View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 1:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 F-16 crash video 
Bubbles the Lion

Post F-16 crash video
This is a pretty crazy video, a bird flies into one of the engines and then the pilot is forced to eject, watch it the whole way through! I won't ruin the end but no one gets hurt.

Here's the WMP link for playing the vid
http://www.flightinternational.com/Downloads/video/jet_vs_bird.wmv

Here's the actual site i got it from
http://www.flightinternational.com/Articles/2006/02/01/Navigation/177/204464/VIDEO+NFTC+CT-155+Hawk+pilots+eject+after+bird+strike.html

theres a link for an Apple dload for you Mac users.

February 3rd, 2006, 11:16 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

years ago, a damn goose flew into an engine of a C-5.. At the time, biggest cargo plane of the Air Force.. well it flew into the engine on takeoff and that plane went down.. I can't remember how many died, but darn birds sure waste our tax dollars..

February 3rd, 2006, 11:36 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Don't mean to be picky, but MM, there is only 1 engine in an F-16. Chaz, the C-5 is still the largest in the AF's fleet. However the incident you are referring to was the ingestion of many geese into the intakes of an AWACS bird. As I walked out of the hangar and saw the plume of black smoke rise from over the trees I wondered what it was. I went back into the shop and asked if anyone heard what happened, this came over the radio..."Yukla 27 has gone down and there are 24 souls on board. Give right of way to emergency vehicles..."

Here's a link: http://www.aewa.org/yukla27.html

February 3rd, 2006, 12:53 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Don't mean to be picky, but MM, there is only 1 engine in an F-16. Chaz, the C-5 is still the largest in the AF's fleet. However the incident you are referring to was the ingestion of many geese into the intakes of an AWACS bird. As I walked out of the hangar and saw the plume of black smoke rise from over the trees I wondered what it was. I went back into the shop and asked if anyone heard what happened, this came over the radio..."Yukla 27 has gone down and there are 24 souls on board. Give right of way to emergency vehicles..."

thanks for the correct info.. I thought the C-17 overtook the C-5 in size, but noooooooooooo.. I always enjoyed watching them do touch and go at Kelly AFB.. it looked like they were ready to just drop out of the sky.. it was a sad day for the Air Force when the AWACS crashed.. 24 good people died and I think they now shoot off guns to get those pesky geese out of the area before takeoffs..

February 3rd, 2006, 3:09 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

:arrow: lurk.gif happy7.gif new_microwave.gif new_microwave.gif new_microwave.gif new_microwave.gif new_microwave.gif XXbuzzsaw.gif XXbuzzsaw.gif XXbuzzsaw.gif XXbuzzsaw.gif new_microwave.gif qtank.gif newbie.gif new_butterfly.gif new_butterfly.gif dark1.gif dark1.gif dark1.gif qswim.gif cya.gif pottytrain5.gif new_blowingup.gif

Yummy food he ate the bon homme. And this is all for me to eat. All the time I want.

(My son's first post, of course, he screams in my ear at other times when I am writing.)

February 3rd, 2006, 7:23 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

:arrow: lurk.gif happy7.gif new_microwave.gif new_microwave.gif new_microwave.gif new_microwave.gif new_microwave.gif XXbuzzsaw.gif XXbuzzsaw.gif XXbuzzsaw.gif XXbuzzsaw.gif new_microwave.gif qtank.gif newbie.gif new_butterfly.gif new_butterfly.gif dark1.gif dark1.gif dark1.gif qswim.gif cya.gif pottytrain5.gif new_blowingup.gif

Yummy food he ate the bon homme. And this is all for me to eat. All the time I want.

(My son's first post, of course, he screams in my ear at other times when I am writing.)

And an intelligent and well-thought out post it was too. Welcome to Lionbacker Son of Yorick. headbang.gif

February 3rd, 2006, 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
5th Round Pick - Traded

lionsfanak wrote:

thanks for the correct info.. I thought the C-17 overtook the C-5 in size, but noooooooooooo.. I always enjoyed watching them do touch and go at Kelly AFB.. it looked like they were ready to just drop out of the sky.. it was a sad day for the Air Force when the AWACS crashed.. 24 good people died and I think they now shoot off guns to get those pesky geese out of the area before takeoffs..

They have base ops. drive the length of the runway. They have also eradicated geese from here. This is no longer in their flight pattern due to the BASH program. (Bird Anti Strike Hazard) The C-17 can carry something like 2/3 the payload of the C 17, but it uses much less runway.

February 3rd, 2006, 11:20 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

The c-5 is massive, but have you guys ever seen that Soviet super transport? Wow, that is like the spruce goose.

February 3rd, 2006, 11:57 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

February 4th, 2006, 12:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]