View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 12:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Movie Reviews? I got some! 
Site Admin

Post Movie Reviews? I got some!
I think it would be cool if people on occasion wrote a bit of a review on movies they have recently seen.

I will comment on a couple "horror" flicks I have recently rented. I like a good scary movie but since there are so few there have not been many to like IMO. As a middle schooler I pretty much went through every horror flick in the section seeing high budget ones like Poltergiest all the way to terribly cheap classics like Raw Head Rex. The Mrs. hates em so my chances to see them have slimmed a great deal but here are the two most recent ones I have seen.

Saw rate R ?
Some psychopath traps people in innovative death puzzles to give them an appreciation of life. This movie was interesting because of plot twists and turns but I found severely lacking in the ?fear? department. I can?t think of a time when I even jumped. Because the characters weren?t exactly well developed when their life was in danger I really didn?t care a whole lot. As Ivan Drago would say, ?If he dies?he dies?. But the movie was interesting enough to be worth the rental IMO.

The Grudge PG13 ?
No here was a surprise. I didn?t know scary movies could be PG-13. When I ?saw? that it was ok for puberty participants to check out I was pretty worried that it would be awful and watered down. But I in fact was pretty pleasantly surprised. I found this movie extremely creepy and thus completely accomplishing it?s goal. In fact it made Saw look pretty poorly in the fear factor and Saw should be ashamed of it?s R rating for that. Effective use of atmosphere, timing, and sound made this a pretty intense trip. Let me put it this way?my Mother who had every Steven King book ever made wouldn?t watch it. I believe it was produced by the same person who did the Ring and coming out with the Ring 2. And if you have seen the Ring and liked it I think you will really enjoy the Grudge.

I don?t want to say too much about either movie aside from my impression and general ideas about what was good and what was bad for those who have not seen them but more serve as a guide as to whether you even want to check it out.

March 21st, 2005, 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I recently saw Hitch. It was a good movie. Funny, but designed for a woman like that deoderant "Secret." Great alternative to a "chick flick" if you're going on a date.

March 21st, 2005, 3:06 pm
Pop Warner Vet

Saw had a good idea but sucked cause of the casting/acting/directing. It was ok but stupid all at the same time.

the Grudge was helluva lot better if your mom don't mind warshing streaks outta your shorts :?

MEOW!!!!!!!!

March 21st, 2005, 3:09 pm
RIP Killer

Yeah, Saw had a really weak cast. The acting was unimpressive.

Hide and Seek was a pretty good movie. That little girl is weird and freaky though. The acting in that movie is awesome compared to Saw. It's got a strange, surprising ending and a lot of people were jumpy during the movie. I would recommend it.

March 21st, 2005, 3:14 pm
Pop Warner Vet

Yeah, I am thinking that the Doctor from Lost would have kicked Princess Brides guy rectum in that part and Steve Buscemi over the annoying dude in the tub. Then I might have cared about their life and death dilemas.

March 21st, 2005, 3:19 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

The two guys chained to the wall sucked as actors.

March 21st, 2005, 4:07 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I thought the Grudge was horrible. Too long and slow. I recently saw Boogyman.........total pooop!!! Nothing happened until the last 15 minutes of the movie.

March 22nd, 2005, 12:30 am
Site Admin

I thought the Grudge was horrible. Too long and slow. I recently saw Boogyman.........total pooop!!! Nothing happened until the last 15 minutes of the movie.

baaaah humbug! :lol: :wink:

March 22nd, 2005, 9:11 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

The Grudge was one of the stupidest movies i've ever seen... I left the movie not knowing if it ended or not... the plot was incredibly predictable and redundant. The same thing happened for about 4 scenes in a row.

March 23rd, 2005, 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Brian...I don't think we can be friends anymore :cry:

Admit it...you creamed your pants Bri :lol:

March 23rd, 2005, 9:46 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]