View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently May 20th, 2018, 6:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Immigration... 
RIP Killer

Post Immigration...
Yeah, so with all the rallies going on, I'm becoming more and more pissed.

First off, I'm a Native American, so I'm part of one of the least represented minorities in the country.

I don't understand the immigrants here complaining about the immigration laws.

YES, they need to be sticter.
YES, hundreds of immigrants walk across the border illegally.
YES, thousands of immigrants are working under the table in America, avoiding having to pay taxes.
YES, the country has to know WHO is in their own country. That's a no brainer.

Germany, Britain, Canada, and every other country says "hell no" to people just walking across their borders, but America should say "please, come, work here!"? No, that's BS. Why the double standard here? Why do immigrants think America's laws are unjust, but don't question the laws of any other country around the world? Countries have passports for a reason. The US has border checkpoints for a reason. The government has to know who is in the US at any given time. Drugs, criminals, terrorists, etc. You have to know. I don't get it.

Keep in mind, I'm not against immigration, but a line has to be drawn. I'm all for equality (whether it be race, sex, age, sexual orientation, I don't care), but there has to be a limit on immigration.

Can someone enlighten me as to the viewpoint of the protestors and set me straight here? Am I right?

April 13th, 2006, 1:40 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I too am Native American (actually I prefer to be called Indian) and personally I think they need to shut the borders down. Remove all of the illegal's and start over. I don't see a need for more immigrants here as we already have enough homeless and unemployed.

April 13th, 2006, 3:37 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I too am Native American (actually I prefer to be called Indian) and personally I think they need to shut the borders down. Remove all of the illegal's and start over. I don't see a need for more immigrants here as we already have enough homeless and unemployed.

IAWTC

However for the record I am white as white can be.

NEVER GIVE UP!

April 13th, 2006, 5:54 pm
Varsity Captain

- Illegal immigration is a felony in Mexico.

- Any political activity by non-citizens is banned, including protests.

- Mexico can expell any non-citizen for any reason, at anytime, and without due process.

We should start building walls on the southern border, beefing up border security, and deporting any illegals that are found in the U.S., and make it a felony to cross the border illegally just like Mexico does.

I have no problem with immigrants, but they must do so legally, there of thousends waiting in line following the law to get into the country, and these people who break the law and then try to make themselves out as victims should not be allowed to do so.

April 14th, 2006, 8:45 pm
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Actually, I agree with all that is said, but I'd like to add a few items to it...

1) Until the wall is built, complete with Observation Towers and ARMED GUARDS, I believe the troops should be stationed there with an ACTIVE PATROL Schedule.

2) I think the illegals should be rounded up, and sent back to Mexico, or whatever country they came from, and the cost for transportation and food, should be charged to the respective government.

3) It's amazing to me how, prior to this legislation, all you saw was Mexican flags flying everywhere, but as soon as the gig's up, out come the American flags, and signs saying how proud they are to be American.

4) Why wasn't Immigration present at the rally's? I do believe a large dragnet would have caught quite a few, or broke up the rally rather quickly.

Acts 4:13, 1 Cor. 2:1-5, Rom. 12:1-2

April 14th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Many Illegal Immigrants Have Jobs in U.S. Before Crossing Border
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191889,00.html

When Pedro Lopez Vazquez crossed illegally into the United States last week, he was not heading north to look for a job. He already had one.

His future employer even paid $1,000 for a smuggler to help Vazquez make his way from the central Mexican city of Puebla to Aspen, Colo.

"We're going to Colorado to work in carpentry because we have a friend who was going to give us a job," Vazquez said.

Vazquez, 41, was interviewed along the Arizona border after being deported twice by the U.S. Border Patrol. He said he would keep trying until he got to Aspen.

His story is not unusual. A growing number of U.S. employers and migrants are tapping into an underground employment network that matches one with the other, often before the migrants leave home.

"It continues to become clear who controls immigration: It's not governments, but rather the market," said Jorge Santibanez, director of the Tijuana-based think-tank Colegio de la Frontera Norte.

As debate over immigration heats up in the United States, more and more U.S. companies in need of cheap labor are turning to undocumented employees to recruit friends and relatives back home, and to smugglers to find job seekers.

At the same time, it has become less risky for companies to recruit illegal migrants. Since the Sept. 11 terror attacks, U.S. prosecution of employers who hire such workers has dwindled to a trickle as the government puts its resources toward national security.

The few cases that are prosecuted, however, highlight how lucrative a business recruiting undocumented workers has become. In one case, a single smuggler allegedly earned $900,000 over 15 months placing 6,000 migrants in jobs at Chinese restaurants across the upper Midwest.

Shan Wei Yu, a 51-year-old Chinese-American, was sentenced in December to nine years in federal prison on charges involving the transportation of 40 of those migrants. Investigations involving the others continue.

Rick Hilzendager, special agent for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Grand Forks, N.D., said Yu connected 6,000 migrants from Latin America with jobs in Chinese restaurants in Illinois, Michigan, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.

