View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 CNN Interview with Marine Sniper 
Hall of Fame Player

Post CNN Interview with Marine Sniper
Quote:
Subject: Brief Interview

A CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine Sniper, asked, "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"

The Marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."

:lol:

January 31st, 2006, 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
That's one of those cool comments that makes you proud to be an American, and sort of reaffirms our azz kicking position. However, I think it's important to note that one nations terrorist is another nations freedom fighter. I think that's less true for the AQ terrorists as they really don't have a nation tied to them, but nonetheless they do still represent a good # of people from their region.

I have no problem with "evil" as an adjective for AQ, what I do have a problem with is "evil" as a noun as the Bush regeim so profoundly likes to use when discussing AQ. To say that they are acting in an evil manner is much different than to say that they are evil, they are the "dark side" that needs to be stomped and destroyed... IMO it is wrong to attach that stigma on them, and it's done so to make the point that they are fundementally wrong, and "different" than "us," the "good." Using "evil" as a noun to discuss AQ makes it possible to forward the argument that no matter what their sole goal is to destroy good, and good societies, allegedly the ones we (Western, developed societies) are a part of. Using "evil" as a noun makes it possible to forward the argument that there is no negotiating with these people, that their end is to do away with us.... I'm not 100% certain that is true. Iraq is a holy land for their culture. To the best of my knowledge we were not bothered by them until we occupied their holy land. But then again... it does house the single largest supply of oil... :roll:

January 31st, 2006, 3:02 pm
Stadium Announcer

Post Re: ...
Wisecracker wrote:
Well, I'll be neutral then; Everyone fear my detached personality and nonpartisan principals!

Jeeeess. Everyone take notice. First post for Wisecracker in this fourm as I know of. Thats my boy..........Yes, Wisecracker is my Son. Go get um kiddo, and please ..............FORGET THE PANTHERS AND TURN TO THE DARK SIDE SON. THE BLUE AND SILVER WILL SOON RULE. Glad to see
ya reply though.
Still really suprised ya found this site and replyed to a post. You rule bigger then your Dad, brat!

Love ya, Dad

January 31st, 2006, 10:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]