View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 17th, 2017, 3:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Lions at Ravens. 
NFL Team Captain

Post Re: Lions at Ravens.
The Legend wrote:
well thats good news for stafford that may be his diaper changing hand...

as for TA/Caldwell, how can they not call a timeout when they have 10 on the field and one is running off the field? seriously how many times can they do this? caldwell may be a decent coach from monday to saturday but these inexcusable types of mistakes keep on happening and its not acceptable. cooter s offensive run calls at times dont even have the LBers accounted for in the blocking scheme - ie there were some plays where the front 5/6 make there blocks and the rb is getting to the "hole" on time and its a 3 yard gain or less. also have some passes where we have 7 men blocking (5 OL, the RB and a TE - neither running routes) and Baltimore is rushing 4 but still getting a man in untouched. then defensively the Lions are playing to stop the run every time they go to that offset I formation but Baltimore is throwing out of that formation almost half the time so we re getting burned by the play action and even when they do run it - we cant stop em anyways.

im now of the thought process that caldwell needs a wayne fontes like miracle finish to keep his job. none of the coordinators or position coaches need to be held onto either.

:D Welcome aboard! :D Glad to see you are here! :D

December 3rd, 2017, 8:54 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

The Legend wrote:
well thats good news for stafford that may be his diaper changing hand...

as for TA/Caldwell, how can they not call a timeout when they have 10 on the field and one is running off the field? seriously how many times can they do this? caldwell may be a decent coach from monday to saturday but these inexcusable types of mistakes keep on happening and its not acceptable. cooter s offensive run calls at times dont even have the LBers accounted for in the blocking scheme - ie there were some plays where the front 5/6 make there blocks and the rb is getting to the "hole" on time and its a 3 yard gain or less. also have some passes where we have 7 men blocking (5 OL, the RB and a TE - neither running routes) and Baltimore is rushing 4 but still getting a man in untouched. then defensively the Lions are playing to stop the run every time they go to that offset I formation but Baltimore is throwing out of that formation almost half the time so we re getting burned by the play action and even when they do run it - we cant stop em anyways.

im now of the thought process that caldwell needs a wayne fontes like miracle finish to keep his job. none of the coordinators or position coaches need to be held onto either.

That part is nonsense. Oden, Kocurek, and Marciano have been outstanding in their roles. Obviously it would be stupid to force position coaches on a new HC, but those guys should absolutely be retained if possible. I would even go as far as to say with Kocurek, if a HC doesn't want him on their staff you should look for a different HC.

December 3rd, 2017, 11:25 pm
RIP Killer

Down 20-0 at the half. The Lions continue to not come out to play after the coin toss, the coaching staff is not getting them ready. The last four games in the first qtr the Lions have been outscored 36-3. The Vikes are decent but the Ravens, Bears and Browns - really.

Challenges - the Lions continue miss challenging plays.

Nine men on the field when the Ravens scored their 4th qtr TD when the Lions were within one score.

On offense, the Lions can't run and never have under this staff. The telegraph plays to their opponent to the point in which it is embarrassing.

On defense, well they just gave up 44 points to the Ravens and couldn't stop Bears, Browns or Vikes of course. A decent offense like the Saints scored 52.

Bob the GM has put his stamp on the roster, now it is time to put his stamp on the coaching staff...

December 4th, 2017, 11:19 am
Profile WWW
3rd Round Selection

Again, who are we going to get that won`t take much the same route as Caldwell? The problem is as much the players as the coach and if the coach tolerates it because he wants the talent nothing changes.

Just watched some youtube vids about Billichek and how he put an emphasis on playing smart; knowing the situation and what you should be doing at that time. Like not running backwards from a first down after catching a first down pass. He had no problem getting rid of players he didn`t think helped the team.

Cladwell doesn`t make good game time decisions, but neither do too many of his players or assistant coaches. Who is available that has the set to hold players and coaches accountable? Love to see Bill Cowher here but know that`ll never happen.

December 4th, 2017, 8:08 pm
William Clay Ford Sr.

Jafo wrote:
Again, who are we going to get that won`t take much the same route as Caldwell? The problem is as much the players as the coach and if the coach tolerates it because he wants the talent nothing changes.

Just watched some youtube vids about Billichek and how he put an emphasis on playing smart; knowing the situation and what you should be doing at that time. Like not running backwards from a first down after catching a first down pass. He had no problem getting rid of players he didn`t think helped the team.

Cladwell doesn`t make good game time decisions, but neither do too many of his players or assistant coaches. Who is available that has the set to hold players and coaches accountable? Love to see Bill Cowher here but know that`ll never happen.

