View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 23rd, 2017, 9:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58
 Lions Predictions 
William Clay Ford Sr.

Post Re: Lions Predictions
If you take every RB on our roster, and compressed them into 1 RB, you would get Hunt.

He is a big back and can run between the tackles. He also has the speed to run around the end. He also can catch passes out of the backfield. And he is a capable pass blocker.

And here is what I like best about him:

In over 4,000 yards in High School, he had 1 fumble. He fumbled forward and his center recovered it for a TD.
In over 4,000 yards in College, he had 1 fumble. He fumbled out of bounds and recovered it himself.
He has never fumbled the ball to the other team!!!

If this guy went to a Big 10, SEC, ACC, PAC12, etc. he would be considered just as elite as any of the top 3 RB's.

And he proved he can play in the Senior Bowl.

April 26th, 2017, 6:36 pm
RIP Killer

BillySims wrote:
If you take every RB on our roster, and compressed them into 1 RB, you would get Hunt.

He is a big back and can run between the tackles. He also has the speed to run around the end. He also can catch passes out of the backfield. And he is a capable pass blocker.

And here is what I like best about him:

In over 4,000 yards in High School, he had 1 fumble. He fumbled forward and his center recovered it for a TD.
In over 4,000 yards in College, he had 1 fumble. He fumbled out of bounds and recovered it himself.
He has never fumbled the ball to the other team!!!

If this guy went to a Big 10, SEC, ACC, PAC12, etc. he would be considered just as elite as any of the top 3 RB's.

And he proved he can play in the Senior Bowl.

I like Hunt to a degree and see him as a someone who can carry the rock a lot but not someone NFL teams have to game plan around. I'm not sure if he turns out like former Lions RB Kevin Smith who put up impressive number at Central Florida (also over 4,000 yards but did it in just 3 seasons) and caught a more passes as well. Both lack that burst that top end backs have. Hunt has had some ankle (and hamstring) issues and missed other games due to violating team rules. Smith was a serviceable back in the NFL who was taken in the 3rd round, about where I have Hunt graded.

Hunt has a different build than Smith being shorter and stockier, more muscular in general. I haven't really watched any Toledo games that I can recall so I've only really seen him in the Senior Bowl where he had that one big run of 40+ yards which really padded his stats but he looked like he has good vision and is fairly patient in the hole to me.

April 26th, 2017, 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

IMO Hunt will be a better version of Joique Bell and an average level starter. That's not bad for a 3rd round pick, but this draft has enough talent that I think there should be players at more needy positions with more upside available.

April 26th, 2017, 11:25 pm
#1 Overall Pick

I like Hunt, but with the depth of backs in this draft, why draft one that early?

April 27th, 2017, 8:09 am
Head Cheerleader

liontrax wrote:
I like Hunt, but with the depth of backs in this draft, why draft one that early?

I guess i have the same opinion, it is too early.

May 19th, 2017, 8:39 am
William Clay Ford Sr.

mariad wrote:
liontrax wrote:

I guess i have the same opinion, it is too early.

It's May 19th now. Is it still too early to draft a RB?

May 19th, 2017, 9:27 am
Head Cheerleader

I think i am confused with this.

May 31st, 2017, 6:55 am
RIP Killer

:lol:

June 18th, 2017, 10:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58