April 15th, 2006, 5:26 pm
RIP Killer

I heard a report on MSNBC that said 30 MILLION new immigrants will be legal citizens in the next decade. WTF? There's only so many public service jobs. We have enough unemployed. Make someone who just walks over here a citizen so they can reap the benefits at $5.75/hr. Bullshit.

April 25th, 2006, 1:53 pm
Site Admin

I suppose one of the issues from their perspective is the fact that the Mexican govt is overtly corrupt. I would assume that those who have been put "on the list" know someone or paid someone very well. If I had to do it to feed my family I would cross the border as well. I think it's almost entirely the US's fault though for having no real border...of course people will diffuse over to make money when their country is in financial ruine :roll:

April 25th, 2006, 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I understand the reasoning behind it, but the protests are ubsurd in my opinion - for the reasons HunterMSU stated.

April 25th, 2006, 2:17 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

I say we let them in but only to work in mexican restaurants I enjoy good maxican food, I am also indian (1/16th) and I SAY WE KICK THE WHITE PEOPLE OUT. :cheers:

April 25th, 2006, 2:22 pm
A couple interesting fact about Mexico:

- Illegal immigration is a felony in Mexico.

- Any political activity by non-citizens is banned, including protests.

- Mexico can expell any non-citizen for any reason, at anytime, and without due process.

We should start building walls on the southern border, beefing up border security, and deporting any illegals that are found in the U.S., and make it a felony to cross the border illegally just like Mexico does.

I have no problem with immigrants, but they must do so legally, there of thousends waiting in line following the law to get into the country, and these people who break the law and then try to make themselves out as victims should not be allowed to do so.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe political protest from Mexican nationals is also banned, not overtly, but covertly... Basically they can protest as long as it's not too "anti-goverment"....

Also, I believe any nation can remove a non-national from their country without due process should they choose... Persona non grata...

Quote:
Under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations Article 9, a receiving State may "at any time and without having to explain its decision" declare any member of a diplomatic staff persona non grata. A person so declared is considered unacceptable and is usually recalled to his or her home nation. If not recalled, the receiving State "may refuse to recognize the person concerned as a member of the mission."

While that explaination is related specifically to "diplomatic staff," I believe the same is true for non-nationals.

That said... I too think we should have more strict boarder control...

April 25th, 2006, 3:02 pm
Team MVP

I think there's a few things that have to happen for the illegal immigration problem to be solved.

1. The government needs to enforce the laws that are already on the books and crack down on the companies who are hiring the illegals. If there were no supply of work for them, they wouldn't have a reason to come here. If the supply goes away, so does the demand.

2. Secure the border. There are several ways this could happen, but probably to most feasible would be to either significantly increase the number of border patrol agents so they can patrol the entire border. Or, militarize the border, use the national guard to get it under control, and then turn it back over to border patrol (with the increase in agents).

3. El Presidente Bush needs to get on the phone to his buddy Vicente and tell him to shape up his own country and stop aiding his citizens in their efforts to sneak up here or we will cut off the aid we pay to Mexico.

I'm sure there are other things I'm missing, but it has to be a multi-pronged approach. Simply building a wall or trying to deport all illegals isn't going to work on it's own.

April 25th, 2006, 4:02 pm
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

Thought this was interesting, and maybe this should be the next boycott that the illegals do eh?

Because of the recent publicity regarding how much illegal immigrants are doing for this country, has anyone ever thought about asking:

1. Have a boycott for one day and don't take advantage of our health care. It would be interesting to see how much money our various governments save that day. Also how much money the hospitals would save thus maybe passing it on to our citizens who deserve the health care because or working all their lives legally.

2. Don't take advantage of the welfare system for one day. Again - how much money would we save.

3. All of the students would attend school for at least one day without being truant for all or part. Too many of the students who are here illegally do not take advantage of a free education. Has anyone ever done a study on school attendance and grades of illegal immigrants.

4. Give up the advantage of having free lunch at school for one day and see how much money is saved.

5. For one day boycott trying to get into this country illegally - see how much money and time could be saved for fighting crime elsewhere in our States.

6. Boycott bringing drugs into this country for one day - who knows how many lives might be spared that day.

7. Boycott driving on our roads without a license or in an uninsured vehicle. Some lives might be spared there, not to mention money saved in insurance, hospitalization, court costs, etc.

8. Boycott calling the police for the shootings, drug related/gang related crimes. Take care of them yourself.

Like I said it would be very interesting to see really how much time, resources and money is saved and how if would offset the supposed economical impact if the illegal immigrants (from any country) would all return to their own country and come in legally. Or be like the immigrants of old and upon arriving to this country, did not have social services of which to take advantage.

Don't try to make this country into the one you left, unless you want to escape in a few years back from whence you came because this country no longer was the place to be.

