View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 1:58 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Wabalamadingdong 
Site Admin

Mike, you are like the Cobra Kai Sensai who shows no mercy Mike evil6.gif

September 9th, 2005, 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

um Pablo...is Mike banned for all his sparty slander?

This is a Lions board, not a Spartan or Wolverine board. Rip away fellas. We can't ban people even for tearing apart the Lions - we would have only had 2 members left after the MNF game (and they were both overseas and sleeping during the game). :wink:

GO LIONS! GO SPARTANS!

& yes I am a MSU alum so that counts. I also have an MBA from Wayne State.

GO TARTERS!

ps - GO MICHIGAN! (kick the crap out out of ND)

pss - GO TEXAS! (whip up on THE OSU)

September 9th, 2005, 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

theAlphaMale wrote:

Both schools are weak (okay only U of M's ME program and MSU's Eng program as far as I know)...does that mean I get banned too?

Personally, I don't see how someone could have so much love for a school they never went to...I can see if you're an Alum, but if you're not, I just don't see it. Wouldn't you like the school you graduated from?

A pro team is different IMO because you root for the Lions football team. To wear U of M shirts because you have some undenying love for their football team is kind of weird IMO. I don't know.

My query for the day...Spawned from a couple kids I saw wearing USC and UNC shirts who I know were born in Iowa and are currently going to ISU. I was just confused.

conversion -

Michigan is FAR superior in academics in almost EVERY area over State. They are a MUCH more prestigious university than the general public knows. Almost all their schools rank in the top 10 in every USNEWS rankings. They are the 2nd best Public University in the nation, only behind Berkeley.

As for the USC/UNC shirts - they are bandwagon fans who root for the good teams.

Alpha -

MSU bashing is allowed. Once they learn how to win a football game without fixing the clock so they get extra plays, then they can bash Michigan.

I need to stop, but it's just too easy.

September 9th, 2005, 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity 1st Team

theAlphaMale wrote:

Both schools are weak (okay only U of M's ME program and MSU's Eng program as far as I know)...does that mean I get banned too?

Personally, I don't see how someone could have so much love for a school they never went to...I can see if you're an Alum, but if you're not, I just don't see it. Wouldn't you like the school you graduated from?

A pro team is different IMO because you root for the Lions football team. To wear U of M shirts because you have some undenying love for their football team is kind of weird IMO. I don't know.

My query for the day...Spawned from a couple kids I saw wearing USC and UNC shirts who I know were born in Iowa and are currently going to ISU. I was just confused.

I was already accepted to MSU but going to Delta for fall/winter semester for a programs that MSU doesnt have and then I am transfering out.

m2karateman wrote:
I'm not the Spartan fan that bragged about not reading a price tag before buying something

And if you know how to read right, I was not bragging about not reading a price tag, if you can interpret what people post, you would of known I was stating that I didn?t know how much football jerseys cost because I haven?t bought one since I bought a Kearse jersey. And if you were smart, you would know that not EVERY tag has a price on it.

As for you Brian, you should know MSU is NOT a football school. Once Michigan learns how win in a bowl game and make a 64 team NCAA tourney, then you can bash on State.

GO STATE!
2005 Austin Regional Champs!
4/7 years Final Four apperances
5/7 years Elite 8 apperances

Michigan...
Missed 64 team tourney AND,NIT tourney(tourney for losers hahaha)

September 9th, 2005, 7:54 pm
RIP Killer

I was already accepted to MSU but going to Delta for fall/winter semester for a programs that MSU doesnt have and then I am transfering out.

It was a generalized statement. I'm talking about the people who went to a community college, didn't go to college, went to another university but have some undying love for a university for some reason...a school they never went to. I just don't understand it.

As for Michigan being one of the best schools in the country. It's a great school, but their engineering program is nothing spectacular. Their thermo courses leave MUCH to be desired. It was a waste of time and money on my part. I chose not to go to U of M because it was 90% yuppity Ivy League rejects. Snobby people for the most part. They were extremely rude to me when I talked to them and when they offered me a scholarship. I just dislike U of M, their staff is not very personal and one on one.

September 10th, 2005, 1:11 am
Varsity 1st Team

If I had a choice of program for Michigan...I'd go to Law School.

GO STATE!

Michigan...

September 10th, 2005, 1:37 am
QB Coach

As for Michigan being one of the best schools in the country. It's a great school, but their engineering program is nothing spectacular. Their thermo courses leave MUCH to be desired. It was a waste of time and money on my part. I chose not to go to U of M because it was 90% yuppity Ivy League rejects. Snobby people for the most part. They were extremely rude to me when I talked to them and when they offered me a scholarship. I just dislike U of M, their staff is not very personal and one on one.

That's funny, because Michigan's engineering school is the strongest part of it's school.

It's engineering school is ranked in the top 5 in the country, with schools like Cal Berkeley, MIT, Stanford, and Illinois.

September 10th, 2005, 11:39 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Have writers for USNews taken engineering classes at U of M??? I don't think so. I put much more faith into my personal experience of classes I've taken there over what is read in a report. Take it for what it's worth. Michigan is ranked so high (at #6, not in the top 5 by the way) because of all the funding the school gets. They have state of the art equipment, labs, etc. However, what is demanded of the students is not that high and the actual material tested on is not very difficult (coming from the 2 classes I've taken there and from my buddy who's a mechanical engineer there).

