View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 17th, 2017, 5:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Election Day 2014 

Who wins control of the Senate?
Poll ended at November 5th, 2014, 11:09 am
GOP, by a large margin 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
GOP, by a slim majority 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Dem, by a large margin 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dem, by a slim majority 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Neither, the Ind show up 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

Election Day 2014 
Megatron

Post Election Day 2014
Vote early and often :shock:

Seriously though, I have the distinct feeling that no matter who wins control of the House or Senate, we all lose, kinda like most elections.
Status Quo FTW!

For the record, I voted GOP by a slim margin.

November 4th, 2014, 11:07 am
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Post Re: Election Day 2014
I'm sure the country will improve immediately.

November 4th, 2014, 12:06 pm
William Clay Ford Sr.

I voted GOP by a large margin. I think there are sufficient numbers of Americans that have woke up to see how corrupt Obama is.

November 4th, 2014, 9:10 pm

Not surprised Land lost. Such a terrible candidate.

November 4th, 2014, 10:22 pm
Varsity Captain

Not surprised....I voted.......but it didn't count;)

Frok

November 4th, 2014, 10:32 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
I voted GOP by a large margin. I think there are sufficient numbers of Americans that have woke up to see how corrupt Obama is.

Too bad they can't wake up and see how corrupt the GOP is as well. This redundant seesaw two-party system has got so many American's obsessed with the other party they can't see the issues within their own party. You get what you continue to vote for - congrats America!

November 5th, 2014, 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Megatron

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Too bad they can't wake up and see how corrupt the GOP is as well. This redundant seesaw two-party system has got so many American's obsessed with the other party they can't see the issues within their own party. You get what you continue to vote for - congrats America!
Yup, SSDD.

One good thing about the election being over: no more flipping BS ads and signs.

November 5th, 2014, 10:39 am
William Clay Ford Sr.

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Oh I know. I plug my nose every election and vote the lesser of two evils. I would be voting Libertarian or Constitutional Party if either had any legitimate chance of winning without, more or less, handing a victory to the Democrats.

November 5th, 2014, 10:52 am
Megatron

Quote:
John Adams said:

There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.
Quote:
George Washington agreed, saying in his farewell presidential speech:

The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty

Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind, (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight,) the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.

It serves always to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration. It agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

There is an opinion, that parties in free countries are useful checks upon the administration of the Government, and serve to keep alive the spirit of Liberty. This within certain limits is probably true; and in Governments of a Monarchical cast, Patriotism may look with indulgence, if not with favor, upon the spirit of party. But in those of the popular character, in Governments purely elective, it is a spirit not to be encouraged. From their natural tendency, it is certain there will always be enough of that spirit for every salutary purpose. And, there being constant danger of excess, the effort ought to be, by force of public opinion, to mitigate and assuage it. A fire not to be quenched, it demands a uniform vigilance to prevent its bursting into a flame, lest, instead of warming, it should consume.

November 5th, 2014, 11:00 am
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Oh I know. I plug my nose every election and vote the lesser of two evils. I would be voting Libertarian or Constitutional Party if either had any legitimate chance of winning without, more or less, handing a victory to the Democrats.

I'd personally rather sacrifice a short term election(s) for long term change, but most would rather continue to vote for "the lesser of two evils", just the ways the Dems and Reps want it. Brilliant...

Let me ask you this - what did Bush/Obama (plug in the candidate from the party you feel less evil) really do to fix America? If Obama was beaten by Romney would things be much different? What if Kerry beat Bush? Nope, we would be in virtually the exact same situation because both parties are so similar (despite the rhetoric) and the results the same.

There is no reason for either party to change until you give them a reason to, unfortunately the vast majority of American's vote just like Billy. We perpetuate the corrupt status quo due to this defeatist thinking and insane merry-go-round. America - you continue to get exactly what you vote for and deserve...

November 5th, 2014, 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
William Clay Ford Sr.

Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Pablo wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I'd personally rather sacrifice a short term election(s) for long term change, but most would rather continue to vote for "the lesser of two evils", just the ways the Dems and Reps want it. Brilliant...

Let me ask you this - what did Bush/Obama (plug in the candidate from the party you feel less evil) really do to fix America? If Obama was beaten by Romney would things be much different? What if Kerry beat Bush? Nope, we would be in virtually the exact same situation because both parties are so similar (despite the rhetoric) and the results the same.

There is no reason for either party to change until you give them a reason to, unfortunately the vast majority of American's vote just like Billy. We perpetuate the corrupt status quo due to this defeatist thinking and insane merry-go-round. America - you continue to get exactly what you vote for and deserve...

So, vote your choice even though they have no shot to win and get the worst case scenario as a result because a vote for anyone other than the Republican acts like a vote for the Democrat. Brilliant.

November 5th, 2014, 1:22 pm
Megatron

Here's a big reason why there are only 2 major parties in the US:
Wiki wrote:
The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) is a private firm. It began in 1987 by the Democratic and Republican parties to establish the way that presidential election debates are run between candidates for President of the United States. The Commission is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation as defined by federal US tax laws,[1] whose debates are sponsored by private contributions from foundations and corporations.[2]

The CPD sponsors and produces debates for the United States presidential and vice presidential candidates and undertakes research and educational activities relating to the debates. The organization, which is a nonprofit corporation controlled by the Democratic and Republican parties, has run each of the presidential debates held since 1988.
Because the DNC and RNC run it, they're not going to let anyone else in any time soon.

November 5th, 2014, 1:41 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
So, vote your choice even though they have no shot to win and get the worst case scenario as a result because a vote for anyone other than the Republican acts like a vote for the Democrat. Brilliant.

Absolutely. Again, what did the candidates you voted for who won do? Squat! That is a wasted vote both short and long term. Your vote ensures Rep and Dems continue their duopoly - that IS worst case scenario!

Let me ask you this, your Rep presidential vote the last two cycles did what? The Dem pres vote the previous 2 cycles did what? The Rep votes the prior two cycles before that, the Dem the prior two cycles, and continue backward ad nauseam.

Worst case scenario = $17,770,878,224,354 in debt and continuously escalating and a host of domestic and foreign policies that are useless.

To quote someone who was brilliant - "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

So YES, vote for a party that has no chance of winning in the short term - it is the ONLY way things will EVER change. If you are happy the way things are, by all means continue to vote as you have done... You will continue to get what you deserve! If you ever want to change things, has it occurred to you that you must change your thinking/ways first?

TheRealWags wrote:
Because the DNC and RNC run it, they're not going to let anyone else in any time soon.

The voters enable it and are the only one's who CAN change it because the Dems/Reps certainly won't - they are laughing at the voters every cycle all the way to the big gov't bank.

November 5th, 2014, 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

BillySims wrote:

"Voting 3rd party means you are throwing your vote away"

now who exactly do you think came up with that idea?

you are brainwashed, and as long as the masses are as brainwashed as you are, the 2 party's are going to keep on feeding that lie. But if people wake up and start thinking for themselves, then low and behold we will have more than 2 options!

November 5th, 2014, 3:31 pm

We've had a two party system since the Constitution was ratified. It isn't a coincidence: Our system inherently encourages two dominant parties. Most European countries, in contrast, are multi-party, because of their system of proportional representation.

If you want to create viable third parties, you literally have to alter the system itself. Obviously, the Democrats/Republicans would never vote for the necessary constitutional amendments.

November 5th, 2014, 3:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next