed atrocities. I gave you the biggest 2 we have ever committed. I think maybe Canada and Switzerland are probably the only countries who don't have something horrific in their history. Key word history.

But I'm talking about today. And your comparison of the extremists to any kind of REAL soldiering ( namely gorilla warfare). Was the issue I took a stand against. Do not make the mistake of believing that these people are REALLY out to have war with America. If they were they would attack military targets. These men aren't warriors. They are murderers. Mass murderers.

December 2nd, 2015, 11:54 pm
Team MVP

The Canadians killed plenty of civilians along the trip back and forth from burning down the White house in the war of 1812.

The Japanese attack was viewed as despicable because they were negotiating peace at the same time they attacked an unaware military target. They weren't at war until the first torpedo/bomb hit. And 60 civilians were killed in the attack, so they weren't only targeting the base.

As for Hiroshima and Nagasaki, 300k compared to the 110k US soldiers killed up to that point in the pacific theatre was a weighed calculation of how many troops would die if we invaded the mainland. And you also fail to mention the 4 million soldiers and 18 million civilians the Japanese had killed in China. Add in the 2 million Indian civilians, 4 million Netherland East Indies civilians, and 1 million Philippines civilians and the choice to kill 300k to end the war isn't an atrocity at all.

See how trying to justify the past by only numbers is a trap? Especially when you only count Japan's civilian casualties. The full scope shows a different picture.

I agree that this is an ideological issue, but you're living with a blindfold on if you think the world is suddenly going to drop religion and sing Kumbaya. The Islam ideology isn't compatible with Western Democracy. They can't be interweaved because the ideologies don't mix. They don't integrate, they isolate. They don't change, they demand changes to fit them. Every single one of them could be peaceful but the desire to change everything to fit them instead of becoming a part of the community isn't a recipe for everyone getting along. You end up with whats happening in Dearborn and Hamtramck. We fought long and hard to end segregation and they are demanding it.

December 3rd, 2015, 1:25 am
#1 Overall Pick

slybri19 wrote:
I've known or worked with over 200 Muslims in my life. Out of those, I've actually liked three.. Three.

This is probably the most informative post you've made here.

It would seem, based on this anecdote, that 197 out of 200 Muslims have good taste. That's not bad. Well done Muslims. :idea: :cheers:

December 4th, 2015, 7:47 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

UK Lion wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
I've known or worked with over 200 Muslims in my life. Out of those, I've actually liked three.. Three.

This is probably the most informative post you've made here.

It would seem, based on this anecdote, that 197 out of 200 Muslims have good taste. That's not bad. Well done Muslims. :idea: :cheers:

You might be right. Then again, I haven't seen any Christians, Hindus, Jews, or Atheists kill 14 people since my last post, so I actually might be right. What say you?

Wanna bet which religion will commit the next terrorist attack? I didn't think so.

Perhaps, it will take your wife or daughter to be raped or killed by a muslim before you open your eyes, but I somehow doubt it. You're too brainwashed and I hope that doesn't happen.

December 5th, 2015, 4:47 am
#1 Overall Pick

Thanks for proving my point, sly. =D>

December 8th, 2015, 11:55 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

UK Lion, the fact of the matter is that you're going to experience the brunt of political correctness more than the US will. After we see what the muzzies do to you idiots, damn near everyone won't want them coming here anymore. win win. Thank you in advance.

December 19th, 2015, 12:36 am
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:
regularjoe12 wrote:
Perspective schermective!

We can come back to that.

regularjoe12 wrote:
targets...were they military? Or civilian?

Well since the civilian's were across an ocean and the weapons were not very advanced, well you have your answer. That said, we can easily look to the indigenous people here who we also went to war against - many of those targets were absolutely civilian. We again use labels like "savages" to justify our killings - imagine that.

regularjoe12 wrote:
IF YOU MUST insist on comparing heartless murderers to what the Amercan's have done, you have Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Thanks for making just another point for me. Let's see that is somewhere between 130k-226k people killed, the vast amount of those civilian (BTW - Japan "targeted" a military base).

Think about that number - how does it compare to the 9/11, Paris and other "terrorist" attacks? I guess I'd use a term like "Perspective schermective" too because the true perspective of just how evil we have been as well is outrageous yet we can overlook it so easy.

Our history skims over things like this. You will hear statements like "think about how many people we saved" by dropping the bombs. People buy into this because they want to "believe" what they want to "believe" - that we are the "good guys" and everyone against us are the bad guys.

Quick - what dates did we drop the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Go ask those around you that. Then ask them when Pearl Harbor Day is - many more will know that. So we all remember a day when 2,400 people, were killed but not on dates when we whipped out huge cities and hundreds of thousands of civilians... Still not getting any perspective? Then go back to "Perspective schermective" because I can't help you and nobody else can either...

We need to start seeing each other as humans, that is it and then respect human life. All these stupid labels we put on each other leads to all the problems. We are too angry, want to label each other so badly, so that we can justify evil. How sad...

There is a HUGE fundamental difference between Pearl Harbor, and the bombings in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. One pulled America into a war, while Japan was supposedly treatising for peace with our government. They attacked PRIOR to officially declaring war, which is why people were so incensed about the actions the Japanese took. It is what led to the relocation camps, and the general distrust of anyone who appeared Japanese, let alone were Japanese.

The atomic bombings ENDED a war. The United States dropped flyers over the cities ahead of time to warn civilians to leave. In doing so, who knows how many lives were saved? Probably not many in Hiroshima, but I'll bet the people in Nagasaki who were aware of what happened in Hiroshima left in a hurry. And the emperor in Japan was warned ahead of time that many, many people would die. He did not take heed.

So comparing those two dates, and those two actions is beyond ridiculous. One basically started a war against us when our government hadn't declared war on anybody. The other ended a war, and possibly many thousands more getting killed.

December 29th, 2015, 10:57 am
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Pablo,
Interesting that you'd mention the Crusades as a point of reference on Christianity back on page 1. I've recently listened to a Pastor who has done EXTENSIVE research on this subject, and I posted it the "Gog and Magog" thread. It's in the Harbringer Link....

The Crusades were a defensive action called for by the Pope at that time, Pope Urban I believe. So the Crusades were a call to Catholics and only lasted a few hundred years. In that same link I spoke about, this same Pastor (Steve Ciccolanti from Australia) does a side by side comparison of Islam and Christianity and it's pretty revealing. You might find it interesting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5nRlU3dSSM

Acts 4:13, 1 Cor. 2:1-5, Rom. 12:1-2

January 14th, 2016, 8:02 pm
Head Cheerleader

Not possible to forget at all, this incident wrecked havoc all over the Great Nation. Sadly, i guess no one knows the truth who did it with numerous conspiracy theories. End of story is precious lives were lost and families destroyed to pieces in minutes. :cry:

February 25th, 2017, 3:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3