View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 8:03 am



Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 New technique finds Earth-like planet 
Author Message
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12208
Post New technique finds Earth-like planet
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/01/2 ... index.html

Pretty cool

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


January 25th, 2006, 3:05 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post Re: New technique finds Earth-like planet
TheRealWags wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/01/25/space.planet.reut/index.html

Pretty cool



I think this stuff is extremely cool!

Thanks Wags.

_________________
Image


January 25th, 2006, 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Afghan Allstar
User avatar

Joined: January 9th, 2006, 1:16 pm
Posts: 564
Location: San Diego, CA
Post 
20,000 light years away. Even if we could somehow travel at the speed of light, it would take 20,000 years to get there. That's ridiculous.

_________________
So many nights I just dream of the ocean, God I wish I was sailing again.


January 25th, 2006, 3:24 pm
Profile
Modmin Dude
User avatar

Joined: December 31st, 2004, 9:55 am
Posts: 12208
Post 
buell17 wrote:
20,000 light years away. Even if we could somehow travel at the speed of light, it would take 20,000 years to get there. That's ridiculous.


I believe that they will find out that they don't have to go the speed of light per se, they will learn about wormholes and such

_________________
Quote:
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right....


January 25th, 2006, 3:25 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2005, 7:03 am
Posts: 7411
Location: Ford Field - 35 yard line / Row 32
Post 
TheRealWags wrote:
buell17 wrote:
20,000 light years away. Even if we could somehow travel at the speed of light, it would take 20,000 years to get there. That's ridiculous.


I believe that they will find out that they don't have to go the speed of light per se, they will learn about wormholes and such


Bingo!

I saw a TV program about this stuff and something they said stuck in my mind. They said that mankind needs to stop thinking in terms of other lifeforms being a 1000 or 10,000 years ahead of us in technology; but rather they might well be 10's or 100's of Millions of years ahead of us in technology.

It's fascinating!

_________________
Image


January 25th, 2006, 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.