View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 2:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 2013 Offseason Plan 
Post Re: 2013 Offseason Plan
kdsberman wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:
If the draft goes that way and Luke is in fact gone (remember though, Phili has been known to blow some "no brainer" picks), I'd prefer a trade down too. I'd like to see us get into the 7-9 range, or even further down to the 9-15 range. At 7-9 I'd target Warner/T'eo, further down I'd go Milliner/Reid.

Wait a second. You fried me for suggesting this team trades down, now you want to?

I never said trading down was a bad idea, I said passing on Luke AND trading down is a horrible idea. IMO he is the one pick that could have the most impact on this team.

December 28th, 2012, 3:52 pm
Team MVP

While Im very much for the idea of drafting defense or nothing, Luke Joeckel DOES seem to be a very good tackle. And again, as much as I want them to draft defense, taking Joeckel would seem to end the "Detroit needs a tackle" crap we hear every year, at least on paper.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 28th, 2012, 5:09 pm
League MVP

kdsberman wrote:
While Im very much for the idea of drafting defense or nothing, Luke Joeckel DOES seem to be a very good tackle. And again, as much as I want them to draft defense, taking Joeckel would seem to end the "Detroit needs a tackle" crap we hear every year, at least on paper.

I agree with you but drafting Joeckel and making no other moves on the line still leaves us with an average line at best. Peterman, not Backus is the weakest link. Cherilus can block but he makes stupid mental blunders, Sims was good two seasons ago but at this point isnt anything more than average and Raiola has survived by maintaining an average level of play for years.

If Joeckel is taken with the Lions 1st rd pick - I d like to see them grab CB Amerson in Rd 2, Margus Hunt at DE in Rd 3, then take an interior OL in Rd 4. In rd 5, I d want the Punter Wing from LSU. Rd 6 and 7 they need a developemental WR or a KR/PR and probably someone that they could use as an H Back - like how San Fran uses Bruce Miller.

On the OL they could then put Joeckel in as the LT, maybe go with Backus or Cherilus at RT, Reiff at RG for a year before he becomes the RT, and let Sims/Nagy/Raiola and that 4th rd pick decide who the C and LG are. they d still need a free agent RB or trade for one to diversify what Bell/LeShoure provide.

December 28th, 2012, 5:33 pm
Team MVP

The Legend wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

I agree with you but drafting Joeckel and making no other moves on the line still leaves us with an average line at best. Peterman, not Backus is the weakest link. Cherilus can block but he makes stupid mental blunders, Sims was good two seasons ago but at this point isnt anything more than average and Raiola has survived by maintaining an average level of play for years.

If Joeckel is taken with the Lions 1st rd pick - I d like to see them grab CB Amerson in Rd 2, Margus Hunt at DE in Rd 3, then take an interior OL in Rd 4. In rd 5, I d want the Punter Wing from LSU. Rd 6 and 7 they need a developemental WR or a KR/PR and probably someone that they could use as an H Back - like how San Fran uses Bruce Miller.

On the OL they could then put Joeckel in as the LT, maybe go with Backus or Cherilus at RT, Reiff at RG for a year before he becomes the RT, and let Sims/Nagy/Raiola and that 4th rd pick decide who the C and LG are. they d still need a free agent RB or trade for one to diversify what Bell/LeShoure provide.

Agree, center and RG are our weakest parts on the O-line, but luckily those can be had in later rounds. Unfortunately, Mayhew doesnt seem to want to draft any interior lineman. At all.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 28th, 2012, 5:47 pm
League MVP

kdsberman wrote:
The Legend wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Agree, center and RG are our weakest parts on the O-line, but luckily those can be had in later rounds. Unfortunately, Mayhew doesnt seem to want to draft any interior lineman. At all.

agree, i dont think he believes in building from inside out - at least not on offense

December 29th, 2012, 12:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3