View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 12:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward 
Varsity Captain

Post Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward
Tony Stewart was involved in a fatal accident at a sprint car dirt track race N. of Watkins Glen Sat. night. Killed was 20yr. old Kevin Ward Jr. According to most reports, Stewart was in the lead and Ward was challenging Stewart for the lead which led to some "rubbin" which most drivers say "it's just racin". Apparently this rubbin put Ward out of the race and brought out the caution flag. Unless their cars are damaged drivers only slow down to match the flow of traffic, except for the guys at the back, they hall rectum to try and get back on the lead lap before the lead car gets to the start/finish line. Here is the biggest problem Ward climbs out of his car, which is still on the track and stands there waiting for Stewart to come around again. Ward attempts to confront Stewart as he goes by and moves toward Stewart's car, some are saying that at this moment Stewart gunned the engine which caused the rectum end to break loose just a bit and Ward seemed to vanish. The rear of Stewart's car had clipped Ward so fast that he was flung down the track before anybody knew what had happen. He was declared dead at the hospital. I will not fault anyone yet, as I don't know all the facts. I will say this, Kevin Ward violated one of the most important rules of racing. Never and I mean never come out of your car while you are still on the track and the other cars are still moving and the Safety people are not right next to your car. My prayers go out to Kevin Ward Jr's family and friends.

August 10th, 2014, 2:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]