View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 3rd, 2014, 3:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Madden 06 
Peewee Leaguer

Post Madden 06
I just got my copy of Madden 06 yesterday, and I of course selected the Lions, (I'm 2-0 so far online) and going throught my roster, I looked at the QB's, Garcia's overall is one point lower than Harrington's!!!! I know it's just a game, but it could be telling us something. By the way as of yesterday, R.W. was starting as saftey rather than Holt, but with a roster download today, it might be Mcgraw...I'll have to see. Or if anyone else has it they can post to tell everyone.

August 11th, 2005, 9:31 am
QB Coach

On last year's Madden, Garcia was higher than Harrington.

August 11th, 2005, 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Cheerleader

On last year's Madden, Garcia was higher than Harrington.

Garcia was also a starter last year =p

August 12th, 2005, 2:23 am
NFL Veteran

I'm a madden freak too. I picked it up for ps2. Supply and demand determined me to go with ps2. I have xbox too.. but there were 2 ps2 versions left and a bunch of xbox. I feel kind of dumb now that I think about how much easier it is to play 4 players on a xbox. doh. Oh well. But I'm really looking forward to to psp copy on reserve that don't come out for a couple of weeks. THen i could play madden everywhere!!!! muahaha.

Anyway a couple of notables. The passing feature is like a monkey wrench in your typical madden game. And Joey's field of vision sucks compared to Manning and Brady. Frick Joey has tunnel vision compared to mannings eyes in the back of his head and Brady's 720 degree peripheral vision. It's like an extra distraction. Tough at first and still tough after you get a little used to it. I mean besides watching 5 different receiver routes and making sure you aren't getting sacked into a grave... now you have to make sure the qb is facing the receiver you want to throw to otherwise it's just like throwing in a real game to a receiver you aren't really looking at.... it's just not going to be as accurate. Positive is that if you work with your QB in training camp you can improve his vision in training camp in the franchise mode - so I'm told.

In the end it passed my test as an actually quite cool upgrade. It's an added challenge for your typical madden masters who can do something new instead of just picking up your annual copy and blowing the living daylights out of the computer. New challenge makes it more interesting. I find it more realistic. It's actually quite cool when you think of it since visibility and seeing the field is such an integral if not primary aspect of a qb's game. And i found that it was awesome in looking off defenders. What I do is I look at the opposite end of the field and when my intended receiver gets open I then look at him and then fire away. a few extra button pushes but... actually 2, to be exact. But when you get used to it, it becomes useful.

I also noticed McQuarters as the starter. I prefer Holt... but RW's rating is higher and he's actually a good playmaker.

Lastly I love Detroit's running game. Not just KJ is an elite... but the oline is awesome. THis is the best oline for Detroit in Madden ever! You can run behind them from the snap and fall down and you are guaranteed at least 3 yards! I would love to see this push this year in real life.

And the new truck stick is sweeeet!!!! In the running game if you are in the open field you can knock all DB's and some LB's on their back with KJ. Practice this on the Mini running game I can play that thing for hours. So much fun.

It's hard to see them topping the previous madden but this is actually one of the biggest sets of upgrades ever!!! I don't think I've ever recommended Madden more since Barry retired!

August 12th, 2005, 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]