View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 19th, 2018, 3:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 TRUMP for PREZ 
#1 Overall Pick

Post Re: TRUMP for PREZ
Ah well, looks like the US has elected a "textbook racist" (in the words of Paul Ryan). Shame.

November 9th, 2016, 3:27 am
Pro Bowl Player

The far lesser of 2 evils, somehow. It certainly is Popcorn time.

November 9th, 2016, 4:10 am
Profile ICQ WWW
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY-CiPVo_NQ

November 9th, 2016, 4:44 am
#1 Overall Pick

I hope Moore's wrong, I hope the German electorate still delivered the biggest fudge you in history, but who knows with Trump I guess. Saying you want to ban people from your country based on their religion, and that if you win you will imprison your political opponent, is kinda sorta textbook facism.

November 9th, 2016, 6:35 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I told you so.

And UK Lion, why don't you drop to your knees and suck on a Muslim you know what? Some people are just too stupid to live.

November 9th, 2016, 8:53 am
#1 Overall Pick

Stay classy sly. You're an embarrassment only to yourself.

November 9th, 2016, 11:30 am
RIP Killer

Sly - congrats, I'm sure you are quite happy.

Well as I have pointed out since this site started in 2004 we have Coke and Pepsi. We have slightly different flavors such as a cherry or vanilla version but the base is still the same.

I've also pointed out the trend which of course continues. We vote Pepsi, they are in office 8 years, then we vote for Coke who "represents" change. This time change was Trump, the 8-year cycle before it was Obama, etc.

America - you get what you deserve, a claim of change since you are disappointed with the current administration but over time it is just the same thing/cycle over-and-over again. Insanity... Let's face it, American's are too lazy for real change.

Trump said the system is rigged, he was right. American's overall voted for Clinton yet Trump wins the election - ahhh, democracy. Trump is a cartoon character, should be fun seeing what all the comedians come up with the next 4-8 years.

Bottom line was with these two candidates it was a lose/lose proposition. Congrats USA!

November 9th, 2016, 11:42 am
Profile WWW
3rd Round Selection

I can only hope that now he delivers on his promise and puts Hillary in jail, then goes to one himself for all the sexual assault charges.

What a disgrace! The funny thing is, I'd have felt just as crappy if Hillary won.

November 9th, 2016, 12:29 pm
Team MVP

Pablo, look at the county maps and you'll see the majority of the country voted for Trump. The popular vote is in her advantage by 0.5%, but we have never voted by popular vote. California and NYC shouldn't make the call for the rest of the country, so the republic works. The bases stay the same, but they haven't paid attention to the people in that base for a long time, and this was the wakeup call the establishment needed. Both establishments threw everything at him and the people spoke.

I said the polls weren't showing the disenfranchised, those that haven't voted in awhile or were new voters, and they showed up in force yesterday. While the polling was accurate of his support during the primaries, when you started having the rhetoric switch to shaming people, people kept quiet. You could see the support at rallies, but it wasn't reflected in the polls, and the media refused to truly pay attention. They had their minds made up and they were in meltdown mode last night.

UK, the spin to try to make everything he said as racist didn't work. The PC victimhood getting used over and over got tired, and it turned people off. Islam is an ideology, not only a religion, and trying to use only the religion aspect to ignore the issues related to it, is dangerous and ignorant. You didn't ignore the IRA because of their religion, so we're not going to ignore fundamental islam either.

This will be better, just give it time.

November 9th, 2016, 1:21 pm
Megatron

Congrats Trumpettes! Enjoy your victory. Now the real hard part comes, the governing; something we've been missing for a few years. I wonder how much of, if any, a check the House and Senate will be to Pres Trump. I don't like to see all 3 branches in the same party; sorry, I like a little more balance than that. Remember what happened when the Dems had all 3? Yup, the PPACA. At least the GOP doesn't have a super majority in the either chamber, which should foster some bipartisanship; that is if those on the fringes of both parties can just admit that compromise isn't a dirty word. In the end, I don't really think there would've been much difference between a Pres Trump and a Pres Clinton2. Trump is more authoritative, but Hillary is more of a defense hawk. Perhaps the biggest question is how many of his campaign promises will he keep. Like most before, its likely not too many.

November 9th, 2016, 1:45 pm
#1 Overall Pick

njroar wrote:
You didn't ignore the IRA because of their religion.

We didn't try and ban Catholics from entering the country. Because, you know, we're a liberal democracy that gives a poop about human rights.

Trump thinks torture's great, because radical islamic countries chop off people's hands. And the US lapped it up.

The West's biggest enemy seems to be itself. We are dismantling liberal democracy better than any radical islamist has ever managed himself.

But hey: Sly fell in love with a Muslim once, but she blew him out, so now he's all butthurt and can't deal with his anger issues. So I suppose that's ok.

November 9th, 2016, 2:07 pm
National Champion

God Bless America! :D

November 9th, 2016, 2:28 pm
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

I'm just here to eat some crow. I never thought in a million years that...last night....wow.

November 9th, 2016, 2:29 pm
Team MVP

regularjoe12 wrote:
I'm just here to eat some crow. I never thought in a million years that...last night....wow.

Same. I was wrong. Way wrong.

My big concern now is that the hate groups in this country are now going to feel very emboldened. We're already seeing it. The KKK was marching across freeway overpasses celebrating in NC this morning. Here in Philly we've had swastikas spray painted on store fronts just down the street from where I am right now. I'm not so worried about Trump. He'll likely go back to his more moderate ways, as I think that's who he really is. I'm worried about the fringe, alt-right hate groups that feel like they now have a mandate. That's what could be truly dangerous.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

November 9th, 2016, 2:41 pm
RIP Killer

njroar wrote:
Pablo, look at the county maps and you'll see the majority of the country voted for Trump. The popular vote is in her advantage by 0.5%, but we have never voted by popular vote. California and NYC shouldn't make the call for the rest of the country, so the republic works. The bases stay the same, but they haven't paid attention to the people in that base for a long time, and this was the wakeup call the establishment needed. Both establishments threw everything at him and the people spoke.

Wrong, the majority of the country didn't vote for Trump or Hillary, that would mean over 50% of the vote and Hillary had more overall votes. Those votes you are referring to are lower density rural America. It is the less-educated white vote. It is also a voting block that will mean less and less going forward if you look at the changing demographics in this country. Living in Texas, a long time historical red state - I can see this changing especially with the quickly growing Hispanic vote.

Wakeup call? I don't buy it as once again it is the same pattern seen time after time. Trump was the candidate of "change" and the non-insider, kinda reminds you of the last guy to get elected doesn't it. But continue your self delusion much the way democrats did 8 years ago...

Touchdown Jesus - you make a good point. We all need to work together to make sure this doesn't happen and send us back 60-70 years.

November 9th, 2016, 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next