View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 8:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Kerry..."The last the America needs is a 2nd Rep. Party 
Site Admin

I'm not sure how Guiliani having Cancer or having been Mayor of New York excludes him from being President. Also, I think you're seriously discounting Condi rice. She's extremely intelligent, articulate, and I don't think being involved in the war makes her a bad candidate. I think the country is basically split on the war issue, so it cancels itself out. I personally hope she runs, because I think she would be fantastic.

As for McCain, like I said, I'm not sure what it is, something about him just bothers me. He seems insincere to me. Just my opinion. To quote Mr. Charles Barkley, "I could be wrong, but I doubt it."

Health issues and the presidency don't mix. Several presidents have died early in their terms. Going in with a history is not a great start. Aside from that being a Major even of New York hardly constitues a presidential resume. Before 911 Guiliani was not very popular at all for many reasons and I believe those would resurface especially in an election.

With Condi Rice, most people at this level are intelligent and articulate. That means very little...I am sure you have watched the news and seen the support for the war drop dramatically and continuously. That is bad for Condi. Not to mention that VPs sometimes struggle to get elected but cabinet members are typically not held in presidential regard. Colon Powell had he stayed would have had a much better chance. Especially since he at least offered a dissenting opinion in the White House.

In your remarks to McCain you have not provided one single example of what you dislike. He has on a number of times fought against absurd legislation like certain military bills. He was frank about his opinions on John Kerry and thought attacks against his service record were ridicolus. He also has fought to reform the way campaigns are financed which are shady at best you must admit. He rarely grabs headlines but his willingess not to cowtow to partisian wishes is refreshing to say the least and if he runs he has my support. I guess I don't understand how Bush is captain sincere when he has been on a 5 week vacation :roll:

August 26th, 2005, 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

With Condi Rice, most people at this level are intelligent and articulate. That means very little...I am sure you have watched the news and seen the support for the war drop dramatically and continuously. That is bad for Condi. Not to mention that VPs sometimes struggle to get elected but cabinet members are typically not held in presidential regard. Colon Powell had he stayed would have had a much better chance. Especially since he at least offered a dissenting opinion in the White House.

In your remarks to McCain you have not provided one single example of what you dislike. He has on a number of times fought against absurd legislation like certain military bills. He was frank about his opinions on John Kerry and thought attacks against his service record were ridicolus. He also has fought to reform the way campaigns are financed which are shady at best you must admit. He rarely grabs headlines but his willingess not to cowtow to partisian wishes is refreshing to say the least and if he runs he has my support. I guess I don't understand how Bush is captain sincere when he has been on a 5 week vacation :roll:

I've never said I think Bush is more sincere than McCain. I just said there's something about McCain that rubs me the wrong way. I really didn't like the McCain-Feingold bill that "limits" campaign financing. That bill really did nothing. It's just another piece of meaningless legislation. I think the intent behind it is correct, but the bill just doesn't do anything. If they really wanted to reform campaign financing, they should just outlaw contributions from any corporation, organization, or lobbyist that wants to get favors for their contributions. Allow only contributions from individuals, not corporations. That would cut down a lot of it.

I don't think McCain would be a bad president. He would probably be very good. And if it comes down to him vs. Hillary, he's got my vote all the way. There are just other people I would prefer, that's all.

August 26th, 2005, 10:19 pm
Site Admin

And if it comes down to him vs. Hillary, he's got my vote all the way.

HA! We agree on something :wink:

August 27th, 2005, 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

TheRealWags wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
I'd vote for Hillary in 2008.. anyone is better than shurb.
OMG!!!!!!! Please say NO!!!!!!!! 8 years of Clinton was enough, I don't want/can't have 4 more......

Sorry charlie.. I thought Clinton was the best president of my life time.. (born in 78) Our economy flourished underneath him and we had good foreign relations. So yeah.. like I said I'd vote for Hillary.
yup, that's why we are still trying to catch bin Laden.......Thanks slick willie....for nothing :roll:

August 29th, 2005, 10:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2