View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 3:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Who will be the Lions #2 CB by the end of next season? 

Poll ended at April 27th, 2005, 11:20 am
Fernando Bryant 63%  63%  [ 22 ]
Chris Cash 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Keith Smith 34%  34%  [ 12 ]
Draft Pick 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 35

Stadium Announcer

I've always loved the thought of drafting Rolle this week. Two reasons why, we could convert him to FS and have an incredible secondary, or we draft him and make Bryant the nickel back since we use that package most of the time.

April 17th, 2005, 2:05 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Location: Tampa, Florida...my pool is 90 today and it'll be 90 for Christmas morning!
The year before we got Bryant I remember everybody being pretty high on Chris Cash. He was a good surprise when forced into action as a rookie and if he didn't get hurt in the preseason that second year I don't think we would have had to blow all that money on Bryant last year. They would have settled on letting him develope much like they have with James Hall, unfortunately none of us know if he has lost a step. Hopefully this year he will be fully recovered, and much like Bryson in his second year after knee surgery return to form. The fact that they resigned Cash and Goodman is a strong indicator that the Lions like the recovery of both these guys and we are set to have the best stable of cb's we've ever had.
:lol: Of course throw all that out the window when three of the five go down by week 3 and Jimmy Wyrik is quitting his job at Wall-Mart so he can come get shredded by some teams rookie reciever. :cry: I would love to see Cash in the nickle heads up and providing solid run support with Goodman and Smith backing up the starters and keeping the coverage in our dime fast and man-up. Hopefully Marion will improve now that he doesn't have to play centerfield and rightfield now that we have a gun in right in Kennoy! :D

April 17th, 2005, 5:46 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Fernando will be a hell of a corner this year! Mark my words...

Michael Huff for DROY

April 17th, 2005, 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

:lol: Of course throw all that out the window when three of the five go down by week 3 and Jimmy Wyrik is quitting his job at Wall-Mart so he can come get shredded by some teams rookie reciever....! :D[/quote

Wait a minute... You forgot Kerwin Supernaw!!!

Last edited by LionFan57 on April 17th, 2005, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 17th, 2005, 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

Location: Tampa, Florida...my pool is 90 today and it'll be 90 for Christmas morning!
lord55 wrote:
... Of course throw all that out the window when three of the five go down by week 3 and Jimmy Wyrik is quitting his job at Wall-Mart so he can come get shredded by some teams rookie reciever.../quote]

Wait a minute... You forgot Kerwin Supernaw!!!

:lol: and Chidi awouma :lol:

April 17th, 2005, 7:05 pm
Stadium Announcer

April 17th, 2005, 10:26 pm
RIP Killer

:lol: Of course throw all that out the window when three of the five go down by week 3 and Jimmy Wyrik is quitting his job at Wall-Mart so he can come get shredded by some teams rookie reciever. :cry:

Even a rookie receiver David Kircus style?? That'd be a swift kick to the groin!

April 18th, 2005, 9:03 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

lord55 wrote:
:lol: Of course throw all that out the window when three of the five go down by week 3 and Jimmy Wyrik is quitting his job at Wall-Mart so he can come get shredded by some teams rookie reciever. :cry:

Even a rookie receiver David Kircus style?? That'd be a swift kick to the groin!

Hey I love the Lions as much if not more than the next guy but we do have a knack for getting rookies and unproven backup QB's (from Jax) on sports center! :oops: :oops: :oops: Remember a few years ago when the backups and rookies (I mean guys that aren't even on the team anymore) in Chicago just whipped us like step children!!! Not a proud day in Lions history . :x :x :x

Kircus probably looks like an all-star in practice thats how he keeps hanging around. Thats it !!!!!!Thats why we can't ever get over the hump all our players look awesome compared to each other all year, so the Lions are tricked into a false sense of security. Then when we go 5-11 all the cats brass are left scratching there head because Kerwin Waldrop looked like Reggie White going against Juan Roque!!!!! :lol:

April 18th, 2005, 2:49 pm
Peewee Leaguer

I think Bryant wins out this season. I want to see him and Bly both healthy playing together. But if Smith is truly playing better then "hey" all I want to do is win so play Smith.

April 18th, 2005, 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2