Interesting

Acts 4:13, 1 Cor. 2:1-5, Rom. 12:1-2

May 2nd, 2006, 10:56 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Here's a novel concept: If the illegal immigrants are unhappy here, why don't they just leave? That would solve that problem. :lol:

May 3rd, 2006, 6:15 pm
Hall of Fame Player

I received this in an e-mail and thought that I'd share it. It's very interesting and thought provoking although I'm not sure that I agree with points 7 and 8. (I'd need more data on those points first). But it is, IMO, true about our weak politicians being afraid to stand up for those of us who are Americans. I see our politicians (both sides) attempting to turn their backs on us in order to become the party of choice to the Latino constituency.

Quote:
An open letter sent to Senator Frist from a retired border patrol agent.

Dear Senator Frist:

There is a huge amount of propaganda and myths circulating about illegal aliens, particularly illegal Mexican, Salvadorian, Guatemalan and Honduran aliens.

1. Illegal aliens generally do NOT want U.S. citizenship. Americans are very vain thinking that everybody in the world wants to be a U.S. citizen. Mexicans, and other nationalities want to remain citizens of their home countries while obtaining the benefits offered by the Unit ed States such as employment, medical care, in-state tuition, government subsidized housing and free education for their offspring. Their main attraction is employment and their loyalty usually remains at home. They want benefits earned and subsidized by middle class Americans. What illegal aliens want are benefits of American residence without paying the price.

2. There are no jobs that Americans won't do. Illegal aliens are doing jobs that Americans can't take and still support their families. Illegal aliens take low wage jobs, live dozens in a single residence home, share expenses and send money to their home country. There are no jobs that Americans won't do for a decent wage.

3. Every person who illegally entered this nation left a home. They are NOT homeless and they are NOT Americans. Some left jobs in their home countries. They come to send money to their real home as evidenced by the more than 20 billion dollars sent out of the country each year by illegal aliens. These illegal aliens knowingly and willfully entered this nation in violation of the law and therefore assumed the risk of detection and deportation. Those who brought their alien children assumed the responsibility and risk on behalf of their children.

4. Illegal aliens are NOT critical to the economy. Illegal aliens constitute less than 5% of the workforce. However, they reduce wages and benefits for lawful U.S. residents.

5. This is NOT an immigrant nation. There are 280 million native born Americans. While it is true that this nation was settled and founded by immigrants (legal immigrants), it is also true that there is not a nation on this planet that was not settled by immigrants at one time or another.

6. The United States is welcoming to legal immigrants. Illegal aliens are not immigrants by definition. The U.S. accepts more lawful immigrants every year than the rest of the world combined.

7. There is no such thing as the "Hispanic vote". Hispanics are white, brown, black and every shade in between. Hispanics are Republicans, Democrats, Anarchists, Communists, Marxists and Independents. The so-called "Hispanic vote" is a myth. Pandering to illegal aliens to get the Hispanic vote is a dead end.

8. Mexico is NOT a friend of the United States. Since 1848 Mexicans have resented the United States. During World War I Mexico allowed German Spies to operate freely in Mexico to spy on the U.S. During World War II Mexico allowed the Axis powers to spy on the U.S. from Mexico. During the Cold War Mexico allowed spies hostile to the U.S. to operate freely. The attack on the Twin Towers in 2001 was cheered and applauded all across Mexico. Today Mexican school children are taught that the U.S. stole California, Arizona, new Mexico and Texas. If you don't believe it, check out some Mexican textbooks written for their schoolchildren.

9. Although some illegal aliens enter this country for a better life, there are 6 billion people on this planet. At least 1 billion of those live on less than one dollar a day. If wanting a better life is a valid excuse to break the law and sneak into America, then let's allow those one billion to come to America and we'll turn the USA into a Third World nation overnight. Besides, there are 280 million native born Americans who want a better life. I'll bet Bill Gates and Donald Trump want a better life. When will the USA lifeboat be full? Since when is wanting a better life a good reason to trash another nation?

10. There is a labor shortage in this country. This is a lie. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of American housewives, senior citizens, students, unemployed and underemployed who would gladly take jobs at a decent wage.

11. It is racist to want secure borders. What is racist about wanting secure borders and a secure America? What is racist about not wanting people to sneak into America and steal benefits we have set aside for legal aliens, senior citizens, children and other legal residents? What is it about race that entitles people to violate our laws, steal identities, and take the American Dream without paying the price?

For about four decades American politicians have refused to secure our borders and look after the welfare of middle class Americans. These politicians have been of both parties. A huge debt to American society has resulted. This debt will be satisfied and the interest will be high. There has already been riots in the streets by illegal aliens and their supporters. There will be more. You, as a politician, have a choice to offend the illegal aliens who have stolen into this country and demanded the rights afforded to U.S. citizens or to offend those of us who are stakeholders in this country. The interest will be steep either way. There will be civil unrest. There will be a reckoning. Do you have the courage to do what is right for America? Or, will you bow to the wants and needs of those who don't even have the right to remain here?

There will be a reckoning. It will come in November of this year, again in 2008 and yet again in 2010.

We will not allow America to be stolen by third world agitators and thieves.

David J. Stoddard
U.S. Border Patrol (RET)
Hereford, Arizona

May 12th, 2006, 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next