Bellichek Jr. Josh McDanials.

December 4th, 2017, 8:49 pm

BillySims wrote:
Jafo wrote:

I think the only choices would be Kris Richard and Josh McDaniels. 2018 will be the retread year for HCs since there was a big run on young guys for 2017.

December 4th, 2017, 9:13 pm
Player of the Year - Offense

At first I was excited because it seemed like Quinn was going to actually 'build through the trenches' instead of just paying lip service to it. Unfortunately, that only appears to apply to the o-line. You're not going to go anywhere with a d-line built on the cheap, so it's hard to blame Caldwell for the defense's overall performance. That said, there's no excuse for the continued slow starts on both sides of the ball.

"Good teams don't worry about a whole lot of stuff. They travel, they play, they win. And it doesn't matter where they go, what the time block is, all those kinds of things. They never seem to bother teams that play well, and we want to be one of those teams." -Jim Caldwell

December 5th, 2017, 7:42 am
Megatron

BillySims wrote:
Jafo wrote:

And if he says no or decides to stay in NE, then who? If I'm not mistaken he hasn't been interviewing these past couple seasons.
I'm not a fan of Caldwell, but I don't see anyone that's better available. Don't want them to make a change just for change's sake. It's more likely they either replace Cooter or get someone to help him game plan and call plays better.

December 5th, 2017, 10:09 am
William Clay Ford Sr.

TheRealWags wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Jafo wrote:

And if he says no or decides to stay in NE, then who? If I'm not mistaken he hasn't been interviewing these past couple seasons.
I'm not a fan of Caldwell, but I don't see anyone that's better available. Don't want them to make a change just for change's sake. It's more likely they either replace Cooter or get someone to help him game plan and call plays better.

I heard, last off season, that McDaniels said that if the Lions job ever opens up while Bob Quin is the GM, that he is interested.

December 5th, 2017, 9:55 pm
Megatron

BillySims wrote:
TheRealWags wrote:
BillySims wrote:
Jafo wrote:

I heard, last off season, that McDaniels said that if the Lions job ever opens up while Bob Quin is the GM, that he is interested.
I didn't hear that. I would love to have him as the Lions HC. Imagine what he could do with Matthew :shock: :arrow:

December 6th, 2017, 10:24 am
NFL Team Captain

I don't care who they get. Almost anybody Quinn comes up with would be an improvement. This is the one of those times that changing for the sake of change would be a step in the right direction. As for McDanials, sure he failed in Denver but probably learned from it, and would be a fiery and intense coach. Quite the opposite of Caldwell.

December 6th, 2017, 10:40 am

Just watched the Mike Valenti rant from Monday about this game and Caldwell. He pushed me off the tight rope, I'm on the fire Caldwell train. He must be fired immediately after their last game if he isn't fired sooner. Hearing Valenti rattle off all of Caldwell's game managing mistakes finally made me really understand the incredible total of his incompetence as a head coach. Even if he still has the support of the locker room, which after this game I'm not sure he does anymore, it shouldn't be enough to keep his job.

I will hope to see them hire McDaniels or Kris Richard, but I'll take anyone that has shown the ability to call a timeout when they have only ten men on the field.

December 6th, 2017, 10:46 am
Team President - Rod Wood

rao wrote:
Just watched the Mike Valenti rant from Monday about this game and Caldwell. He pushed me off the tight rope, I'm on the fire Caldwell train. He must be fired immediately after their last game if he isn't fired sooner. Hearing Valenti rattle off all of Caldwell's game managing mistakes finally made me really understand the incredible total of his incompetence as a head coach. Even if he still has the support of the locker room, which after this game I'm not sure he does anymore, it shouldn't be enough to keep his job.

I will hope to see them hire McDaniels or Kris Richard, but I'll take anyone that has shown the ability to call a timeout when they have only ten men on the field.

or kick a go ahead 20 yard FG when they have a chance? or challenge a play when you desperately need to get the ball back and the opponent has a questionable reach for the marker? or knows the rules at all (Calvin Johnson fumble/bat play vs Seattle)? or would use a challenge on an obvious 4 yard gain that was incomplete - its just 4 yards Caldwell says...gimme a break

in this task none of the position coaches or coordinators are sacred either. i know you have a mancrush on kocurek but i dont think he s any good - he cant even judge his own talent and he has a very undisciplined group of DEs they get trapped easiy on the edge, they get fooled badly by bootlegs, they overpenetrate on screens - i dont like how they play at all

December 8th, 2017, 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2