View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 30th, 2014, 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Kind of surprised 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Kind of surprised
I have to admit. I a surprised at the response to the Lions loss to the Bears. Granted, they got shelled...not doubt. The entire team played poorly, from the coaching staff on down to special teams. (They missed an extra point for pete's sake!) I am just surprised that the venom is still being spewed 4 days later! XXbazooka.gif People are calling for an entire re-vamping of the entire team and want to see the organization blow up the whole thing and start over 2 games into the season!!

I'm not exactly what you would call happy about the loss and didn't think this game was going to be a loss when I saw the schedule, especially not a blow-out. The fact is, they are going to lose some games this year but it's not the end of the season yet.

September 22nd, 2005, 12:31 am
NFL Veteran

Hey I tend to be more optomistic, but it was the manner of losing. As in they just gave up. They still had a game at 17-6, but they just gave up. It wouldn't be so bad if they lost this close, but when a team just folds so early in the game, it speaks terrible volumes regarding the character and heart of the team... or lack thereof. This is where I'm coming around to Yorick's philosophy of adding 'rats' hardnosed players, that won't give up and will go 100% every down whether they are leading big, or losing big. Not just when the win is within reach or at stake.

September 22nd, 2005, 1:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]