View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 12:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 WR Update: ROY running again, CROG adds bulk 
RIP Killer

Post WR Update: ROY running again, CROG adds bulk
http://www.detroitlions.com/document_di ... _id=411619

While there is generally useless info in the articles on the "official" site, I did find a few tidbits in todays article on Harrington.

Quote:
As a lead-in to training camp in July, the Lions are embroiled in team-wide conditioning sessions, running 14 weeks. And the players have already established?a top?objective for this season: Capturing the NFC North crown.

Within this process, Harrington has witnessed three encouraging signs: Roy Williams is up and running, after recovering from off-season ankle surgery; Rogers?has added?noticeable muscle to his sleek frame, while?enhancing his speed?and Tollner has improved the structural efficiency of the base offense.

Good news on our bookend receivers! :idea:

April 13th, 2005, 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Water Boy

I was hearing the C-Rog stuff last offseason as well. Hope it actually helps this time around, but I'm afraid it might just be cornbread.

April 13th, 2005, 9:52 am
Pop Warner Vet

it might just be cornbread.

I don't care what that kid eats whether it be piles of baked potatos or corn bread he needed some mass. Maybe he won't snap like a reed in the wind now :?

April 13th, 2005, 9:54 am
Site Admin

I am counting on Roy to be back to form...but if CRog can get to full health and remain that way IMO it is a total Bonus cause he is on my personal IR list until he makes it through 4 games unscathed :lol:

April 13th, 2005, 9:59 am
Profile WWW
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I am crossing my fingers that his first collarbone injury was a freak accident that did not heal properly.

If RW stays healthy he will establish himself as a superstar starting next year. Hopefully Mooch will not run on offense that involves the safeties teeing off on him.

April 13th, 2005, 5:45 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Tollner has improved the structural efficiency of the base offense.

What the #^%#%$# does that mean? And how the Bloody Hell do they know? They haven't even had any mini camps yet.

April 13th, 2005, 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Are starting wideouts are going to have one hell of a year! I can tell you that much...

Michael Huff for DROY

April 13th, 2005, 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Quote:
Tollner has improved the structural efficiency of the base offense.

What the #^%#%$# does that mean? And how the Bloody Hell do they know? They haven't even had any mini camps yet.

Could be all based upon the playbook. That would be my guess...but a very valid question :nod:

April 14th, 2005, 10:42 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

He hasn't improved anything if he hasn't added some WRs who can catch!!! :shock:

In all fairness, if Az ONLY plays the slot and isn't called upon to be the #2 man, he should have a lot less drops this year and should be dangerous.

I can't imagine Mooch letting Tollner do THAT much to the playbook...we can only hope. But hey, in Madden the playbook is pretty good :roll:

April 14th, 2005, 10:50 am
Stadium Announcer

Millen talked about CRogers a little while ago and commented on how "thick" his neck was, and said he "is starting to look like a man". we'll see about that on game day. I think he has the tools to be scary, I just hope the lay off doesnt hurt him too badly. One more reason not to draft Mike Williams, to WR's who havent played in 2 years@@

April 14th, 2005, 12:14 pm
Bubbles the Lion

I am counting on Roy to be back to form...but if CRog can get to full health and remain that way IMO it is a total Bonus cause he is on my personal IR list until he makes it through 4 games unscathed :lol:

Eh he's on personal IR for me until he finishes 3/4 of the season. 4 games just isn't enough

April 14th, 2005, 2:45 pm
Profile YIM
Stadium Announcer

If Crog's neck is that thick I hope they don't drug test him until the swelling goes down.

I really do hope that both Rog & Will come back healthy and ready to play their game. If, and when they do, the offense has the potential to be very special. Together they have the potential to one of the most productive tandems.

I hope that Toellner opens up the offense to take advantage of their skills.

April 14th, 2005, 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]