View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 24th, 2014, 12:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Official Message Board done.... 
Pop Warner Allstar

Post Official Message Board done....
From the official website:

Quote:
The Detroitlions.com Message Boards have been suspended until further notice. Posts consisting of profane and unacceptable language and references were increasing in frequency. In addition to these types of posts, fraudulent posts by individuals announcing that they were someone representing the Detroit Lions organization were also frequently occurring.
Due to the increasing amount of resources required to monitor this situation and because of the possibility of young Lions? fans being exposed to such posts, it was in the best interest of Detroitlions.com and the Detroit Lions to discontinue offering the Message Boards on the team?s Internet site at this time.

Message boards are intended to provide a forum to our fans to discuss the many issues surrounding the Detroit Lions and the National Football League. Once individuals use the message boards for such purposes other than to communicate appropriately with other fans about the Lions or the NFL, then the intended values of this forum is no longer valuable to Lions? fans or to the organization.

That's why I refer to it as the DuMB.

September 24th, 2005, 5:22 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

September 24th, 2005, 8:39 pm
QB Coach

We don't need this topic... the only message board I care about is the one right here.

September 25th, 2005, 12:17 am
Profile WWW
National Champion

Thats what they get for having no control over their posters. I'm glad the moderators here are alot better.

September 25th, 2005, 9:08 am
Head Cheerleader

I believe thats we are one of the reason for that board being shut down. :oops:

September 26th, 2005, 7:18 am
Peanut and Beer Salesman

I'm with ya guys. I had some fun on the Lions forum, and admit that I have gone a little overboard there before. It's sad it's gone but to be honest it never had anything good to talk about as far as the Lions are concerned. But i will miss all my buddies from that forum. Hopefully they will come on here.

September 26th, 2005, 10:58 am
RIP Killer

But i will miss all my buddies from that forum. Hopefully they will come on here.

As long as they don't bring the crap that was the DLMB...bring em over. We don't want this board to get like that.

September 26th, 2005, 1:03 pm
Varsity Captain

winston93 wrote:
But i will miss all my buddies from that forum. Hopefully they will come on here.

As long as they don't bring the crap that was the DLMB...bring em over. We don't want this board to get like that.

True that.

September 26th, 2005, 1:14 pm
Hall of Fame Player

winston93 wrote:

Ditto!!

September 26th, 2005, 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Stats Boy

winston93 wrote:

Here...but no crap starting from me...good to be here angel12.gif

September 26th, 2005, 3:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]