View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 7:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Is Russia turning against the U.S? 
Bubbles the Lion

Post Is Russia turning against the U.S?
I just watched a news report, and "They deserve a very brief response, to Hell with you" was Russia and Putan's response to US policy. They're even supporting Hamas, the terrorist organization, saying they dont believe they are terrorists. They've also been supplying China with weapons and tanks for a while now, helping build their military.

I believe there was also story where China and Russia did a few "combat training" tests together, that made the US concerned a while ago.

Whatever happened to the times when the US was actually liked by most countries? Now everyone just hates us.

February 11th, 2006, 8:56 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

It is a natural rebalancing of power to resist the ambitions of the only remaining superpower. The Russian/Chinese cooperation is mostly symbolic. Resistance to US unilateralism is growing and so multi-faceted at this point that the US's independence and influence is far less than it was eight years ago. You need to look no further than Iran who knows the US is hopelessly bogged down in Iraq and unable to doing anything substantial to them.

Despite having his "soul read" by Bush, Putin has been turning towards authoritarianism for years. It will be interesting to see if Putin's new ICBMs allow Americans to see through the weapons in space in program Bush is still pushing so hard for.

February 11th, 2006, 9:17 pm
Bubbles the Lion

It is a natural rebalancing of power to resist the ambitions of the only remaining superpower. The Russian/Chinese cooperation is mostly symbolic. Resistance to US unilateralism is growing and so multi-faceted at this point that the US's independence and influence is far less than it was eight years ago. You need to look no further than Iran who knows the US is hopelessly bogged down in Iraq and unable to doing anything substantial to them.

I agree.

I beleave we stand alone. We need to realize that we have NO allies and that we cannot depend even on our closest allies.

The U.S. cant even depend on Canada or the U.K. so much anymore, imo, unilateral policy and isolationism can help secure us in the short term, but it will hurt us much in the long term. I think until the U.S. regains its standing on the global stage, we can't trust on even our closest allies to help us in our endeavors. "They smile in my face and stab me in the back"...the U.S. is the world superpower, so therefor, the U.S. has to cast off the pretense that we dont stand alone...we DO stand alone...very much so...

God, do I sound paranoid? lmao

February 11th, 2006, 9:46 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

If you read the New American Century document that the Bush honchos wrote up their goal was not only to remain the sole superpower but to prevent any regional power-read China-from ascending to superpower status. It is my belief first of all that this approach is counter-productive because the blatent use of force tends to precipitate a united response more likely to breed a superpower competitor. More fundamentally, the saber rattling of the Bush administration is pretty hollow. As a superpower the US cannot even manage a minor conflict like Iraq, they can be annihilated by at least one other nation through nuclear arms, and China can throw the US into bankruptcy. The way I see it the US is not really what we would think of as a superpower, but rather its aggressive imperialistic policies are a reflection of a type of a mass denial psychology to cover over how weak we have become.

February 12th, 2006, 10:21 am
Bubbles the Lion

More fundamentally, the saber rattling of the Bush administration is pretty hollow. As a superpower the US cannot even manage a minor conflict like Iraq

Why do you believe the U.S as a super power "cant" handle the war in Iraq? Surly you know that the U.S could simply remove all life from that region. With out even getting off a boat. The u.s is holding an entire country captive with limited ground forces. I see it as very impressive.

Yorick wrote:
they can be annihilated by at least one other nation through nuclear arms

Can we now. I thought that to be true all of my life. I believe or rather hope our government is much farther along in our missile defense systems than they let on. I'm sure it was in development since regan atleast..regardless of the U.N.

Yorick wrote:
and China can throw the US into bankruptcy. The way I see it the US is not really what we would think of as a superpower, but rather its aggressive imperialistic policies are a reflection of a type of a mass denial psychology to cover over how weak we have become.

I dont think that is relevant.. our government prints money lol. But to counter that the u.s has a nice launching point to attack iran and saudi arabia and shut off china's main sources of gas. How would you consider the U.S Weak? Surly not by its Military capabilitys..They own the sea and sky own own own it lol. If your talking about resources..still we rival anyone. Popularity? Now there we are weak.

