View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 26th, 2014, 1:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Arguing with stupid people... 
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post Arguing with stupid people...
Yesterday my sister in law was bitching about the Marinelli hire. I was curious to hear what she had to say, since her favorite "sport" is NASCAR.

She was saying Marinelli was a terrible hire because he has no previous experience, the Lions are idjits and all this.

I said I don't know, I think he may be alright. Herman Edwards (of whom I'm sure she has never heard) and Bill Belichick didn't have much coaching experience (total BS line on Belichik, but I figured she'd have no idea) before being hired as head coaches....

She interrupted, blurting out, "Yeah, and those guys suck!!!!"

I felt compelled at this point to point out that Belechick may be one of the best coaches in the history of the game, a point that she immediately ignored by saying, "The Lions just don't pay people. That's why they always suck."

:roll:

I decided to get out of the conversation at that point, or risk my rage vein popping out again....

January 23rd, 2006, 12:07 pm
Afghan Allstar

I hate talking football with people that know nothing about football.

January 23rd, 2006, 12:42 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Never argue with a stupid person. They will just drag you down to their level and pummel you with experience.

January 23rd, 2006, 5:13 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Never argue with a stupid person. They will just drag you down to their level and pummel you with experience.

Ever try to argue politics with stupid people? Its horrible, expecially the ones who are extreme left or right. They just say what Sean Hannity or Micheal Moore tell them, and no matter what you say, they are convinced that they are right. Makes me want to smack them with their Miller bottles. :evil:

January 23rd, 2006, 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

No. The remedy is to roar with laughter at their stupidity, point, at them, hunch over and hold the pain in your side from laughing so hard so that everyone can see how stupid this person is. It works all the time.

You can even say stuff to no one in particular like, "Get this! Belichik sucks! Buahahahaha, and Herm Edwards sucks! Buahahaha!"

But certain scenarios are kinda tough... like in-laws... I suppose.

January 24th, 2006, 1:49 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]