View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 17th, 2018, 1:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 NFL Radio 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Getting back on topic, the Lions are one of only a handful of teams that don't broadcast on NFL FieldPass. I have no idea why. This means that you have to listen to the other team's announcers instead. I recall that there was a game two years ago where neither team was a part of the network, so it wasn't covered at all. That would really suck if FieldPass was your only option.

As for the NFL Sunday Ticket, it is only carried on Direct TV. They pay hundreds of millions of dollars per year for the exclusive rights. You can't get it on cable that I'm aware of, but I'd imagine that Direct TV could sell the ability to broadcast it to certain cable outlets if they wanted to. Unfortunately, I think they want to keep it away from the major cable companies in order to increase their number of subscribers.

DevilDoc, you should be able to go to detroitlions.com and find an email address to question someone about this. Sometime this weekend, I'll probably do it and see if they give me a response. The more people that complain about it, the more likely that they'll agree to join the network. For your sake, and the other out of town Lion fans, I hope that they do.

May 19th, 2006, 6:34 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Aslan wrote:
Whats wrong with his signature? The fact he doesn't wanna ride with someone who killed someone because of his drunk driving?
Cheney was drunk , hunting out of a limo , didnt have a license and shot someone in the face. WTF?........I know off topic.

Well, I'd rather be shot in the face than support Cheney, so I guess it's a draw. The VP of this country is such an alcoholic that he can't even stop drinking long enough to hunt.
And we wonder why people hate us...

May 19th, 2006, 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post your Cheney crap here -- CHENEY THREAD if you do post more off topic in this thread, it could always be deleted, who knows?

. . . back to topic. Sirius w/watching the stats on NFL.com is good if you only want to pay $13/mo and not what $25-$30 that the NFL Network costs (as well as paying for additional DirecTV. I have it now, but it's just because my apt came with it. I travel a lot so Sirius is awesome. If you have money to burn, get DirectTV, but if you're like me and you would rather put new heads/cams in your ride or invest in a 62 inch HDTV, go for the Sirius.

May 19th, 2006, 7:11 pm
ST Coordinator – Joe Marciano

What is really hard is when you are abroad. Canada is not so bad because they are hooked into Sunday ticket, but if you start to get to out of the way places in Europe or the Middle East forget about live coverage. In Britain you get matches, but as far as the Lions it is luck of the draw. I did not get the sense that that is likely to change. Probably, eventually the NFL will be distributed through the internet when the cable companies finally merge with the telecoms or something of that nature.

May 19th, 2006, 7:37 pm
NFL Team Captain

Pablo wrote:
3 words - DirecTV Sunday Ticket

plus you get the NFL Network to boot!
DevilDoc get with it man , I dont understand how a fan who lives out of town could not drop the $200,Id pay twice that!

NFL Sunday Ticket is the only way to go! I am an avid subscriber every year. Matter of fact I got the notice in my email that I was atuomatically renewed for this year. 5 Payments @ $41.80. Now I'd rather have Season Tickets, but I can't, so this is definately the way to go if you want to watch Lions games. :wink:

May 19th, 2006, 8:08 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Am I missing something here? I used FieldPass to listen to Dan Miller/Jim Brandstatter (sp?) all season long last year... from down here in Tejas...

May 22nd, 2006, 3:49 pm
QB Coach - Brian Callahan

How? I got ripped here in Indiana. What did you do to get the games with home announcers?

Acts 4:13, 1 Cor. 2:1-5, Rom. 12:1-2

May 22nd, 2006, 8:57 pm
Div 1 - Starter

I just bought NFL FieldPass. On Sunday afternoons, I'd go to the NFL.com site, find the FieldPass listing, find the Lions game, and click on "Detroit" (as opposed to the other team).

I remember conversations on MLive before last season that 2005 was going to be the first year Lions were actually going to participate. So before 2005, sure, FieldPass probably didn't work. But last year it did.

Try this.

May 23rd, 2006, 4:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2