View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 8:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Derrick Johnson 

Do you think if we draft Derrick Johnson he will be an imediate impact?
Yes 97%  97%  [ 31 ]
No 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 32

Derrick Johnson 
Bubbles the Lion

Post Derrick Johnson
If DJ fell to us at 10 i would for sure grab him i just want to konw what you guys think of him.

April 8th, 2005, 12:26 pm
RIP Killer

That depends on who else falls. I would consider trading down and picking up a WR over drafting DJ. WR is a much more pressing need than OLB or DE. I think WR, FS, OT, and DE are all spots we could definately use immediate starters at.

FS shouldn't be taken in the first round - maybe the 2nd with Pool, Bullocks in the 3rd or Butler in the 4th.

I don't like any of the OTs in the first or even 2nd. Adam Terry would be my first pick up in the 3rd or maybe late 2nd.

There's better prospects in the first round in Edwards, Williams, and Clayton than the DE prospects IMO. All the DEs have their weaknesses. I would love to gamble on James though, but we don't really have that luxury!

Last edited by conversion02 on April 8th, 2005, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 8th, 2005, 12:52 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I would pick him, but I doubt his immediate impact would be that great assuming Lehman and Bailey stay healthy. It is his long term impact that is intriguing.

April 8th, 2005, 1:42 pm
Site Admin

I think his medium term impact is fun too :unibrow:

sry, it's Friday and I am ready to go home!

April 8th, 2005, 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

I understand that the talk is to move Lehman to the middle but I can't see that happening. He would need to put on too much weight, if he can, which would impact on his speed. I also recall hearing that he would have trouble shedding blockers to get to the ball.

If it did work out though it would give the Lions good depth at OLB.

If the Lions are going to draft DJ they need to have a B plan for MLB because Lehman isn't the answer.

April 8th, 2005, 7:49 pm
Cheerleader

If I was the Lions GM and DJ was available at #10 it would take me 1/2 of 1 second to select him. He is going to be a GREAT player in this league.

April 9th, 2005, 2:15 pm
QB Coach

I think the re-signing of Rainer makes it less likely we draft Johnson first round, because then we would have either 3 ILBs or 6 OLBs. We don't really need to be three deep at each linebacking position.

April 9th, 2005, 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

I don't see why Lehman would have to put on weight... he plays fine at his weight even in the middle. He did take a few snaps there and was fine by me.

For whatever it's worth I hear that Holmes is on the chopping block.

April 9th, 2005, 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Lehman is much better suited to be a WSOLB than a MLB. I guess I would have to see him play a game at MLB, but with his problem of shedding blocks, I doubt he would be as effective as a natural MLB.

However, didn't Urlacher start out as a WSOLB and move to MLB?

April 9th, 2005, 8:13 pm
RIP Killer

HB - looking at the results of this poll it looks like you are having a lot of influence on folks around here. I'm going to have to log onto the forum with my tinfoil hat (fashioned after the ones in Signs) to keep you out of my head.

April 10th, 2005, 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Lehman is much better suited to be a WSOLB than a MLB. I guess I would have to see him play a game at MLB, but with his problem of shedding blocks, I doubt he would be as effective as a natural MLB.

However, didn't Urlacher start out as a WSOLB and move to MLB?

Urlacher actually played a DB/LB position in college called the 'Lobo' position. It was similar to how Georgia used Thomas Davis. But to my knowledge Urlacher was put at MLB from day one in Chicago.

April 10th, 2005, 5:47 pm
RIP Killer

I don't see why Lehman would have to put on weight... he plays fine at his weight even in the middle. He did take a few snaps there and was fine by me.

For whatever it's worth I hear that Holmes is on the chopping block.

If Holmes is on the chopping block, then DJ would be an acceptable selection with the idea of moving either him or Lehman to Mike. But I would prefer the Lions trade down and take either Ruud or Thurman as Holmes replacement.

April 10th, 2005, 5:52 pm
League MVP

The best option on our current team to switch to MLB would be James Davis rather than Lehman. Teams ran at Lehman last season with ease, his strength is pursuit and coverage and should be a WLB. As for Urlacher he is hugely overrated, without a stud DT in front of him he has struggled to remain healthy let alone play at a high level.

April 10th, 2005, 6:25 pm
RIP Killer

The best option on our current team to switch to MLB would be James Davis rather than Lehman. Teams ran at Lehman last season with ease, his strength is pursuit and coverage and should be a WLB. As for Urlacher he is hugely overrated, without a stud DT in front of him he has struggled to remain healthy let alone play at a high level.

That's true, he's no where near what he was with Ted Washington in front of him.

April 10th, 2005, 7:37 pm
Stadium Announcer

Lehman is a great backup to Bailey... thats great depth

April 10th, 2005, 11:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next