View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 4:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 A simple hello. 
RIP Killer

I'm not a very active member of this forum (i. e. I read almost everything, but I don't post too often as English is not my first language), but I think it is really a great place for everyone interested in the Lions and the NFL.

For someone who doesn't have English as their primary language, you sure seem to have a better command of it than most people whose posts I read (not just on this forum) that have English as their only langauge.

April 12th, 2005, 6:17 am
Pop Warner Vet

Silversurger wrote:
I'm not a very active member of this forum (i. e. I read almost everything, but I don't post too often as English is not my first language), but I think it is really a great place for everyone interested in the Lions and the NFL.

For someone who doesn't have English as their primary language, you sure seem to have a better command of it than most people whose posts I read (not just on this forum) that have English as their only langauge.
Thank you. I try to give my best, but writing in English takes me at least double the time I need for a text in my mother tongue. That's why I don't post very often.

April 12th, 2005, 6:43 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I agree Silver, I had always just assumed that you were a Yankee in Germany. Is English a hard second language?

BTW Mike, I'm sory abot my bad speling. Evr sice I got Spel Chek, I have goten lazy abot spekling rite.

April 12th, 2005, 8:35 am
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

Nude photos would not be appropriate. Imagine a coworker walking into your cube as you open a page and UhOh!(aka Pablo)

Welcome Sanders97,

Just to add a little more insight on this topic. There was a viatar or whatever you would call one of those short films under your user name. For example, Pablo has a Lion.
Now there was one here a couple of weeks ago that showed a female stripping down to her underclothes and its not here anymore. That person changed it for possibly those reasons stated before. Seems to be pretty conservative.

As for the converstaion, I like it!!! Especially when they back it up with some facts and numbers.

April 12th, 2005, 8:36 am
Modmin Dude

April 12th, 2005, 9:26 am
Pop Warner Vet

Is English a hard second language?
Although learning a foreign language is never easy, I think most languages are harder to learn than English, at least if your mother tongue is German. One thing that helps is that English and German have many related words, another is that English is everywhere around you - song lyrics, academic papers, football articles... :wink:

April 12th, 2005, 9:27 am
Site Admin

As far as the rules goes yeah no nasty "Tub Girl" crap. Swearing is fine within reason but in my experience when it dominants the content of your post it loses effect and is stupid. Really it's fine but I do not want to see the f word bolded and in 72 pnt font LOL.

We have never banned anyone...YET!!! :lol: But in 8+ months now we have had little to no problems. I in fact miss Ms.Wonderbread and have no problem with her except as an avatar its sticky to surf at work. Now...if you fellas wanted to start a clearly identified "Girly Thread" in the Off Topic section and just post your ladies there (scantily clad) then that is cool. That way posters at work know where to NOT go and the pervs have a place to hang 5obsessed.gif

April 12th, 2005, 10:09 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

Now...if you fellas wanted to start a clearly identified "Girly Thread" in the Off Topic section and just post your ladies there (scantily clad) then that is cool. That way posters at work know where to NOT go and the pervs have a place to hang 5obsessed.gif

Sounds good to me headbang.gif 8) angel12.gif

April 12th, 2005, 10:21 am
Bubbles the Lion

Is it entirely necessary to even have a scantily clad ladies thread on a football board? Cause, you know, there are actually ladies who post on here. Not a prude, just saying... :wink:

April 12th, 2005, 10:23 am
Site Admin

You could post scantily clad men...I know Brian would like that :lol: Equal opportunity and all :wink:

April 12th, 2005, 10:26 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Now I have a concern that I didn't have before.

April 12th, 2005, 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

I hope it's not in reference to what I said, cause I didn't mean it like that. :D

April 12th, 2005, 11:21 am
Site Admin

lol...I believe Bob is talking about "scantily clad men" LMAO

April 12th, 2005, 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Bubbles the Lion

Well, you don't have to worry about that from me. :)

I won't waste time posting something that only I will enjoy.

April 12th, 2005, 12:00 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Just for the record I was referring to the comment by Alpha.

And thanx banana girl for being so considerate.

April 12th, 2005, 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next