View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 17th, 2014, 4:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Quote from ESPN on Favre. 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Quote from ESPN on Favre.
ESPN wrote:
Brett Favre threw two more interceptions in Green Bay's shutout loss yesterday, giving him 257 for his career -- just 20 shy of George Blanda's all-time record. Will ESPN start running a Bonds-esque "Chasing Blanda" scroll at the bottom of the screen as Favre goes after -- and inevitably passes -- this historic mark? I have no idea, although they should. But I'd like to throw a bone to all of the Favre apologists out there. In order to prevent their hero from breaking Blanda's mark, I say Favre's picks no longer be recorded as interceptions. Instead, they shall be called "gunslings." It's simply disrespectful to say: "Brett Favre stinks. He threw five more interceptions last night." To me, this sounds much better: "Did you see Brett Favre throw five gunslings last night? Man, what a gunslinger. He threw them so hard directly into the defenders' hands that he made them bleed. No one throws gunslings like Brett Favre."

found at packerforum.com

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

September 21st, 2006, 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Butt Pirate

I am here to spread love and good will to all.. It is NOT my fault you root for the wrong team ! :P

GO BEARS !

"ON NOTICE"

1. mineral723
2. kskfordfleet
3. lionfan57

September 22nd, 2006, 3:24 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

"on notice" ? WTF ? :?
I am here to spread love and good will to all.. It is NOT my fault you root for the wrong team ! :P

GO BEARS !

Dude... We're not jumping ship because the Bears are good, just as we didn't when the Packers were good.
Don't worry, your "dynasty" probably won't last much longer.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

September 22nd, 2006, 10:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]