View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 25th, 2014, 2:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Sad Tragedy in West Virginia 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Sad Tragedy in West Virginia
Very Sad - 12 of the 13 trapped coal miners are found dead.

Click for Story: 12 of 13 W. Va. Miners Confirmed Dead

My heart goes out to the families involved.

January 4th, 2006, 10:10 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Truly a sad day for all those involved. Peace and Blessings to their loved ones.

January 4th, 2006, 11:21 am
Post Re: Sad Tragedy in West Virginia
LionFan57 wrote:

What's REALLY effed up is the media said that 12 were found alive, and that information was conveyed directly to the families... IMO that is TERRIBLE... they were shown running in jubliation with the thoughts that their loved ones were alive and well, only to find out later that they were all dead, and found dead. That's BS IMO, and unless it was an honest mistake (bad transmission of the message due to technical difficulities) I think someone should be prosecuted.

January 4th, 2006, 3:35 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

wjb21ndtown wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

What's REALLY effed up is the media said that 12 were found alive, and that information was conveyed directly to the families... IMO that is TERRIBLE... they were shown running in jubliation with the thoughts that their loved ones were alive and well, only to find out later that they were all dead, and found dead. That's BS IMO, and unless it was an honest mistake (bad transmission of the message due to technical difficulities) I think someone should be prosecuted.

You honestly think it wasn't a mistake, You think that they purposly give those people joy and false hope just to crush there spirit the next second. I highly doubt thats what happen and am confident it was a mistke. if it was a intentional act if I ever met the person and or persons they would be on the bad end of a whooping

January 5th, 2006, 6:20 pm
Stallion wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
LionFan57 wrote:

What's REALLY effed up is the media said that 12 were found alive, and that information was conveyed directly to the families... IMO that is TERRIBLE... they were shown running in jubliation with the thoughts that their loved ones were alive and well, only to find out later that they were all found dead. That's BS IMO, and unless it was an honest mistake (bad transmission of the message due to technical difficulities) I think someone should be prosecuted.

You honestly think it wasn't a mistake, You think that they purposly give those people joy and false hope just to crush there spirit the next second. I highly doubt thats what happen and am confident it was a mistke. if it was a intentional act if I ever met the person and or persons they would be on the bad end of a whooping

No, what I think happened is they jumped to conclusions, didn't verify things, and reported bullshit rather than fact (as per the norm most of the time). That's not to say that they intentionally gave "those people joy and false hope just to crush their spirit the next second," butrather they wanted to be the first to report thier bullshit unconfirmed story as always and they did so at the expense of the feelings of those involved. Our media is a disgusting money making for-prophit entity rather than a "public service" as it is portrayed. I think serious consideration has to be given not to the government "censoring" the media, but forcing them to be ran as not for prophit entities.

January 5th, 2006, 6:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]