View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 2:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 52  Next
 Lions Predictions 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Lions Predictions
I predict we will get some solid depth in next year's draft

November 16th, 2012, 5:16 am

Killwill25 wrote:

Solid prediction.

NEVER GIVE UP!

November 16th, 2012, 9:11 am
Div 1 - Starter

I predict that...it's going to be a 5-11 or 6-10 season now.

November 18th, 2012, 9:45 pm

Killwill25 wrote:

I know you're being facetious, but I think this season has showed the BPA strategy works just fine. Reiff is now our starting left tackle (for a few weeks anyways). Broyles is our second best receiver. Bentley started right away. Jonte Green has played a bunch. Care to explain how this was a bad draft for us?

Now, free agency--that's a different story. You can go ahead and rip on that all you want, because that's when you need to fill holes and Mayhew didn't get it done.

November 18th, 2012, 10:30 pm
RIP Killer

They didn't have money to get anyone good in FA. With the money avril got, they were strapped.

November 19th, 2012, 12:19 am
RIP Killer

Don't look now, but we may be fishing for a wide receiver yet again next year. What with Nate Burleson coming off his injury and Titus Young continuing to act like a spoiled 3 year old azzhat, the Lions could be short handed next season. I can foresee Titus Young being given his walking papers at years end. He just can't get his inflated egotistical head out of his stinkhole. Personally, I think that's exactly where it belongs.

November 19th, 2012, 6:54 pm
RIP Killer

He has trade value, even being an bunghole

November 19th, 2012, 10:19 pm
RIP Killer

conversion02 wrote:
He has trade value, even being an bunghole

Suspended twice already this year by the coaching staff. His trade value is equivalent to a pair of old gym socks and a piece of used chewing gum.

November 21st, 2012, 12:51 pm
RIP Killer

If you say so.

November 21st, 2012, 9:36 pm
RIP Killer

And exactly what do you think we could get in return for Titus Young? A seventh round pick? A sixth rounder? I'd say the Lions would be damn lucky to find someone willing to give up a sixth round pick.

Remember, the Lions gave up practically nothing (7th rounder, I believe) for Alfonso Smith, who was also a second round pick traded away just two seasons after his selection. But the difference is, Smith wasn't a problem child in the locker room.

November 23rd, 2012, 12:04 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

m2karateman wrote:
And exactly what do you think we could get in return for Titus Young? A seventh round pick? A sixth rounder? I'd say the Lions would be damn lucky to find someone willing to give up a sixth round pick.

Remember, the Lions gave up practically nothing (7th rounder, I believe) for Alfonso Smith, who was also a second round pick traded away just two seasons after his selection. But the difference is, Smith wasn't a problem child in the locker room.

I'd imagine that if the Lions decide to part ways, they will indeed try to make a trade. But I agree with you--he's probably worth a 6th rounder at best, more likely a 7th.

November 23rd, 2012, 12:17 am
Team MVP

mwill2 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I'd imagine that if the Lions decide to part ways, they will indeed try to make a trade. But I agree with you--he's probably worth a 6th rounder at best, more likely a 7th.

I'd take a 6th rounder in a heartbeat.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 23rd, 2012, 4:43 pm
Hall of Fame Player

We will win this week. Lose next week. And in the last week, the Bears are going to have a problem with poop sticking to their fur.

6-10 and a top 10 draft pick.
We finally get our #1 CB in the 1st round. Then we get a Safety in the 2nd round. Our next Center in the 3rd round. Denard Jackson in the 5th round to take over Best's role. Trade the rest of picks for 1 round improvements in the 2014 draft, and call it a season that is successful with the long term for the Lions in mind. Sure, it hurts to have lost this year. But, we do this, and it is Super Bowl contention for the next decade.

C. Williams - I think I read somewhere that he want s to return to the Lions. Even if it is as a backup. If he will sign as a backup for $1.5M/year that will reduce our cap by $3.5M by resigning him.

C. Avril - will be going nowhere. He will be a Lion next year because it will still be to the Lions advantage to franchise him again.

Durant - I let him walk.

KVB - Takes a pay cut or gets cut.

Levy - see KVB.

Titus - If we can't trade him by the day before the next league year begins, cut him. Either way he won't be a Lion next year.

Javid Best - By next season, he should be cleared to play again. He's done as a RB. I would move him to Slot Receiver. He will be less likely to get a concussion there. ( Not impossible. Just less likely.) I think he can do it. And it will prolong a career that will be cut short if he stays a RB. It also makes it so that the Lions do not have to draft another WR this year.

December 16th, 2012, 3:13 pm
Team MVP

BillySims wrote:
We will win this week. Lose next week. And in the last week, the Bears are going to have a problem with poop sticking to their fur.

6-10 and a top 10 draft pick.
We finally get our #1 CB in the 1st round. Then we get a Safety in the 2nd round. Our next Center in the 3rd round. Denard Jackson in the 5th round to take over Best's role. Trade the rest of picks for 1 round improvements in the 2014 draft, and call it a season that is successful with the long term for the Lions in mind. Sure, it hurts to have lost this year. But, we do this, and it is Super Bowl contention for the next decade.

C. Williams - I think I read somewhere that he want s to return to the Lions. Even if it is as a backup. If he will sign as a backup for $1.5M/year that will reduce our cap by $3.5M by resigning him.

C. Avril - will be going nowhere. He will be a Lion next year because it will still be to the Lions advantage to franchise him again.

Durant - I let him walk.

KVB - Takes a pay cut or gets cut.

Levy - see KVB.

Titus - If we can't trade him by the day before the next league year begins, cut him. Either way he won't be a Lion next year.

Javid Best - By next season, he should be cleared to play again. He's done as a RB. I would move him to Slot Receiver. He will be less likely to get a concussion there. ( Not impossible. Just less likely.) I think he can do it. And it will prolong a career that will be cut short if he stays a RB. It also makes it so that the Lions do not have to draft another WR this year.

You would let Durant walk, but not Levy? Seriously?

And I wouldnt be TOO sure that we get our #1 CB in the first round. Maybe, but Im really thinking Bjoern Werner is a very high possibility.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 16th, 2012, 5:12 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Growler wrote:
I predict that...it's going to be a 5-11 or 6-10 season now.

Even this modest prediction may have been wrong. I now predict that they will finish the season at 4-12.

December 16th, 2012, 9:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 52  Next