February 12th, 2006, 5:22 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Why do you believe the U.S as a super power "cant" handle the war in Iraq? Surly you know that the U.S could simply remove all life from that region. With out even getting off a boat. The u.s is holding an entire country captive with limited ground forces. I see it as very impressive.

The U.S. has 1/3 of it's troops tied up in Iraq, and are simply suppressing the insurgency. We will never "win" the war" - see Vietnam

Quote:
Can we now. I thought that to be true all of my life. I believe or rather hope our government is much farther along in our missile defense systems than they let on. I'm sure it was in development since regan atleast..regardless of the U.N.

Our Patriot2 missile defense system is more impressive than any of us know. For that matter our Navy and airforce dwarf anything any other country has - for example a nimitz class aircraft carrier is 102,000 tons, the closest thing Russia ever had was a 48,000 ton scale model. Our new JSF (joint strike fighters) employ an even more impressive version of thrust vectoring than the once dominate Sukoi 47's Russia currently has and could dominate ANY air war. But if you doubt Iran or Syria could get nuclear war head into Iraq and deninate it you obviously have more faith in an intellegents agency that didn't know there wasn't any WMD's in Iraq to begin with.

Quote:
I dont think that is relevant.. our government prints money lol. But to counter that the u.s has a nice launching point to attack iran and saudi arabia and shut off china's main sources of gas. How would you consider the U.S Weak? Surly not by its Military capabilitys..They own the sea and sky own own own it lol. If your talking about resources..still we rival anyone. Popularity? Now there we are weak.

Why would we want to start a war with China? Not a good idea.

And just because the U.S. Prints money doesn't mean we can't be bankrupt. We're closer than we think. The people who "loaned" the United states the money to go into debt with to start with are the same one's who one over 60 percent of the stocks in the federal reserve banks of America.
Quote:
It is estimated the combined debts of the world now exceed $400 trillion. At a modest interest rate of 5%, this amounts to an annual figure of $20 trillion - over $3,300 for every living person on earth. And it is compounding exponentially.

February 13th, 2006, 12:46 am
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

The U.S. has 1/3 of it's troops tied up in Iraq, and are simply suppressing the insurgency. We will never "win" the war" - see Vietnam

The fact is troops mean very little in a modern balls to the walls war (if we actually were fighting for our survival). We have won in Iraq..we destroyed there military in like a week or less.Now we are trying to install a government. But if the u.s felt it necessary or it was necessary for the survival of people back home be leave me.. that we wouldn't need ground troops to wipe out any little threat (or warm body) the terrorist wannabes could bring us there.The problem is ..because of the media we cant just carpet bomb, anthrax or whatever and wipe out everyone in the country and be done with it.. sounds brutal and it is ..but I'm saying in layman terms, is we are pulling our punches so to speak. The U.S. is just trying to be the good guys and not kill children and innocent people.That would go right out the window if there was an actual threat to the survival of the united states and its people.

Ferris wrote:
Our Patriot2 missile defense system is more impressive than any of us know. For that matter our Navy and airforce dwarf anything any other country has - for example a nimitz class aircraft carrier is 102,000 tons, the closest thing Russia ever had was a 48,000 ton scale model. Our new JSF (joint strike fighters) employ an even more impressive version of thrust vectoring than the once dominate Sukoi 47's Russia currently has and could dominate ANY air war. But if you doubt Iran or Syria could get nuclear war head into Iraq and deninate it you obviously have more faith in an intellegents agency that didn't know there wasn't any WMD's in Iraq to begin with.

So you agree with me? And i wasn't talking about patriot two's. Rather this kind of thing..

you know the stuff thats not on cnn.

Ferris wrote:
Why would we want to start a war with China? Not a good idea.

And just because the U.S. Prints money doesn't mean we can't be bankrupt. We're closer than we think. The people who "loaned" the United states the money to go into debt with to start with are the same one's who one over 60 percent of the stocks in the federal reserve banks of America.
Quote:
It is estimated the combined debts of the world now exceed $400 trillion. At a modest interest rate of 5%, this amounts to an annual figure of $20 trillion - over $3,300 for every living person on earth. And it is compounding exponentially.

I was joking about the money jeez.. but really debt doesnt matter when nukes get airbourne now does it? And we shouldnt start a war with china un less nessary... i would agree :lol:

February 13th, 2006, 2:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]