View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 1:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Notebook from freep.com 
Modmin Dude

Post Notebook from freep.com
Saw this tidbit and thought I'd share with you all.....

Quote:
NOTEBOOK: The Lions have agreed to contract terms with two restricted free agents -- tackle Kyle Kosier of San Francisco and linebacker Brad Kassell of Tennessee. Their teams can match the Lions' offers by next week or let the players go in exchange for compensation. ... Alex Smith, the tight end from Stanford, was among the draft prospects who visited Wednesday. Other players who spent at least part of the day at the team's Allen Park headquarters were Adam (Pac Man) Jones of West Virginia and defensive end/linebacker Johnathan Goddard from Marshall.

April 14th, 2005, 11:33 am
RIP Killer

I actually think Brad Kassell would be a decent pick up. He did a decent job at MLB last year for the Titans. Was Kassell a backup to Calmus (sp?)?

The Kosier pick is stupid IMO. They must have some major contract restructuring going down after the draft if they think they're going to sign 2 RFAs, the Lions' own RFAs, and draft picks...

April 14th, 2005, 11:45 am
Modmin Dude

The Kosier pick is stupid IMO. They must have some major contract restructuring going down after the draft if they think they're going to sign 2 RFAs, the Lions' own RFAs, and draft picks...

This is from SFgate.com, looks like the 9ers might just keep him:

Quote:
Meanwhile, the Detroit Lions are after restricted free-agent tackle Kyle Kosier. The Lions gave Kosier an offer sheet for a one-year deal in the $1 million range. The 49ers have until Tuesday to match the offer and retain the rights of Kosier.

Kosier's agent, Ken Zuckerman, got the feeling the 49ers would match the offer. Kosier last year won the Bobb McKittrick award, bestowed on the team's best lineman as determined by vote of his line mates.

This is the second time the Steve Mariucci-coached Lions have made a play for a 49er who is a restricted free agent. Last year Detroit tried to sign long-snapper Brian Jennings. The 49ers responded by granting Jennings a six- year deal with a $1.1 million signing bonus.

Who knows, maybe Mooch is trying to pad some of the 9ers player's salary by putting in claims on them

April 14th, 2005, 11:53 am
Stadium Announcer

I ve kinda got the feeling lately that Hes trying to build the Detroit 49ers. with the QB coach, Ted Tollner, Jeff Garcia, Tai Streets, Last years attempt for a 49, this years attempt. Im sure hes trying to convince millen to hire a 50 year old Jerry Rice and Tim Brown! O well, He s made really good moves too!

April 14th, 2005, 12:22 pm
RIP Killer

I ve kinda got the feeling lately that Hes trying to build the Detroit 49ers.

Or is it the San Francisco Longhorns? :lol:

April 14th, 2005, 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]