View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 30th, 2014, 4:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Chris Carter on Joey 
Stadium Announcer

drafting - coaching

I think Millen has done a very good job drafting, espicaly in the later rounds.

How has Mooch done in directing the team? For an offensive genius I think he needs to call his mentor for a refrehser course. How has his DC done? Well see this next year.

April 12th, 2005, 10:51 pm
League MVP

Ms. chiquita!!! how right i was when thinking banana guy w/ no nuts... just kidding, cool to have you on here!!!

April 13th, 2005, 12:47 am
Pop Warner Vet

Banana unit-
I am sorry but Joey was highly ineffective in time constricted situations last year and throughout his NFL career. The defense repeatedly gave the offense chances last season to win or go to OT with a score on the final drive and they blew it over and over. at DAL, vs WAS, at JAX, at MIN, at GB, vs MIN (missed XP), at TEN... Unless Garcia is hurt I really dont see any way that Joey beats him out in camp. Still the Lions may go with Joey to start out anyways which hurts me. Joey is a headcase and once you become a headcase you need to find somewhere else to play bc handling you becomes a real struggle for the coaching staff...When players stink but continue to play not on merit but rather bc of a fragile psyche something is terribly wrong.
As for the coaching staff being so terrible and ineffective with the running game. WHAT!!! They basically got KJ to 1000 yards in half the season when he was healthy...I dont wanna hear any savior nonsense, this team has been built w loads of young talent. They are not looking for a savior. If they were they would do what the stupid Raiders did and add players like Moss at the cost of young players and draft picks. The QB simply needs to play well just as everyone else is expected to.

So I should then take it that it was joey's fault that in both Minn games KJ had huge first halves yhen disappeared. I really find it funny how everything for detroit fans is so black or white. It really doesn't matter that even Joey admitted that when he just played rather than worry about his game or what his coach would say, we all applauded him because he "Pulled a Jordan" played sick and was great at least for a time. That is what needs to happen for Joey to trust his instincts, abilities and his teammates as well.
We are too spoilt into thinking everyone playing for our team should be great out the gate. Joey has his faults but he doesn't have a team behind him either as Big Ben does, He is the only new person on offense since Staley got sidelined due to injury. So how is it everyone should be like him when he only had to throw the ball up to two of the better recievers in the game and definately one of the smartest in terms of getting open in Hines Ward. Let's rally around our TEAM and let them know we are there for them, be the twelveth man we are supposed to be, instead of booing make noise to offset the other team not yours. I was embarassed and I am not from Detroit just a barry fan who got suckered into this team and now am more passionate about it than I am about my own Birthday when while watching a game the commentators could actually call out the Boo birds because you all were so predictable. Here ends my rant on the mountain go back to your regularly scheduled programme.

April 13th, 2005, 11:20 pm
League MVP

I liked the way Joey played vs MIN but it was not a great game nor do I think it was his best game as a pro. They lost and he still made mistakes. I dont care if he had a little GI upset, they loaded him with IV fluids and got him to stop overthinking on the field. Jordan=Joey? I dont think so. As for expecting Joey to be great out of the gate, its been 46 games out of that gate now and he was the 3rd player out of over 200 players taken that year! Will 62 be enough or 78, 94? I would like to see a little more improvement from joey or else I want to see the veteran who knows the system and has more toughness, get a chance here to see how good this team can be.

What exactly are we spoiled about? Booing is part of the game, its cure is winning...

April 14th, 2005, 2:54 am
Stadium Announcer

Everyone expects Harrington to shine this year because this is his "breakout" year.

I believe that Joey is going to have the best opportunity of his career because of the talent that supports him. However it also depends on the offensive scheme.

Given all of the positives that are present I believe that it is very possible for the Lions to go 8-8 or 9-7 and make the playoffs.

April 14th, 2005, 10:28 pm
QB Coach

So I should then take it that it was joey's fault that in both Minn games KJ had huge first halves yhen disappeared.

Welcome to the boards Rhys!

I could counter that argument... let me ask you this. Why do you think that Kevin disappeared?

Teams realized that Jones was the only option for Detroit on offense. Green Bay was stacking 9 in the box against him. They weren't afraid at all of Joey.

If there was any threat of a passing game whatsoever, then Jones wouldn't have disappeared. But there wasn't. When Detroit tried to run some clock, they couldn't, because the box was stacked.

April 14th, 2005, 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Vet

Don't know if I agree with that since in most of the games where Kevin didn't do anything in the second half it was more a lack of use by Mooch than the defenses queueing him up. Which means that Joey was less of a factor since against Minn especially Joey was the reason we came back only to lose because of a foiled snap. Mooch I believe does not know how to utilize Kevin as teams were loading up the entire game and daring us to beat them with the throw and he still got to 100 yds most first halves, so I don't think that is a reason to say Joey is the reason we suck. Yes defenses were loading up but I believe the defense like us fans realize Joey had no one who could catch so tee off on the run because no matter how good Joey throws the pass someone is gonna leave the six points begging, be it ALexander, Hakim, or even late in the season Roy. But then I guess if you listen to mooch it is Joey's fault the balls aren't caught, as every other team has recievers that adjust to make good catches our recievers drop passes that hit them in stride in the numbers and in their hands. There is nothing short of putting super glue on the receivers hands that Joey can do about that, so how is it he is the lone reason we lose so many games even though he put us in a position to win most games shown by how many close games we lost. If he was as bad as most make him him out we would have been blown out of most games or he would have been yanked.

April 15th, 2005, 10:57 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Teams in the first half of games would play their safeties back (wonder why) which would give the Lions room to run. In second half of games when the Lions where ahead teams would then move the safeties up into the box. Rahter than opening up the offense to take avantage of this Mooch would bring in Bryson and switch to a dink-n-dunk offense to try conservatly move the ball because he knew he would be able to run it.

But once again I forgot everything wrong with the Lions is Harrington's fault.

April 15th, 2005, 1:36 pm
QB Coach

Actually, Bryson had more carries, yards, catches, and receiving yards in the first half of games than in the second half.

Again, i'm not dissing Joey for the Minnesota game. But in his entire pro career, that has been the only comeback he has ever produced. Everything else has been unsuccessful. And this was a "comeback kid" who carried teams in college.

I'm not putting all the blame on Joey. I realize that Mooch had some terrible play calls. I sympathize for Sherman Lewis, who had to obey Mooch and his conservative style. And no, the receivers aren't good. They will be, but last year they weren't. Still, a QB should be able to maximize the potential of his receivers, and Joey didn't do that. That's what Favre, Manning, Brady, Culpepper, and other quarterbacks do.

The bottom line is Joey will have Rogers, Williams, and Hakim hopefully healthy this year, as well as an upgraded offensive line and tight end position. I don't want to hear excuses anymore. I just want results. Everything is in place to make this offense work, two elite young receivers, a reliable receiver at tight end, a solid offensive line (except for RT), a franchise running back. Now we just need the quarterback to produce.

April 16th, 2005, 1:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3