Have you taken classes there? Don't believe everything you read.

September 10th, 2005, 7:54 pm
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:
I'm not the Spartan fan that bragged about not reading a price tag before buying something

And if you know how to read right, I was not bragging about not reading a price tag, if you can interpret what people post, you would of known I was stating that I didn?t know how much football jerseys cost because I haven?t bought one since I bought a Kearse jersey. And if you were smart, you would know that not EVERY tag has a price on it.

As for you Brian, you should know MSU is NOT a football school. Once Michigan learns how win in a bowl game and make a 64 team NCAA tourney, then you can bash on State.

Rolando wrote:
..didnt know it costed $74 till they ranged me up Since when did football jerseys become to pricey sheesh? Now im broke and have no $$$ till sunday to pay for my school books woot!

Soooo....MSU is not a football school, but you went to buy an MSU football jersey. Strike one. You bought a Lions jersey without reading OR asking the price first. Strike two. After being told how much it was and knowing you would be tapped, you bought the jersey regardless and ignored your need to purchase books for school. Strike three.

Forgive me if I laugh at the fact that you are trying to tell me I'm the one who isn't smart. And work on your spelling and grammar. Hope the books you intend to purchase include books on the English language.

September 11th, 2005, 1:59 pm
QB Coach

Have writers for USNews taken engineering classes at U of M??? I don't think so. I put much more faith into my personal experience of classes I've taken there over what is read in a report. Take it for what it's worth. Michigan is ranked so high (at #6, not in the top 5 by the way) because of all the funding the school gets. They have state of the art equipment, labs, etc. However, what is demanded of the students is not that high and the actual material tested on is not very difficult (coming from the 2 classes I've taken there and from my buddy who's a mechanical engineer there).

Have you taken classes there? Don't believe everything you read.

Well, considering it's the PROFESSORS at each university, that give a peer assessment rating, as well as other students at the university, making up a peer assessment rating in the ranking, I believe they would know how a class operates and if they like it or not.

I actually have taken a class at Michigan - and it was great!

September 11th, 2005, 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/colleg ... _brief.php

According to this usnews site, peer assesment is one of the many factors. Obviously it's not the only factor and not the majority of the ranking.

I was referring to their ME program in particular, as I said twice.

September 11th, 2005, 4:31 pm
Varsity 1st Team

Rolando wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Rolando wrote:
..didnt know it costed $74 till they ranged me up Since when did football jerseys become to pricey sheesh? Now im broke and have no $$$ till sunday to pay for my school books woot!

Soooo....MSU is not a football school, but you went to buy an MSU football jersey. Strike one. You bought a Lions jersey without reading OR asking the price first. Strike two. After being told how much it was and knowing you would be tapped, you bought the jersey regardless and ignored your need to purchase books for school. Strike three.

Forgive me if I laugh at the fact that you are trying to tell me I'm the one who isn't smart. And work on your spelling and grammar. Hope the books you intend to purchase include books on the English language.

Oh no call the *** **** police since I couldn't spell a word right. I guess I should be like you and type something in MS WORD and spell right right? Sheesh I could I be so stupid for not being able to spell a word right..guess the whole world better stop and realize that I couldn't spell the word correctly. Wow, just when I thought TheLegend couldn't be anymore original :thumbsup:. And actually when I was ranged up I WANTED to get the jersey anyways, is that hard for you to get through your head? Plus I dont have class till friday, think before you type.

GO STATE!

Michigan...

September 12th, 2005, 1:03 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

m2karateman wrote:
Rolando wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Rolando wrote:

Oh no call the *** **** police since I couldn't spell a word right. I guess I should be like you and type something in MS WORD and spell right right? Sheesh I could I be so stupid for not being able to spell a word right..guess the whole world better stop and realize that I couldn't spell the word correctly. Wow, just when I thought TheLegend couldn't be anymore original :thumbsup:. And actually when I was ranged up I WANTED to get the jersey anyways, is that hard for you to get through your head? Plus I dont have class till friday, think before you type

Now, now......temper temper :)

September 12th, 2005, 2:37 am
RIP Killer

Oh no call the *** **** police since I couldn't spell a word right. I guess I should be like you and type something in MS WORD and spell right right? Sheesh I could I be so stupid for not being able to spell a word right..guess the whole world better stop and realize that I couldn't spell the word correctly. Wow, just when I thought TheLegend couldn't be anymore original :thumbsup:. And actually when I was ranged up I WANTED to get the jersey anyways, is that hard for you to get through your head? Plus I dont have class till friday, think before you type.

First of all, I'm not the one who went public with the information that you did about yourself. So don't blame me because someone poked fun at you or criticized you about it. Second of all, don't tell me to think before I type. Your original post was laden with profanity, which is prohibited here. If you can't take some ribbing and criticism, stop telling people things about yourself. Or better yet, just stop posting in this forum all together.

September 12th, 2005, 10:35 am
Site Admin

Mike, remind me to add you to Lionbacker Welcoming Committe :lol: :shock:

September 12th, 2005, 11:16 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next