View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 13th, 2017, 10:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 TRUMP for PREZ 
#1 Overall Pick

Post Re: TRUMP for PREZ
There were some very fine people at that Nazi rally ... The cognitive dissonance is rough, huh, NJ? I guess denial is the best way to deal with it. Good luck!

Some footage of Trump's "very fine people": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P54sP0Nlngg&oref

And before the "oh, he wasn't talking about them" ... if you were a "very fine person", and you turned up at a rally and were like "OMG, this is a Nazi rally, I did not know!" would you stick around, or leave?

August 16th, 2017, 2:02 pm
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Of course you leave. No one is defending White nationals, Neo-Nazi's or Nazi's. But you keep painting the entire conservative side that way. Anyone who is against leftist policies suddenly is racist and a Nazi.

Were there people that think removing a statue is wrong? Yes. Were there people there that saw what was happening and left? Yes. You have to remember that the Alt-right started innocently enough and was hijacked by the racist elements. The Rally wasn't about those people and yet they showed up in force and made it about them. You can paint with a broad brush if you like, but it's not winning anyone over. The more the left calls everyone racist, the more people are moving away.

The reason him calling out Antifa was important is because for 18 months both establishments and the media has ignored the violence the left has been doing. Calling that out doesn't erase the condemning of Nazi's. It's simply saying neither should be acceptable. You don't think it's wrong that the day after Charlottesville happened, CNN did a puff piece on Antifa?

Saying that violence on both sides isn't denial. But call me what you wish.

August 16th, 2017, 3:07 pm

I think every confederate statue on public land should be taken down. People can purchase them and put them on their own private property, or stick them in a museum if they wish. Also, all the White Nationalists and anti-immigrant types can go **** themselves.

But there is a serious problem brewing on the left, too. Non-liberal leftists that are hostile to free speech, and think the best way to counter neo-nazis is to attack them. These people are just as dangerous, and I'm glad Trump called them out.

August 16th, 2017, 5:00 pm

Blueskies wrote:
I think every confederate statue on public land should be taken down. People can purchase them and put them on their own private property, or stick them in a museum if they wish. Also, all the White Nationalists and anti-immigrant types can go **** themselves.

But there is a serious problem brewing on the left, too. Non-liberal leftists that are hostile to free speech, and think the best way to counter neo-nazis is to attack them. These people are just as dangerous, and I'm glad Trump called them out.

Yeah, removing the statues isn't a problem to me. Move them into museums, but you don't need statues to remember history. I do think it's funny how the left targets them, even CNN listed every one of the 1500 in the south as a target, and every single one of them is in memoriam of Democrats. This is all their legacy. Even the Nazi policies they want are liberal, big-government policies. They're just hiding behind Trump because the left can use them to label him. They don't align with anything conservative.

I find it ironic that "Anti-fa" consider themselves anti-facists, yet try to silence opposition through facist tactics. They are what they say they stand against, and use "oh, do you support racism?" as a way of making people get out of the way.

August 16th, 2017, 11:08 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

The problem today is that the sheep in American society listen to the Mainstream Media and take their word for fact when it is anything but. According to the Federal Election Commission, 94% of members of the media who contributed $250 or more (their requirement for reporting) donated to Hillary Clinton. If that isn't an institutionalized bias, I don't know what is. Keep that in mind when considering whether they are objective and truthful.

As for Charlotteville, the media got it wrong again and Trump got it right. If Antifa never showed up, there never would have been any violence. The previous night, people marched with torches supporting the statues with no problem. The violence didn't start until the far left showed up the next day. Of course, the KKK and the white supremacists should be condemned, but so too should Antifa and far left groups like them. It's a shame that the far left media refuses to inform the public about their violence, which leaves the public ignorant of the actual facts. It's a shame.

As for the statues, where does it end? Confederate icons are deserving of honor as a part of history, but I can see how others would disagree. Our founding fathers (especially Washington and Jefferson) are next on their hit lists because they owned slaves. They also want to ban Christopher Columbus because he led to the new world where native americans were vanquished. Next will probably be anyone who is white just because. Too predictable. Pure racism.

Since people are suddenly so appalled by slavery that ended 150 years ago in this country before they were even born, I wonder why they aren't even the least bit concerned about slavery going on today in North Africa and the Middle East. They can't do anything about the past, but have an opportunity to impact the present and the future. If they truly cared about ending slavery instead of social justice issues, they would focus on that and take action. Sadly, they have not. Therefore, slavery isn't the issue at all with them. They have much more sinister aims.

September 16th, 2017, 11:25 pm
RIP Killer

Wow, one of the recent sly posts I can actually agree with.

September 17th, 2017, 11:17 pm

I think all statues of human beings on public lands should be taken down. Donate them to museums or auction them off to private collectors and put it towards our national debt.

This is a country founded on ideas. Not people. The very rejection of titles, and aristocracy and everything that goes along with that is a core part of this country's ideology. No one should be venerated or honored like some ancient king.

Oh, and Columbus had nothing to do with the United States. The whole Columbus Day movement was a marketing ploy designed to help immigrating Italians assimilate. But people ignorant of history think he landed on Plymouth Rock or something.

September 18th, 2017, 2:45 pm
RIP Killer

This country was founded on the genocide of native people and the theft of native property for over 450 years. But nobody gives a damn about a voiceless population.

If certain groups are offended by a statue, I agree with blue skies, take them all down. We honor presidents who were slave owners, who stole land, approved the mass murder of people because of who they were and an overall greed to steal what was not theirs, etc. but where do you draw the line? Remove monuments? Mount Rushmore (another scared place on native land that was stolen)?

September 19th, 2017, 8:16 pm

Don't think it makes sense to destroy Mt Rushmore, but the entire thing is weird. I found a lot more beauty in Yellowstone enjoying the nature than what amounts to really intricate graffiti.

September 21st, 2017, 4:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24