View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 14th, 2018, 5:14 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Should I Resign Lion fan affiliation? 

Should I resign my Lion Fan affiliation?
YES you should cause youre an anti-union limbaugh-lover. 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
YES you should cause youre too HARD HITTING for this softball thin-skin melanoma forum. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
YES you should because youre behind the times, todays generation is very tolerant of rats who immediately rat-out a Lombardi-like new coach in the NFL's most pathetic franchise. 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
NO Ive got a thick skin, appreciate different views, and think its ok that you wanted to know who the rat was that ratted out cool coach Marinelli. 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
I DONT CARE, all I want is for the censors to do their job and lock down this post. Any speech I dont like should be censorsed. ALLUAH AKBAR! 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
IT DOESN'T MATTER, because I'm a turd ferguson who would rather complain than talk football (how's that for censorship?) 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Should I Resign Lion fan affiliation? 
Rookie Player of the Year

If you would've came to me like a man and not a child, and told me that it offended you in a respectful way, maybe I would change it?
But not now.
I don't give in to children's requests. I'm not your mother, who is calling for you by the way... it's time to brush your teeth.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

June 1st, 2006, 11:51 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

All you needed to say was, "Man, that's kind of offensive to me, can you change it?"
But no, you wanted to act like a child and throw back insults. So just leave it alone.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

June 1st, 2006, 11:55 pm
Profile WWW
Def. Coordinator – Teryl Austin

Post Re: Should I Resign Lion fan affiliation?
SgtMarinelli wrote:
Ive been a Lionfan for better than twenty years but have recently moved out of Michigan for a better job and more suitable environment.

Everyday I spend in my new surroundings I realize how much more I like the weather and the people. Until I came to this forum however, I always thought I would remain a fan of the Lions, but 90% (not all) of the people here, including the thin-skinned censorship happy admin, make me realize how little I have in common with Lionfans as a group. If the average Lionfan is fairly represented by this forum, of which I clash with, then why remain a patron?

Some of you proud participants might get confused by this thread...so let me phrase it this way, if you didnt get a long with some group of people, say Islam-o-facists or skin-heads, would that reflect badly on you?

Yes, its true, I dont get along with wacko-super-leftists or superduper religious wackos or thin skinned types from any political group or ultra-pro union religious wackos or close-minded people. So, wherever you fit in that fine selection...enjoy the company. I, on the other hand, am proud to say that I dont fit in.

So let me get this straight...You want to stop supporting a team you love beacuse you're not the #1 fan......of the other fans.......that you call thin skinned???? :shock: im confused!

in answer to your poll: Do you often ask others to tell you what you're supposed to like? It seems to me that You should like what you like and say to hell with what others think. I find it really odd that an adult would take being disagreed with so harshly. It's like, now your all mad, and you're taking your ball and going home.

I guess my advise is, do what you gotta do man.

June 2nd, 2006, 12:18 am
Lionbacker Rehab Guru

The Mods are doing the best job that they can under the circumstances.

IMO, as long as the signature doesn't violate board rules (no nudity, swearing, attacking other posters, etc.), it should be acceptable.

Actually I hi-jacked this thread to bring it to the Mods attention that they are letting a fairly offensive post occur in 'The Jungle' where I thought we try to keep the topic on football. Since the offense occurred in the signature, it has been flying under their radar. If Min used the signature as a post or a topic, it would be bounced to 'off topic', which I think is where it belongs. All in all I think the Mods/Admin are doing a good job, and if they think sick humor / attack signatures are legit, I'm all for it. It is their call. It is their 'Lionbacker Forum' and they get to set it up the way they like best.

Though he is a bit inconsistent and bounces around a lot, it has been fun arguing with Min. I don't really expect him to change of his own accord because, as I said earlier, he wants to be offensive - as long as he can get away with it. I do not care at all what Min wants or doesn't want. It is up to the Mods/Admin.

If it were my call I would say it violates COC because the signature line does attack other posters. But because it attacks religious people nobody seems to care.

I'm wondering what other sick humor / attack signatures could pass muster. Like;

I wonder why the government supports funding for HIV? Just let the homosexuals go and they will kill themselves off in a few years with AIDS.

What's the difference between a Jew and a Pizza?

Did you here the one about the Black hooker, a chicken and a watermelon?

Or, ... well I think I made my point. If there is a place in Lionbacker for attacking groups of people, be it religious, homosexuals or people of color, it is in 'Off Topic'. It should not show up in the Jungle.

Course that is just little ole me talkin.

June 2nd, 2006, 12:53 am
ST Coordinator – Joe Marciano

IMO, as long as the signature doesn't violate board rules (no nudity, swearing, attacking other posters, etc.), it should be acceptable. Of course, not everyone will find it acceptable, but that's the nature of a free society. I used to be a moderator on another site and I know that you can not please everyone. 10% of the people may complain about something, while the other 90% accept it. What do you do? Satisfy the 10% while censoring the other 90%? That isn't right.

As an Admin or a Mod, you have to walk a fine line, and I think these guys are doing a fantastic job of it. Personally, I'm glad that I don't have to deal with the headache anymore since it seemed like a second job at times. Just realize that you can't please everybody all of the time and move on. The Mods are doing the best job that they can under the circumstances. I hope that made sense.

I agree. The moderators do a fantastic job, especially avoiding the bait to censor like that past case.

June 2nd, 2006, 3:13 am
ST Coordinator – Joe Marciano

slybri19 wrote:
The Mods are doing the best job that they can under the circumstances.

IMO, as long as the signature doesn't violate board rules (no nudity, swearing, attacking other posters, etc.), it should be acceptable.

