View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Conversion.... 
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post Conversion....
You were wrong to lock the "Orange Out on ESPN" thread. Yes, it was down to two people arguing, but that's not a valid reason to lock a thread. As I came in this morning and was getting caught up on the latest points in that thread, I had several things to add, but then found out you locked it.

That really looks like you chose to run away rather than stand your ground.

Also, the deleting of LAW's posts was pretty juvenile, IMO.

December 20th, 2005, 8:55 am
Pro Bowl Player

Not trying to get involved in a board disagreement. And I know there are times when a thread should be closed... so I'll say let the folks in charge make the call, its often a judgement call and they do their best. It's not an ez job to be a moderator. Trust me. :D :

Last edited by RussMan on December 20th, 2005, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 20th, 2005, 9:03 am
Modmin Dude

The thread was going no where, as is this one. People have a right to disagree with each other and even argue, but when the same issue is beat down like a dead horse and it just starts turning into name calling and a nonsense argument, it needs to end. Hopefully everyone can agree to disagree on the topic. Have a nice day! :D

December 20th, 2005, 9:20 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

The thread was going no where, as is this one. People have a right to disagree with each other and even argue, but when the same issue is beat down like a dead horse and it just starts turning into name calling and a nonsense argument, it needs to end. Hopefully everyone can agree to disagree on the topic. Have a nice day! :D

That I agree with, but I was gonna go in there and drop some knowledge on them guys like Hiroshima!

I woulda straightened the whole thing out man. It was gonna be beautiful.

December 20th, 2005, 9:29 am
Pro Bowl Player

That I agree with, but I was gonna go in there and drop some knowledge on them guys like Hiroshima!

:lol:

Hey on another topic. When did the board start noting when folks edit their posts? Is that new? I dont care for that. Just a wast of space imo.
:?:

December 20th, 2005, 9:59 am
RIP Killer

Classic TK!

OldSchool wrote:
Hey on another topic. When did the board start noting when folks edit their posts? Is that new? I dont care for that. Just a wast of space imo. :?:

It has always been set up that way...

December 20th, 2005, 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

OldSchool wrote:
Hey on another topic. When did the board start noting when folks edit their posts? Is that new?

It has always been set up that way...

Oh ok it must not work most of the time becuase I edit my posts frequently and havent noticed it before.. my typing, not my spelling, leaves a lot to be desired...

typos I say.. not spelling errors. :wink:

December 20th, 2005, 10:51 am
RIP Killer

The thead was down for the count and would have more than likely been locked had I done it or not. The issue can be discussed in any other "orange-out" thread, but that thread was going nowhere. Yes, it was juvenile and yes I'm at fault. I apologize. I should have handled that better. But it was just beyond annoying. So I apologize.

December 20th, 2005, 11:41 am
Rookie Player of the Year

If it's only one or two people you are discussing something with then drop that knowledge on them in a PM.

December 20th, 2005, 11:44 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

If it's only one or two people you are discussing something with then drop that knowledge on them in a PM.

I would.....if I could remember what the hell I wanted to say....

December 20th, 2005, 11:47 am
Junior Varsity

I hope you remember it, I could use a knowledge bomb every now and again.

December 20th, 2005, 12:48 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I just saw this thread today and wanted to add my two cents. As OldSchool stated, being a moderator isn't an easy job, but somebody has to do it. Both of us have experience in that position, so we should know. It basically comes down to judgement calls. If the Admins and moderators are all on the same page of what is acceptable and what is not, it shouldn't be a problem. However, that is not always the case. The number one consideration should be what is in the best interests of the board IMO. If it's a feud between two people, it really ought to be taken to PM instead of subjugating the entire membership to that disagreement. If it's a widespread argument, it should be left alone as long as it does not involve personal attacks. I think the Moderators and Admins here are doing a fantastic job, but every once in awhile everyone makes a mistake. Nobody is perfect and I doubt that any of the Admins or Mods here claim to be. They're doing the best job that they can, and for that, they ought to be applauded.

December 25th, 2005, 2:38 pm
Junior Varsity

I just saw this thread today and wanted to add my two cents. As OldSchool stated, being a moderator isn't an easy job, but somebody has to do it. Both of us have experience in that position, so we should know.

As do I. I believe the situation was reviewed properly by the adminstration of the board and warrants no further discussion.

January 1st, 2006, 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]