Actually I hi-jacked this thread to bring it to the Mods attention that they are letting a fairly offensive post occur in 'The Jungle' where I thought we try to keep the topic on football. Since the offense occurred in the signature, it has been flying under their radar. If Min used the signature as a post or a topic, it would be bounced to 'off topic', which I think is where it belongs. All in all I think the Mods/Admin are doing a good job, and if they think sick humor / attack signatures are legit, I'm all for it. It is their call. It is their 'Lionbacker Forum' and they get to set it up the way they like best.

Though he is a bit inconsistent and bounces around a lot, it has been fun arguing with Min. I don't really expect him to change of his own accord because, as I said earlier, he wants to be offensive - as long as he can get away with it. I do not care at all what Min wants or doesn't want. It is up to the Mods/Admin.

If it were my call I would say it violates COC because the signature line does attack other posters. But because it attacks religious people nobody seems to care.

I'm wondering what other sick humor / attack signatures could pass muster. Like;

I wonder why the government supports funding for HIV? Just let the homosexuals go and they will kill themselves off in a few years with AIDS.

What's the difference between a Jew and a Pizza?

Did you here the one about the Black hooker, a chicken and a watermelon?

Or, ... well I think I made my point. If there is a place in Lionbacker for attacking groups of people, be it religious, homosexuals or people of color, it is in 'Off Topic'. It should not show up in the Jungle.

Course that is just little ole me talkin.

I think you raise a legitimate point about the signature having to pass the same muster regarding the code of conduct. My sense is that what people are telling you is that they feel that while that particular signature is crass it is too vague to qualify as a personal attack. Personally, I think self-censorship is the key for evading offense in a public forum, but you are probably right that stereotyping of other minority communities or view points probably would have excited comment. Our society is far from consistent, with toleration of anti-semitism and anti-Islam being one exhibition of these poles.

June 2nd, 2006, 3:30 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: OFFICIAL LAST POST
SgtMarinelli wrote:
ITS OFFICIAL, THIS IS MY LAST POST.

DONT YOU OTHER FORUM SHEEP DARE TO "WALK THE LINE" IN HERE...THEM CENSORS ILL BE ALL OVER YA, LIKES PIGS ON SHYYT.

TRUCKIN, DONT BE SO HARD ON MINERAL, IF YOU COULD GET THE ADMIN TO LOCK DOWN OR MOVE A THREAD EVERYTIME YOU CRIED, WOULDNT YOU DO SO AS WELL?

NOW LOCK DOWN THIS POST MONKEYS!!!

BUUU-BYE

Thank GOD!! =D>

Thank you for making that your last post. The others were so childish and / or inane that we're all smarter for your absence.

I'm positive you're still reading this either hidden or under a new name because you're far to self absorbed to let it go.

Here's a few clues on life: When you become convinced the you're fine and everyone else is the problem then you're living in the land of denial. And when you're convinced "the important work you do" (finding the nark) is a critical need to society around you then you're delusional.

Sarge wrote:
Everyday I spend in my new surroundings I realize how much more I like the weather and the people.

Perhaps your new surroundings include a lot of people in white coats carrying stethoscopes and nurses bringing you medication 3 times a day. I'm so happy that you've found a world where you fit in. Eloise is a better place with you in it.

CO2 said it right. PATHETIC!! This thread you created screams of your need for attention and an immature disposition. It's no surprise whatsoever that you've chosen the most cowardly way in which to exit.

June 2nd, 2006, 7:12 am
Profile WWW
Junior Varsity

mineral723 wrote:
TruckinMack wrote:
Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other...
You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

And I just put it to you in terms that an ignorant bible-thumper would understand.

So many interesting comments.
First off, calling me an ignorant Bible Thumper, yet it is you who first brought up Jesus, and it is you who first brought up a biblical quote. As far as ignorance of the Bible, I've read a bit more than 'The Sermon on the Mount'.

It is also interesting you chose to come at me with a Christian quote. I'm more convinced than ever you're a 6 year old acting out. Probably mad at mommy for making you go to church.

Well to answer your biblical quote, Jesus said to turn the other cheek and then he went to the temple and he pulled an old school on the money changers. What would Jesus do? Well he didn't tolerate rude behavior. With Gods and prohets, it always confusing.

If you read just a little before the new testament, you'll find Ecclesiastes, which has a telling lesson.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."
Right now it is not time to tolerate your rudeness. An apology would be a good place to start.

I certainly forgive you for your sins, much as I do my children. But I shant let your transgression stand unopposed. That would be wrong.

I think I understand your conflict. Your mommy and daddy don't think they can punish you when you are bad cuz they think they are supposed to turn the other cheek.

As to one of your lessons, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute Mineral, I love you and I just said a prayer for you. That does not mean for a millisecond that I'm gonna accept your rude behavior towards religious people.

Isn't that a quote from Footloose?

June 2nd, 2006, 8:07 am
Site Admin

Truckin Mack I will not be requiring Mineral to change his sig...sly had it right with regards to our basic rules. I do not want to get into the business of micromanaging this board. Thus far people have in general been very good and we have had to level few bans for bad behavior. The fact that we had a pretty much civil discussion on religion was amazing. Anyone who has spent time on message boards knows how that can blow up into a nightmare.

We talk politics, religion, etc...all the hot button topics due to the fact that it is the slowest football time of the year and there hasn't been any real issues as a result. I noticed Minerals sig some time ago and it is obnoxious...but that's his intent. I will not be provoked by his desire to spark controversy.

Mineral...I like your regular contributions but I also think you like to rock the boat. Sometimes you shouldn't have to be asked to not be inconsiderate. You know better than to act like you have no idea that your sig wouldn't ruffle some folks feathers. I will not require you to remove it, but I will say that on a personal note I think it's plain just not very funny.

btw...I am closing this thread to excercise my power of censorship. :bananadance:

June 2nd, 2006, 8:23 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4